Official Game of Thrones Season 5 Thread (No books/leaks spoilers; spoiler tags not allowed)

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Daps
felt like the last scene was poorly done though. jon is smarter than that. he see's a group of the nightswatch huddled up in a corner lookin suspicious as hell and he just prances over all willy nilly. come on now. especially with the all the tension and knowing he doesn't trust many of em as it is. and alliser is p*ssy. at least give jon the fair one. he knew he woulda been easy work:smugdraper:

Just proves he is and always has been #StarkSet #WolfGang. He was blinded by the possibility that his uncle Benjen Stark was still alive :manny:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Stannis being dead is 50/50. Story wise they can still do stuff with him. he could help Sansa or he could help other existing Starks.

Jon Snow is DEAD. They aren't lying. They just aren't telling you he will be revived. So technically there is no lie. And if Jon is NOT A SNOW. And he arises say a Targaryen, they once again they didn't lie. Because Jon Snow as we knew him would be dead.

And NONE of this is spoilers because no one knows Jon's fate.

I don't mind Stannis not being dead....but they'd have to sell the fukk out of it to me. I don't even know how they'd write it where it wouldn't be corny....but then again I'm not a writer.

Fred.

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
Yeah, they showed that lil boy in a lot of scenes full of resentment.

He wasn't ever going to let it go with what the Wildlings did to his fam. Now that they did that to Jon, what are they going to do with the Wildlings who are at the Wall? Try and kill them?
I hope the wildlings fukking kill all of the watch. Tormund needs to brutally murder that old white haired fukk that had first stab. Like, poisoned, raped by a hive positive wildling, stabbed with his own sword, set on fire with napalm and thrown off the top of the wall. I wonder who gets Longclaw?

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
I'm still not all the way through this thread, but :mindblown: @ all the folks complaining that the finale was "rushed" and there was no "buildup"....every single one of these storylines was being built up all season long (except Dany...she climaxed last episode) and y'all whined all season about how slow it all was. GTFOH :camby:
felt like a long wire season finale montage

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
Jorah will when he returns with his queen

Tormund finna cry in the car and come back to go ham on Thorne and Olly's punk ass. No reason at all for them to give one fukk about the 7 kingdoms anymore

Wildlings gonna tear the wall down too :leon:
Yeah I guess Jorah the ultimate simp kinda deserves a nice blade.
wildlings tearing down the wall????? fukking hell
the inevitable conquering of each region :ohhh:

Thingsfallapart

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im thinking they killed Jon Snow because once they revive him he wont technically be apart of the night's watch. He's too big of a character to be confined to one story line. He going back to Winterfell and take back whats his
I hope so. :sadcam:

Seeing Jon Snow ride up to Winterfell.. :banderas:

Daps
My thoughts on the controversial deaths or non-deaths:

Theon & Sansa - I don't see why this is so controversial. They clearly weren't committing that. If they were, they wouldn't have rushed to jump, they rushed cuz they wanted to be gone before Ramsey returned. The only question is if they survived the fall, but I think the writers take it a bit slower there with two main characters if they aren't going to survive. They're alive with only a bit of a head start on the hounds.

Jon Snow - I agree with the prevalent belief that he's dead but will be resurrected. Makes perfect sense. They've shown us that Mel's Lord of Light has that power, they've shown us that Mel learns of this power from Thoros, and she just happens to run off from Stannis back to the Wall. She's clearly there for a reason. My only doubt was in the fact that it would be an impossible secret to keep, but I like @jay211's theory that he already filmed his scenes. That way they can keep book readers in the dark there as well.

Stannis - I was sure he was dead, but reading this thread has put some doubt in me. It would be incredibly lame if he's still alive unless there's some amazing writing twist. I can't think of one that isn't lame.

Kyle Barker

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, cutting away like that would be a *very* strange directorial decision. Stannis is likely still alive, even though he's essentially nothing now.

I don't think it's strange at all. It was just a more dramatic way of doing it. The way they immediately cut to Ramsay's bloody sword chopping up the last few Stannis soldiers, like a continuation. He's done. You don't need to see his head rolling on the ground to know that Brienne did what she needed to do.

Daps
She aint raise them dragons right :francis:

Single moms gonna single mom

Like Cain and Abel....Ceasar and Brutus....back stabbers do this...

Just noticed in the rerun when Stannis went to war with Ramsey that some of his army in the back started to run in the opposite direction :dead: :dead: :dead:

The homies aint loyal for shyt :russ:

This hoe Stannis just had an army of sellswords that he bought with Bravosi gold. Reminds me, I wonder if my nikka Salladhor Saan will make another appearance.

how is it pretty clear

who else has she brought back

at what point has that been part of any of her power?
also why would she bring him back?

it's not pretty clear at all

She has no power (neither does Thoros), she only follows the will of the Lord of Light. It's been shown to be a part of the Lord of Light's power....

Did Jon really burn his hand tho? Or did he just react because he expected it to hurt...

How did that man come back to life at Castle Black?...Is a white walker around?....

Something is up...

After this scene and I think for the rest of the season, he had a bandage on his hand. Lord Mormont even asks him if his hand is healed before they go beyond the wall. He def burnt his hand.