Official Game of Thrones Season 5 Thread (No books/leaks spoilers; spoiler tags not allowed)

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
IM ON PAGE 687 HOW COME NOBODY BROUGHT UP

WHERE THE fukk WAS WILDINGS WHEN JON WAS KILLED !!!!!

:damn:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Tookie Stark here. This idea that Brienne will use Stannis as a bargaining chip with the Boltons is extremely stupid. Not saying y'all are stupid, I'm saying Brienne, the second dumbest character on this show (behind Sansa) is stupid if she thinks it'll work. She'll be flayed by the second episode. The Boltons and Lannisters don't need Stannis alive. They don't win anything by parading him around town like the Honorable Ned Stark (may he rest in peace). They'll flay Brienne, send Stannis' head in a box to Kings Landing, and continue to look for Sansa.

How and what bargaining chip does Stannis hold? He is the last Baratheon alive. Storm's End makes no money. He lost his entire army. He owes Braavos a shyt ton of money. He's worth absolutely nothing. If anything, he's worth more to Kelly C than the Lannisters.

And once word spreads that he burned his child and his wife committed suicide, no army in the 7 will ever side with him again. He's a walking shyt stain.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't think he signs off on everything that happens on the show breh - there's been a few times where he's come out and said he's not happy with changes made in the show. When Jamie raped Cersei in front of Joffreys dead body for example:

http://www.nationalreview.com/media...r-martin-not-happy-sundays-got-greg-pollowitz

That actually happened in the book tho

The only difference is in the book Cersei said no then caved and said put it in

In the show Cersei just said no

Matta fact in the book they fukked ON the same table Joffrey was on

Jards

All Star
Daps
That actually happened in the book tho

The only difference is in the book Cersei said no then caved and said put it in

In the show Cersei just said no

Matta fact in the book they fukked ON the same table Joffrey was on

The furore was about Jamie raping her though - not about them fukking on Joffreys table. Either way dude wasn't happy about the scene or the fact he wasn't consulted and wrote a statement to say as much. He doesn't have as much control over the show as people think.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
I don't no what you mean by this.

Yes, Mel tells him he shouldn't have that power, but who is Mel? She's not the Lord of Light, she's just a servant. That whole encounter she's looking down on Thoros. She shyts on him for not carrying out his duty (to turn Robert to the Lord of Light), she seems lowkey jealous that the Lord is using Thoros to perform such a :krs: act while she's gotta use parlor tricks to make people see stuff in the flames.

But that doesn't mean she wouldn't try to ask the Lord of Light to resurrect Jon

You're speculating more than me, she has shown that she will do whatever to prove her power and has never shown any sort of power to raise people from the dead. Hell, she would have convinced Stannis earlier if she was able to do that.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The furore was about Jamie raping her though - not about them fukking on Joffreys table. Either way dude wasn't happy about the scene or the fact he wasn't consulted and wrote a statement to say as much. He doesn't have as much control over the show as people think.
I think there was just a loss in translation

I don't think that scene was supposed to be "Jaime raping Cersei" The words Cersei said in the book that she didn't say in the show made all the difference in the world and I don't think they realized it until it was too late

They did fukk up tho

George's letter was basically saying:ufdup: too

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Dudes in here trying to break down what scenario makes the most sense for Brienne not killing Stannis

To me it dont even matter. Stannis and his whole bloodline and quest for the throne built up for 3 seasons then going from 100 to 0 in five minutes would be the worst flaw in the history of this show. I dont care how he is alive, he does not deserve to go out like that from a storytelling standpoint.

Im not talking about Stannis as a character you hate/love, Im talking about Stannis as narrative arc.

Right now, he has become a waste. GRRM will NOT kill him like that. GRRM writes complete arcs. Stannis arc on the show is not complete. This reeks of him being "written off" to make room for other characters getting more screen time.

While understandable from a show completion perspective, that doesnt make it exempt from a critical perspective

This show has done exactly 1 other 'unclear' fate.. ..The Hound. And I dont think he is dead. If Stannis is the first real off screen death then that is McNulty fake serial killer level garbage

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I'll take that L. I thought dude was right there with them through the creative process. :manny:

However, a decent chunk of that blame still goes to him because:

1. He signed that contract letting HBO do whatever they want.

2. He's taken 20+ years to write the books, and now we're at a point where the TV people he gave control to are lapping the books.

3. He is notorious for killing off characters and the series is just trying to follow suit, albeit in a very dumbed down way....which goes back to 1 and 2.

Lp7hAiM.jpg

Fred.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
Even though I think there's absolutely no way Jon Snow really is dead, people trying to rationalize his death on some "main characters die everyday" shyt don't understand storytelling. Killing off every main character on the show dilutes the story. Not to mention the fact that there's only two seasons left and Jon's role is absolutely critical in the end game of the story (he's the main link to the white walkers, his parentage still needs to be confirmed). Killing him here achieves nothing but shock value and I think GRRM and the showrunners are smart enough tor realize that.

iNad925

Imma let you finish, but WINTER IS COMING
Daps
How the fukk are you gonna kill Jon Snow? Wasn't this nikka supposed to be the damn savior?
6kVxR23.png

There's literally no likeable characters left. :laff:

So you forgot about triPod, LF, Varys, Tyrion, OG Granny Tyrell, Jaqen H'gar, Arya?

:seeGIFbelow:

Exactly. If that happens I will stop watching.

To you and all the usurpers lying and saying yall gonn stop -

BvYPTJf.gif