Official Game of Thrones Season 5 Thread (No books/leaks spoilers; spoiler tags not allowed)

Jards

All Star
Daps
within 2-3 episodes we had two characters die (Stannis and Jon), one get raped (Sansa) and a child (Shireen) burned alive. GRR Martin's writing style has been :beli: to me for close to two seasons now.
The bolded hasn't happened in the books - those were show runner decisions. Of the bolded it's claimed that the show runners consulted Martin about Shireen's burning but other than that it's pretty much known that the show's been going its own way. Even Martin said that the show has turned up the killing to Gas Mark 5, killing off characters that he still has plans to use in the books.

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
Until I see big bytch Brienne next season confirming she made Stannis head roll, I say my King (who went out like a bawse, continuing to body Bolton nikkas) has a chance.
And by the way, Brienne of Tarth - I respect you, but even in that moment, FUKK YOU for claiming Renly the rightful King. Learn them succession rules, or shut da fukk up and just swing that sword on some Boltons to save ya girl Sansa like you shoulda been doing instead of leaving your post. :birdman:

But I can't deny the L we took in #Stannisset took was huge. I say "L" singular, because, well, Selyse ain't an L really, Stannis better off single I think... :mjlol:

But the L Mannis took, means if he lives, I say fukk an Iron Throne. Stannis for 1000th Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. You can go there and do the most good, especially since those mutinous dumb muthafukkas about to experience a VERY HIGH "turnover rate"...speaking of which, a scrap of us soldiers who lived might be able to take refuge with #FreeFolkset, because #Nightswatchset as it is right now is :trash:

And :pacspit: #Nightswatch set. Respect to Dolorous Edd Tollett who was there at Hardhome for not joining the shankin. Dumb asses up there can't see that 10 minutes after you shank the Snowman you 25 turncoat nikkas are gonna get bodied by some mad Wildlings and giants?

Think about it. Melisandre, if she can revive Jon, it means he's released from his vows since he died. But
this shyt:

CHg1_IPW8AA34sJ.jpg

FOH! Can't dikk ride Melisandre now after some y'all been throwin shade on her and the Lord of Light for 4 seasons. :umad: She needs a new perscrip for interpreting those visions but those visions could be true...but only for those deserving. Stannis and Snowman may yet have more history to write outchea...but if she can't see that Davos might try to get at her again now, understandably for Shireen, she deserves no floor space.

And Ghost - I gotta agree with some, you the worst direwolf ever at this point (only on the show though), where the fukk was you? (Victim of CG money runnin out...?) I hope Jon got some ability to make you useful in the afterlife...

My least favorite season, but still better than just about everything on the tube. Now the TV only people know how we been carrying this shyt around for years about Snowman and so much else. Hurry dafucup Martin!

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The bolded hasn't happened in the books - those were show runner decisions. Of the bolded it's claimed that the show runners consulted Martin about Shireen's burning but other than that it's pretty much known that the show's been going its own way. Even Martin said that the show has turned up the killing to Gas Mark 5, killing off characters that he still has plans to use in the books.

That's why I said "his writing style". The "avoid common tropes" shyt. That's cool until you start hitting several other lesser known tropes on the opposite end of the spectrum.

Besides, he signs off on everything that appears on the show, and it's still based on his writing. I understand he gives them artistic license but let's not sit here and act like they're doing whatever they want. If it happens on the show he's either indifferent to the change, or OK'ed it.

Fred.

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
I have no idea if Jon Snow is dead but I'm :dead: at people posting the same interview with Kit Harrington as proof. Like he's gonna say "nah, it's cool, I'll be back next season".

You do realize if they're going for a surprise he'd most likely have to sign a confidentiality agreement, right? Even barring that there's no way in hell he'd tell us he was coming back, if he was.

Imagine if Sean Bean was like "yeah, I die towards the end, it's totally epic!" while promoting the premiere of season 1. You can't do shyt like that, nobody in Hollywood will ever hire your ass again.

Fred.
Co-sign. Quite surprised how that EW interview keeps being brought up. Of course he's going to play along, plus the timing of when it went up was perfect. Keeps the talk/theories/interest going. Like what else would he say :dead:

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
ya for real brienne is the wackest fukkin character

i dont give a damn about your oath, thats the fukkin king right there, wounded and u showing up out of nowhere, stumbling upon him, trying to keep an oath when the bytch is 0/10 in oath keeping

and all this for a pillow biting pretender

:camby: the fukk outta here

FatherSimp

Enough white hoes to last me thru ATL
Daps
I like how the showrunners made Brienne of Tarth parallel Jamie a bit with all those oaths. All these oaths can and will mess with your mind. We saw what happened to Jamie when he decided to honor his oath to protect the innocent. They called him KingSlayer, honor-less, a disgrace to the white cloak. Brienne had her choice as well Kill Stannis and honor the oath you made to Renly or try to save Sansa and honor the oath you made to both Cat and Jamie. Not surprising her sword is called Oath Keeper I wonder which one she chose as more important

Commander in Chiefin

Passing blunts and bills $$$
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Green Party
Jumped into a 50 ft pile of snow is still "DEATH". No way you can survive that shyt unless you body is broken and paralyzed.
I've seen videos of Russian teens jumping off apt buildings into snow banks :manny: It is not out of the realm of possibility that they would've survived that jump unscathed.

Jards

All Star
Daps
That's why I said "his writing style". The "avoid common tropes" shyt. That's cool until you start hitting several other lesser known tropes on the opposite end of the spectrum.

Besides, he signs off on everything that appears on the show, and it's still based on his writing. I understand he gives them artistic license but let's not sit here and act like they're doing whatever they want. If it happens on the show he's either indifferent to the change, or OK'ed it.

Fred.
Don't think he signs off on everything that happens on the show breh - there's been a few times where he's come out and said he's not happy with changes made in the show. When Jamie raped Cersei in front of Joffreys dead body for example:

http://www.nationalreview.com/media...r-martin-not-happy-sundays-got-greg-pollowitz

Note how he says that was never discussed with him. Even dude's editor has been bytching throughout this season about the deviations from the original story saying the show's gone 'Rogue':

http://winteriscoming.net/2015/05/0...th-game-of-thrones-departures-from-the-books/

My point is unless you've read the books you can't say the show is completely in his writing style because it's adapted for TV so they've ramped up the fukking, killing, shock factor, etc because it makes for great television and gets people talking. While it's true that anyone can get it in the books, a lot of the plot that makes it a more balanced story has been cut from the show because it won't translate well on TV or 'crash the internet'.

A lot of the discussion in the book thread this season has been about how the show is doing it's own thing now. Everyone was complaining about how quick the finale moved but to me that was show runners wrapping up most of the book stuff so they could do the story their own way.

Last edited:

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
That scene with thoros of Myr and Melisandre is the biggest evidence of Jon coming back. Mel actually mirrors the story that Thoros told. She's at her absolute low and probably doubting the lord of light. I think her and Davos come across Jon's body and she prays over it. They both witness his resurrection and decide he's the one they should follow and Mel faith returns.