Official Game of Thrones Season 5 Thread (No books/leaks spoilers; spoiler tags not allowed)

Inferno

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East Bay
Miller: "King James, Love is out for the playoffs."
Lebron: "...."
Jones: "King James..."
Lebron: "Speak up. Can't be worse than Love being gone."
Jones: "Kyrie is out for the finals. And Drake was seen riding away from our bandwagon, heading West."
Lebron: "Get Shump and JR ready. On to Golden State for game 7
Delly: "There's not going to be a game 7, my grace."

t9I5a9P.jpg

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that's not why she left, she left cuz Stannis would have killed her ass straight up
:dwillhuh: yes it is...she was still riding for stannis even though he gave her the cold shoulder until the very moment she found out half his army deserted him. Have you read the books and do you know about the azor ahai prophecy. She thought he was him and that was why she was so devout in supoorting hkm. Once she realised he was gonna lose she realised how much she'd fucced up and left.

Stannis wasn't gonna kill her...at that point at least. As much as he probs hated her for encouraging him to burn his daughter...he still recognised he needed her.....for more magic opportunities :lolbron:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
@R.E.N. Spells Ren here is where I am having trouble reconciling Stannis dying narratively:

You are correct that the "you play the Game of Thrones, you win or you die" can be applied to his quick destruction at the hands of the Boltons. So I have no probelm with his army's destruction

Where this all falls apart narratively stems from Melisandre's behavior towards him throughout the show and the specific words she uses towards him.

1) "You will betray the men who serve you. You will betray your family and everything you hold dear. And it will all be worth it in the end" -- Here, her visions proved true except the last one

2) "Look into the fire Stannis" -- Stannis himself looked into the fire and saw himself as a conquerer

3) "You must go North. Only you can save the kingdom from the real threat to come" -- She saw the upcoming White Walker invasion and that Stannis needed to unite the North to save the realm

4) "I saw Bolton flags burning" -- Self explanatory

Every one of these prophecies needs to be reconciled otherwise his arc is not complete. We know for a fact that her fire visions are real, because it has been proven. So the only explanation is that she misinterpreted all of these visions.

3 and 4 are explainable. She could have had visions of Bolton defeat and Northern unity and not actually seen Stannis as the cause for them. She may have just assumed that he was the man to do it.

But 1 and 2 are not so easily explainable. You know what it reeks of? It reeks of future events being set up in past seasons, then just being flat out dropped when they wrote Season 5. "Oh shyt, we don't have time to finish this story in 20 more episodes. We need to start eliminating characters that take up screen time. Hey look, Stannis isn't going to be a part of the end game anyway so lets just kill him now! That would be shocking!"

I hope that HBO didn't do this. I hope he is still alive. And if he isn't, Melisandre has some explaining to do.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
IM ON PAGE 687 HOW COME NOBODY BROUGHT UP

WHERE THE fukk WAS WILDINGS WHEN JON WAS KILLED !!!!!

:damn:

good point man. show runners be slacking with these minor details which is what personally bugs me. they could have written a brawl between the nights watch and the wildlings and have jon get stabbed in the middle of that. no uncle benjen troll necessary :to:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
He's basically a ward of the Lannisters now. Even if Doran did send guards with him, they'll be vastly outnumbered in KL. So that's what I think is silly. If they go ahead and continue to KL, what assurance do they have of Trystane's safety? Even if they just go to KL and drop them off, the crown still has a navy to pursue that single ship.

That actually leads me to believe it was Ellaria gone rogue and said fukk Trystane but that really doesn't make a whole lot of sense either. So again, I have no clue where this storyline is headed
Dorne has friends at court tho

I'm betting all my coli cash Doran and Ellaria have been plotting this since Jaime showed up on the beach, or at least since the Water Gardens

Daps
@R.E.N. Spells Ren here is where I am having trouble reconciling Stannis dying narratively:

You are correct that the "you play the Game of Thrones, you win or you die" can be applied to his quick destruction at the hands of the Boltons. So I have no probelm with his army's destruction

Where this all falls apart narratively stems from Melisandre's behavior towards him throughout the show and the specific words she uses towards him.

1) "You will betray the men who serve you. You will betray your family and everything you hold dear. And it will all be worth it in the end" -- Here, her visions proved true except the last one

2) "Look into the fire Stannis" -- Stannis himself looked into the fire and saw himself as a conquerer

3) "You must go North. Only you can save the kingdom from the real threat to come" -- She saw the upcoming White Walker invasion and that Stannis needed to unite the North to save the realm

4) "I saw Bolton flags burning" -- Self explanatory

Every one of these prophecies needs to be reconciled otherwise his arc is not complete. We know for a fact that her fire visions are real, because it has been proven. So the only explanation is that she misinterpreted all of these visions.

3 and 4 are explainable. She could have had visions of Bolton defeat and Northern unity and not actually seen Stannis as the cause for them. She may have just assumed that he was the man to do it.

But 1 and 2 are not so easily explainable. You know what it reeks of? It reeks of future events being set up in past seasons, then just being flat out dropped when they wrote Season 5. "Oh shyt, we don't have time to finish this story in 20 more episodes. We need to start eliminating characters that take up screen time. Hey look, Stannis isn't going to be a part of the end game anyway so lets just kill him now! That would be shocking!"

I hope that HBO didn't do this. I hope he is still alive. And if he isn't, Melisandre has some explaining to do.

The Lord of Light works in mysterious ways :lawd:

#1 is explained just as easily as 3 and 4....more misinterpretation by Melisandre.

I'd have to be reminded exactly what Stannis said he saw for #2. He says this to Davos, right?

To be clear, I don't have a problem with him living, I will have a problem if he survives on some fairytale BS (like Brienne getting shot with an arrow at the last minute) or her deciding to show mercy for no good reason at all or her deciding she's gotta get back to saving Sansa so fast that she can't waste a couple more seconds chopping off Stannis' head :comeon:

If she spares Stannis, it better be because she determines she NEEDS him (and an exchange for Sansa is an idiotic plan)

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
i think if stannis is alive, the only halfway decent excuse is that brienne decided to let him spend his last days in the wall, which has always been seen as punishment. even that one is shyt and would have been better if they would have never done the fake off screen death cliffhanger. maybe just have her decide on the spot that a clean death was too merciful for such a prideful man.

so i fully expect stannis to be in chains up at the wall at the start of next season, and leading a new nights watch full of wildlings by the end of next season.

while jon stark heads south with the rest of the wildlings to secure a second line of defense against the others in case the wall falls. winterfell :blessed:

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The show completely ruined Stannis :mjcry:
yeah as frim what i know, book stannis wouldn't have burnt shireen, but i still think stannis in season 5 was an amazing character. He took an amazing gamble and crapped out :manny: it happens...and has happened in history with leaders. I really enjoyed seeing how it all fell apart for him, because he gor what he wished for (an opportunity to charge on winterfell) and thats what ultimately got him fucced up :skip: