Official Game of Thrones Season 5 Thread (No books/leaks spoilers; spoiler tags not allowed)

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I think the writers didn't like Stannis and it showed in some ways

I think it was a waste of Dillane's skill because imo his portrayal of Stannis was PERFECT but he had a shytty character translation to deal with (that he made the most of)

Book Stannis+Dillane's acting :ohlawd:

If Stannis got the treatment that Tywin did (book to show wise):ohlawd::ohlawd::ohlawd:

The way Stannis used to curve that ho Melisandre in the book :win:

They fukked up jon snows death too.

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
drogon on dat

hqdefault.jpg
:mjlol:

Made Man

All Star
Daps
So i haven't kept up with the thread. Is it coli accepted that John Snow will be resurrected as Azor Ahai?:blessed:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wow:#Targset

We had nothing

NOTHING

Now we sitting on the world:wow:

Now we sitting on these nikkas necks:demonic:

Tyrion welcome to the fold my nikka:salute:

Lanniset:deadmanny:SHAME

#Stannisset :mjlol:

#Starkset:heh:

Arya tho :huhldup::whoa:

#Theonset:manny:

#TeamWhiteWalkers:demonic:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I am having trouble reconciling Stannis dying narratively:

I disagree, Melisandre is wrong about quite a few things, one of them being Stannis as the Lord of Light, she realized this at a crucial point and bailed on dude.

Choosing the wrong "chosen one" does not make a credible prophet.

I still dont think Stannis is dead tho

Two explanations and iI like how you are thinking through this.
Here is my reason for believing HE IS DEAD

Brienne, unlike anyone in this series has no life whatsoever . All she knows how to to is keep her promises/oaths. Did you see her patiently standing there waiting for Sansa to light that candle from a distance???

The fact that the directors showed you that speaks volumes about her dedication to keeping her oath. Again, the woman has NO LIFE whatsoever other than keeping these oaths. She would not have let Stannis live.

NOW, if you tell me Stannis will be brought back to life somehow...I'll give you that. :manny:

ehhh..i think I'm done with the series
Dont jump ship quite yet, breh

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Breh...:snoop: he wasn't going to kill her. Just stop it lol. For what reason? And when? If he defeats the boltons, her way is correct...right? So why would he kill her if her advice is helping him WIN...which is all he wanted. You really think he would murk her when she would've been the most powerful weapon he had to use to get to the throne? You been paying attention? Stannis burned his daughter alive, you really think he gave a fucc about the consequences of getting the throne aslong as he got it? And If he lost, he grts murked before he can get revenge on her, which is what happened. Explain to me a scene where he alluded to the fact he wanted to kill her or she alluded to being in fear of stannis killing her....cos you LOL'ing at me using evidence from the books and the show talking about dont give me the azor ahai prophecy as if the only reason she rolls with stannis isnt because she thought he was azor ahai :dead: while your making full reaches and assumptions lol...smh...if you cant give me no scenes its whatever and just don't bother replying and we'll agree to disagree. Kool.

your reason makes no sense and you know it. All that shyt you said made no sense and here's why.

1. she just sacraficed the mans daughter.
2. she told him he'd victorious and his men deserted him
3. then his fukkin wife killed herself

so in your opinion , she snuck off and rode off in greate haste because she realized Jon was the Azor Ahai? But when she reaches Castle Black she doesn't say more than 10 words to him?

so you don't think it had anything todo with 1 - 3, why she took that great retreat? So, you would think it would be okay if she hung around for a little while and told Stannis she made a mistake? How do you think that would go over. Obviously pretty well, because you think 1 - 3 had nothing to do with her running the fukk off at the earliest opportunity.

You make no sense at all.

Then you end it with "don't respond back, lets agree to disagree" go fukk yourself and you don't reply next time if you don't want to discuss the bullshyt you wrote. If you agree to disagree you should have just stated that and moved on.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
your reason makes no sense and you know it. All that shyt you said made no sense and here's why.

1. she just sacraficed the mans daughter.
2. she told him he'd victorious and his men deserted him
3. then his fukkin wife killed herself

so in your opinion , she snuck off and rode off in greate haste because she realized Jon was the Azor Ahai? But when she reaches Castle Black she doesn't say more than 10 words to him?

so you don't think it had anything todo with 1 - 3, why she took that great retreat? So, you would think it would be okay if she hung around for a little while and told Stannis she made a mistake? How do you think that would go over. Obviously pretty well, because you think 1 - 3 had nothing to do with her running the fukk off at the earliest opportunity.

You make no sense at all.

Then you end it with "don't respond back, lets agree to disagree" go fukk yourself and you don't reply next time if you don't want to discuss the bullshyt you wrote. If you agree to disagree you should have just stated that and moved on.
Soooo...no scene then? :camby: foh you still have no grounds on that he was gonna murk her, yes he had reasons for why he SHOULD kill the bish, thats obvs :dahell: but there was no dialogue or scenes alluding to stannis actually planning on doing it...what did stannis do specifically to make her leave out of fear of him killing her? Since that's why you're saying he left? You're just running on PURE assumption...and i said she left because she realised STANNIS was not azor ahai...not because she realised it was john snow you dullard...i added she will probs ressurect him etc...don't confuse me with other posters

And i said if you cant find a scene then just allow it and we'll agree to...actually forget it, i feel like you're trolling because you're not even reading what's been written...well done :myman:

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Soooo...no scene then? :camby: foh you still have no grounds on that he was gonna murk her, yes he had reasons for why he SHOULD kill the bish, thats obvs :dahell: but there was no dialogue or scenes alluding to stannis actually planning on doing it...what did stannis do specifically to make her leave out of fear of him killing her? Since that's why you're saying he left? You're just running on PURE assumption...and i said she left because she realised STANNIS was not azor ahai...not because she realised it was john snow you dullard...i added she will probs ressurect him etc...don't confuse me with other posters

And i said if you cant find a scene then just allow it and we'll agree to...actually forget it, i feel like you're trolling because you're not even reading what's been written...well done :myman:

LMFAO

of course there was no scenes or dialogue , she hauled ass like any sane person would do. What did you expect her to stick around and apologize?

You are making no damn sense at all, and you know...so you're trying to make it sound like I'm putting words in your mouth. I'm explaining your stupidity and covering every angle so you can see how stupid you sound - because your whole argument is that "she left Stannis because she realized he wasn't the one" without offering why she need to haul ass so fukkin fast to get out of the camp. she hauled ass because she was afraid of her life you idget.

Okay she fukked up and mistook Stannis, so she just leaves? why? why would she leave?

I'm giving you the reason why she left and ducked out quick as fukk and that's because Stannis would have murked her. He's shown little penchant for peoples fukk ups and he would have killed her for

a) torching his daughter
b) leading him astray
c) wasting his money (or the Braavos)
d) making his wife kill suicide

you have nothing except "she realized he wasn't the ONE" but offer no explanation on why she dipped out like she did

answer the question, if she would have stayed and said "Stannis, my images were wrong - you aren't the one"

what would have happened?