Official Game of Thrones Season 5 Thread (No books/leaks spoilers; spoiler tags not allowed)

Daps
It was actually really good writing. When Stannis said "duty" Brienne remembered her oath to Catelyn. Whether she left him for dead, or took him to use later is immaterial. The takeaways from that scene are that Brienne realized her true duty was to the Stark children, Brtenne realized her quest to avenge Renly had caused her to neglect that duty and that Stannis is alive.

No, that's not immaterial...she spent the last 3 seasons vowing to avenge Renly. As I pointed out before, she only entered into Cat's service under the condition that she'd still be allowed to kill Stannis if when the time came.

Leaving him to die makes ZERO sense, as finishing him wouldn't stop her from getting back to her duty of protecting Sansa (unless she NEEDS Stannis, in which case she wouldn't leave him to die)

Daps
Conversely, if Stannis truly dies off-screen in such an anti-climatic way after a season that didn't do his character justice I would be equally disappointed at the level of writing. I would much rather he live and they salvage his character then to end his story there.

That's not a writing issue tho, that's a direction issue

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
tumblr_npltycVQ1t1tp719lo1_500.gif

She is such a bad actress...the stiffness to her is just :scust:
:lolbron: So you not looking forward to her performance in?:

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
:mjlol:

explain to me who in their right mind outside of Davos (who wouldn't after that Shireen burning) would follow Stannis NOW? :mjlol:

His claim to the throne is DONE. R'hllor don't fukk with him, the old gods don't fukk with him...the NEW gods don't fukk with him....but the Many Face God might :pachaha:
you can't base that off a buncha sellswords leaving

bravvos better not be charging the one true king for that :smh:

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
No, that's not immaterial...she spent the last 3 seasons vowing to avenge Renly. As I pointed out before, she only entered into Cat's service under the condition that she'd still be allowed to kill Stannis if when the time came.

Leaving him to die makes ZERO sense, as finishing him wouldn't stop her from getting back to her duty of protecting Sansa (unless she NEEDS Stannis, in which case she wouldn't leave him to die)

Brienne doesn't strike (no pun intended) as the type who would kill a man while he was down defenseless against a tree. Especially when the man has admitted what he has done and is not arguing with her in any way.

No way she kills Stannis then and there. I'm not saying he's not going to die. But it won't be at that point. It just doesn't fit her character.

Daps
Brienne doesn't strike (no pun intended) as the type who would kill a man while he was down defenseless against a tree. Especially when the man has admitted what he has done and is not arguing with her in any way.

No way she kills Stannis then and there. I'm not saying he's not going to die. But it won't be at that point. It just doesn't fit her character.

She was executing him :what:

Y'all just making up excuses at this point. She announced his crime and sentenced him to death. Has nothing to do with shooting a fair one.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
my guesses for the finale.....

arya gonna try, and get caught up... that other girl will be following her and help her escape/kill trant

my queen will do a bunch of talking, varys will show up, jorah's greyscale gonna be found... they gonna kill him

cersei will confess, the mountain will save her and kill off isis

tyrells won't confess, but will be freed when tommen actually steps up and does something

the boltons will be killed by stannis... with reek and sansa getting revenge on ramsey... then brienne will kill or try to kill stannis... i say she won't tho, cause the red woman hasn't forseen it

oh and jaime and the daughter come home right in time, to do absolutely nothing.... but i think his homie gets with the sand snake girl at some point

it'll be more action than any finale... and we'll be left to wait until 2016 to get it back again :mjcry:

you was close :laff:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
@Adam3000 @satam55 I need a podcast to get me thru a long flight. What is the best GOT one?

The Black Guy Who Tips podcast (from SOHH vet, @rodimusprime ) does a big weekly GoT discussion podcast. They usually do it on a Monday, Tuesday or, Wednesday evening, so it ain't recorded yet.

They dropped their GoT podcast last night:

972: Crows Before Snows

10155765_10206990637074856_6602506508408393826_n-300x300.jpg

Rod and Karen are joined by Mel of The Good and Terrible Show and Justin to discuss #DemThrones, then we play some guess the race and talk sword ratchetness.

Direct download link: http://theblackguywhotips.podomatic.com/enclosure/2015-06-15T18_10_11-07_00.mp3