Official Game of Thrones Season 5 Thread (No books/leaks spoilers; spoiler tags not allowed)

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Why are some of y'all assuming that the wildlings would give two shyts about Jon anyway? Outside of maybe a couple, they really could care less about a crow

he not only saved them, he also showed his strength. the wildlings only follow strength, not bloodlines, which is a reason why they hate kneelers(ppl south of the wall)

Well the plan was for the wildlings to farm the lands just south of the Wall (the lands they had terrorized and ran off farmers from for years), so as a tv show watcher, I see no confusion here. I didn't think the wildlings were just chilling at the Wall eating up all the Watch's food.

come on breh he wasnt gonna just send a bunch of wildlings south of the wall. the deal was to let them farm the lands but they had to provide bodies for the war against the others. would be straight dumb shyt to save them and then unleash them on his father's lands knowing most of them just want to rape and plunder the 7 kingdoms anyway.

Daps
come on breh he wasnt gonna just send a bunch of wildlings south of the wall. the deal was to let them farm the lands but they had to provide bodies for the war against the others. would be straight dumb shyt to save them and then unleash them on his father's lands knowing most of them just want to rape and plunder the 7 kingdoms anyway.

Yes, that was the deal. You saying they had to fight that war before he let them farm the land or something?

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Neither were focal points in the way that Jon is, tho. This whole story is about stopping the White Walkers, the war between Light and Dark. While Ned and Robb were certainly main characters, neither was purported to have a major role in that war.
I feel his story is a means to show the threat of the White Walkers. He has shown us the viewers that threat. He may not be the hero who ends that threat but he i the hero who found the means to end it.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Yes, that was the deal. You saying they had to fight that war before he let them farm the land or something?

the way it was put out there thats how it came off. he kept saying shyt like "u cant stop them, we cant stop them, and all the southron kings cant stop them, but together maybe we can give those fukkers a fight"

im pretty sure after seeing what happened at hardhome, he would have augmented his garrison with a few thousand wildlings.

his wildling plan had 2 missions. reinforce his tiny nights watch force, and have less bodies for the others to raise from the dead. if the nights king n them get right past him and the tiny ass watch at the wall, he just put 5,000 extra bodies in the north for the nights kind to raise up. just bad move all around if he doesnt post some wildling warriors at the wall.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
It means they likely "give two shyts" about him tho.

And you gotta believe the non-cowards of the bunch would absolutely actively aid him in a mutiny if they were chilling at Castle Black, cuz if Jon is killed, they have no ally in the Night's Watch.
They don't need one...they're already behind the Wall.

No my issue is if Thorne and the Night's Watch were gonna betray Jon as a traitor....why let him and the wildlings through the Wall in the first place

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
the way it was put out there thats how it came off. he kept saying shyt like "u cant stop them, we cant stop them, and all the southron kings cant stop them, but together maybe we can give those fukkers a fight"

im pretty sure after seeing what happened at hardhome, he would have augmented his garrison with a few thousand wildlings.

his wildling plan had 2 missions. reinforce his tiny nights watch force, and have less bodies for the others to raise from the dead. if the nights king n them get right past him and the tiny ass watch at the wall, he just put 5,000 extra bodies in the north for the nights kind to raise up. just bad move all around if he doesnt post some wildling warriors at the wall.
The Wall didn't have food nor shelter for Stannis and his garrison. You think right after they leave they would have enough food for a similar sized amount of people? It's very possible the Walkers left as soon as they came though I'm sure it's just as possible the show will say there were thousands of wildlings chilling at Castle Black that they just failed to show in episode 10

Vilhena

All Star
Daps
Before Jon, Robb was a focal point. Ned was the original focal point. Stop getting attached to characters b

:usure:
Ned for one season
Rob for 3 seasons
Jon 5 seasons

Didn't see Rob/Ned have an entire episode dedicated to his arc. :sas2:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
The Wall didn't have food nor shelter for Stannis and his garrison. You think right after they leave they would have enough food for a similar sized amount of people? It's very possible the Walkers left as soon as they came though I'm sure it's just as possible the show will say there were thousands of wildlings chilling at Castle Black that they just failed to show in episode 10

u right about the lack of shelter and food, but the alternative was just releasing them into the north, where his father's people have been fighting them for years.

i can almost for a certainty guarantee u that next season we gonna see wildlings that were there all along but somehow disappeared when jon got stabbed. GRRM wrote that scene out perfect. i know the show doesnt have to follow it word for word, but at least try to make the shyt seem plausible and more epic instead of..

"we found your uncle :troll:"

"awesome we out :birdman:"

"psych :troll: -stab-"

kind of felt rushed.

The Blind Man

Illuminated Attitude Adjuster
Daps
Reppin
The Republik of Mancunia
@R.E.N. Spells Ren

I hope he is still alive. And if he isn't, Melisandre has some explaining to do.

I disagree, Melisandre is wrong about quite a few things, one of them being Stannis as the Lord of Light, she realized this at a crucial point and bailed on dude.

Choosing the wrong "chosen one" does not make a credible prophet.

I still dont think Stannis is dead tho.

Jon is dead tho.

Daps

Ya you're right, the wilding fighters probably are at the Wall. Prepping for war if nothing else.

But that's probably why they killed Jon at night instead of the middle of the day :ld:

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
:dwillhuh: yes it is...she was still riding for stannis even though he gave her the cold shoulder until the very moment she found out half his army deserted him. Have you read the books and do you know about the azor ahai prophecy. She thought he was him and that was why she was so devout in supoorting hkm. Once she realised he was gonna lose she realised how much she'd fucced up and left.

Stannis wasn't gonna kill her...at that point at least. As much as he probs hated her for encouraging him to burn his daughter...he still recognised he needed her.....for more magic opportunities :lolbron:

cmon son, she had him kill the daughter - woke up in the morning boasting

then found out 1/2 the army left

then found out the wife died , which they probably told him in her presence

he was gonna kill her

no one knew how big the army the Boltons had, hell he thought he would get a chance to siege winterfell not get obliterated. Don't give me that Azor Ahai prophecy - she stuck with him after kings landing failure. This time after he did everything she asked and she was taking "L"'s plus lost his family. LOL@probably hated her....he was gonna dead her.