Official Game of Thrones Season 5 Thread (No books/leaks spoilers; spoiler tags not allowed)

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Brienne doesn't strike (no pun intended) as the type who would kill a man while he was down defenseless against a tree. Especially when the man has admitted what he has done and is not arguing with her in any way.

No way she kills Stannis then and there. I'm not saying he's not going to die. But it won't be at that point. It just doesn't fit her character.
So you are saying she will wait until he fully recovered and fight him then? Ramsey would kill him but that's apples and oranges, she would be wasting precious time caring for him while he recovers while in hostile area. Who would care for him? Nobody would knowing that Ramsey and Roose kill at will. Not buying it.

Jards

All Star
Daps
:dwillhuh:

He said that right on the show, bruh. He said "do your duty"......his meaning was as a duty to Renly......he didn't know she had sworn her sword to Catelyn since then
True but she swore her sword to Cat on the condition that she could still fukk Stannis up when she sees him. Not saying it's not possible but it's not either or.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
I don't think either Jon or Stannis is dead...The red bytch will revive Jon, and I think Brianne either got distracted or showed mercy to Stannis.

That red bytch aint shyt, talk a nikka into killing his own seed, and riding the fukk off when shyt gets tough.

Jards

All Star
Daps
Walking on water
Feeding 5000
Turning water into wine
Calming a storm
Healing blind

Yeah, I can see the comparisons
:what:
Not Jesus but I def think G.O.T/ ASoFI is influenced by the Bible among other things. The Lord doesn't take lightly the sacrifice of Children to false gods :ufdup:

And there's a few other elements of ASoFI that I def think have been influenced by the Bible

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i love how before it was "this is real life... grrm doesn't play hollywood rules... this ain't like the cliche's... main characters die every day b"

jon gets killed

"man fukk this show... what about character building.. there's no more likeable characters... he'll come back it's hollywood"

y'all don't know what you want... and this is why movies and tv is so cookie cutter.. cause the moment you do something crazy, or not having what the audience wants to happen.. they start crying and bytching and saying its terrible now and so we get happy endings and heroes going out in a blaze of glory every time

and on that note

jon will be back

All due respect but I disagree 100%

There has to be some occasional Hollywood cliches so when bad things happen they actually have weight.

This constant barrage of terrible things is becoming just as corny as nothing bad ever happening. You need a balance.

I mean....Jesus Christ....within 2-3 episodes we had two characters die (Stannis and Jon), one get raped (Sansa) and a child (Shireen) burned alive. GRR Martin's writing style has been :beli: to me for close to two seasons now. I'm going to keep watching because I want to see how the story plays out but I don't understand how people are still :ohhh:on the 20th character death or the 100th time something bad happens.

That's just my opinion. Even disregarding all that, constantly killing off characters is risky as fukk because good characters are a finite resource. Night's Watch just became 100x less interesting because nobody cares about Sam or any of them as much as they did about Jon. Hell, fans now want Night's Watch to fail, due to Jon's death.

As entertaining as it's been to see Cersei catch Ls all season, she's no Tywin. Ramsey Bolton isn't Joffrey, either.

They killed Oberyn last season and the Sand Snakes shyt this season was mostly :trash:

I'm kinda rambling at this point but they need to find a better balance than they've had.

Fred.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
It was actually really good writing. When Stannis said "duty" Brienne remembered her oath to Catelyn. Whether she left him for dead, or took him to use later is immaterial. The takeaways from that scene are that Brienne realized her true duty was to the Stark children, Brtenne realized her quest to avenge Renly had caused her to neglect that duty and that Stannis is alive.
Her duty to the Starks does not absolve her of her duty to Renly and the oath she made to slay Stannis