Official Game of Thrones Season 5 Thread (No books/leaks spoilers; spoiler tags not allowed)

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
oqXRGNp.jpg

Since Night's Watch so fukkin stupid, they gonna eat Olly anydamnway.

Jon gon' learn today:
VwO4xLU.jpg

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Tookie Stark here. This idea that Brienne will use Stannis as a bargaining chip with the Boltons is extremely stupid. Not saying y'all are stupid, I'm saying Brienne, the second dumbest character on this show (behind Sansa) is stupid if she thinks it'll work. She'll be flayed by the second episode. The Boltons and Lannisters don't need Stannis alive. They don't win anything by parading him around town like the Honorable Ned Stark (may he rest in peace). They'll flay Brienne, send Stannis' head in a box to Kings Landing, and continue to look for Sansa.

How and what bargaining chip does Stannis hold? He is the last Baratheon alive. Storm's End makes no money. He lost his entire army. He owes Braavos a shyt ton of money. He's worth absolutely nothing. If anything, he's worth more to Kelly C than the Lannisters.

And once word spreads that he burned his child and his wife committed suicide, no army in the 7 will ever side with him again. He's a walking shyt stain.
For the bolded, you get your props, but that's where it stops!
FOH with all that other sh1t

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Dudes in here trying to break down what scenario makes the most sense for Brienne not killing Stannis

To me it dont even matter. Stannis and his whole bloodline and quest for the throne built up for 3 seasons then going from 100 to 0 in five minutes would be the worst flaw in the history of this show. I dont care how he is alive, he does not deserve to go out like that from a storytelling standpoint.

Im not talking about Stannis as a character you hate/love, Im talking about Stannis as narrative arc.

Right now, he has become a waste. GRRM will NOT kill him like that. GRRM writes complete arcs. Stannis arc on the show is not complete. This reeks of him being "written off" to make room for other characters getting more screen time.

While understandable from a show completion perspective, that doesnt make it exempt from a critical perspective

This show has done exactly 1 other 'unclear' fate.. ..The Hound. And I dont think he is dead. If Stannis is the first real off screen death then that is McNulty fake serial killer level garbage
This. I can't believe folks were cheering for that after how much they built him up through the series. shyt was fukking comedy. It felt like I watching "Sons of Anarchy" instead.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I'll take that L. I thought dude was right there with them through the creative process. :manny:

However, a decent chunk of that blame still goes to him because:

1. He signed that contract letting HBO do whatever they want.

2. He's taken 20+ years to write the books, and now we're at a point where the TV people he gave control to are lapping the books.

3. He is notorious for killing off characters and the series is just trying to follow suit, albeit in a very dumbed down way....which goes back to 1 and 2.

Fred.
This fat feck really needs to finish these books :damn:

smARTmouf

Ascended Member
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Oh shyt....The Hound will return and save Sansa right when Ramsey is about to kill her....

shyt that randomly goes thru my head during GOT offseason ...

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I'll take that L. I thought dude was right there with them through the creative process. :manny:

However, a decent chunk of that blame still goes to him because:

1. He signed that contract letting HBO do whatever they want.

2. He's taken 20+ years to write the books, and now we're at a point where the TV people he gave control to are lapping the books.

3. He is notorious for killing off characters and the series is just trying to follow suit, albeit in a very dumbed down way....which goes back to 1 and 2.

Lp7hAiM.jpg

Fred.

I'm not sure if that book picture was meant to be a jab at GRRM, but context needs to be inserted. There are over 1900 named characters in these books. All those page markings don't mean much.

Dudes that haven't read or analyzed them have no idea just how complex a web is weaved. Seriously, people break these books down every day of their lives and new tidbits or callbacks or easter eggs or foreshadowing or hidden elements are still being found to this day even back to the first book.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
The furore was about Jamie raping her though - not about them fukking on Joffreys table. Either way dude wasn't happy about the scene or the fact he wasn't consulted and wrote a statement to say as much. He doesn't have as much control over the show as people think.

i swear i watched that scene i didnt think it was rape tho they made it seem like how it happened in the book i need to rewatch

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Dudes in here trying to break down what scenario makes the most sense for Brienne not killing Stannis

To me it dont even matter. Stannis and his whole bloodline and quest for the throne built up for 3 seasons then going from 100 to 0 in five minutes would be the worst flaw in the history of this show. I dont care how he is alive, he does not deserve to go out like that from a storytelling standpoint.

Im not talking about Stannis as a character you hate/love, Im talking about Stannis as narrative arc.

Right now, he has become a waste. GRRM will NOT kill him like that. GRRM writes complete arcs. Stannis arc on the show is not complete. This reeks of him being "written off" to make room for other characters getting more screen time.

While understandable from a show completion perspective, that doesnt make it exempt from a critical perspective

This show has done exactly 1 other 'unclear' fate.. ..The Hound. And I dont think he is dead. If Stannis is the first real off screen death then that is McNulty fake serial killer level garbage

another reason she might not have killed him did you peep how she said she didnt fight for the boltons when stanis asked her

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
i cant believe i read thru this whole thread

thank you whoever contributed l learned so much
simple stuff i didnt even know thank you guys so much
i handed out so many daps and reps

quick quest are all b*stards name snow

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
i cant believe i read thru this whole thread

thank you whoever contributed l learned so much
simple stuff i didnt even know thank you guys so much
i handed out so many daps and reps

quick quest are all b*stards name snow
No. You are named after the region you were born (or raised)

Snow = North
Sand = Dorne
Hill = West
Waters = kings landing
Flowers = The Reach
Storm = Stormlands
Stone = The Vale
Pyke = Iron Islands

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I know some people are mentioning why doesnt Jamie just turn the ship around and go back. Im assuming that it's a dornish ship that is taking Jamie and Bronn back to Kings landing. You guys remember that they came alone so if they even get them to turn around, its just those two so we would be back to where we started in this plot.
That really makes no sense either becasue Trystane will still end up in KL with no Dornish protection if the ship doesn't turn around. I have no idea where they're going with this plot.

IM ON PAGE 687 HOW COME NOBODY BROUGHT UP

WHERE THE fukk WAS WILDINGS WHEN JON WAS KILLED !!!!!

:damn:

I think it's assumed they were allowed to pass through and go settle in The Gift. I think either Sam or Jon mentioned that in episode 6 or 7 as a possible spot for them to go.

Daps

I vehemently disagree. They've been building to this clash all season, and in the game of thrones you either win, or you die and this bytch ass nikka should be ready for the crows.

Saving him on some fairytale shyt would be the biggest flaw in this shows history. He deserves an on screen death, that's about all I agree with

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I vehemently disagree. They've been building to this clash all season, and in the game of thrones you either win, or you die and this bytch ass nikka should be ready for the crows.

Saving him on some fairytale shyt would be the biggest flaw in this shows history. He deserves an on screen death, that's about all I agree with

:russ:

We're saying the exact opposite shyt

Thats why I clown on all these internet wannabe NY Times critics, because cant no one agree on anything anyway

One dude says best, one dude says worst, one says too fast, one says too slow

Only one thing everyone can agree on. Bran = GOAT