Official Game of Thrones Season 5 Thread (No books/leaks spoilers; spoiler tags not allowed)

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
this might be the stan in me talking but jon is the first death I felt was a reach. they built up his character to be be completely loyal to the nightswatch. they even put extra emphasis on that by having him turn down stannis this season. so jon going for the wildlings and disregarding the feelings of the nightswatch people completely went against the character they made him out to be. he had to know it would end in a mutiny. there was too much history and bloodshed with the wildlings for him to believe it would be all good. and then the way they killed him with that weak ass uncle shyt. no way he falls for that simple shyt. this one just feels like jon died because shock deaths have become the norm now. I know it's in the books but still....I gotta believe even for the book readers it had to be like "really"?:comeon:......or maybe the build up to his death was done much better in the books:yeshrug:

It's done better in the books. There's a build up and Jon is warned that he needs to watch his back but he's :manny: / :childplease: about it because of who tells him. shyt happens, Jon makes an announcement that pisses off a lot of the Night Watch on top of everything else going on. A scuffle happens where some of Jon's biggest haters takes the opportunity to stab him up (btw Thorne wasn't there for it).

Still shocking but makes more sense than being lured off somewhere based off some rumor that his uncle is still alive :dead:

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
thats what I don't understand either. we have book readers even questioning if he's really dead. does the book stop following the nightswatch after this happens?.....don't they burn their people after they die?.....no other characters make mention of jon being dead?....seems like if he was gonna be resurrected it would have to be very soon after his death.
This happens at the end of book 5 in I think the next to the last chapter. So we still don't know the aftermath of what happened..

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
if he comes back though who the f*ck says he'll be the same person?

prolly some f*cked up shadow of himself

I'm still like 12 pages behind in this thread so someone may have already said this, but this post is underrated

I 100% believe that Jon will come back. But if it is through resurrection, he WILL be a shadow of his former self. Beric Dondarrion and Thoros of Myr are very clear about the rules of resurrection. A piece of you is lost in the process. Beric said he lost a piece of himself every time he was brought back.

The length of time you are dead before resurrection plays a role in how much you lose, I know that based on the more in-depth discussion about it in the book

#FreeBranGang our only hope now :sadbron:

GOD:lawd:

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
this might be the stan in me talking but jon is the first death I felt was a reach. they built up his character to be be completely loyal to the nightswatch. they even put extra emphasis on that by having him turn down stannis this season. so jon going for the wildlings and disregarding the feelings of the nightswatch people completely went against the character they made him out to be. he had to know it would end in a mutiny. there was too much history and bloodshed with the wildlings for him to believe it would be all good. and then the way they killed him with that weak ass uncle shyt. no way he falls for that simple shyt. this one just feels like jon died because shock deaths have become the norm now. I know it's in the books but still....I gotta believe even for the book readers it had to be like "really"?:comeon:......or maybe the build up to his death was done much better in the books:yeshrug:

In the books there's an extra thing that seals the deal

It's not gonna happen on the show so :yeshrug:

Ramsay sends a letter talking shyt and Jon tells the NW that he's gonna ride on Winterfell and then he gets stabbed

Also another thing is Sam left way back in the book (to Oldtown) so Jon was wrestling with the snakes for much longer. No one really had his back like that.

Last edited:

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
Breh when I read this I put the book down and didn't take it back up until like 3 weeks later.:snoop: It's actually worse in the books because right before this happens Jon gives a bad ass speech ready to ride on his enemies that had dudes like:gladbron::blessed: then walks outside and gets shanked.:shaq2:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I don't care what anybody says: if Stannis, Theon and Sansa, AND Jon Snow are all alive in the next season this show will be Mickey Mouse as fukk :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: get the fukk outta here

Exactly. If that happens I will stop watching.

Good, then just:camby:now because they are all alive

Theon and Sansa arent supposed to be thought of as dead. Have you ever watched a TV show before? Its a classic cliffhanger. They jumped into a giant snowbank, not onto the ground

The power of resurrection has been foreshadowed and teased since SEASON 2....Mel's obsession with Jon has been teased since the end of SEASON 4.....if he is resurrected it will have been long foreshadowed. Not a cop out.

The only fake-out tease on that list is Stannis. But LMAO at "mickey mouse shyt".....a show that has killed more major characters than anything ever and one death tease is a mickey mouse?

:camby:

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
hasn't the show caught up to the books...and even passed it though? i was under the impression that EVERYONE, whether strictly book readers or show watchers, they've all been just guessing shyt for like half this season.

from what i've heard, there's been some differences between the books and the show but ultimately where we're all ending up is the same place. cuz there isn't any more book material to go off of...right?

we've caught up for the most part from what i've heard, there's some differences to the book of course and then there's some areas where the book is still ahead - but again i'm gonig of 2nd hand information.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA

Actually, in the books he is even MORE out of character. The show tried to reel him back in even more by making it about "stopping the White Walker" army by bringing back the WIldlings. Not gonna go into details, but the buildup in the books actually brings him to a point where he is about to ride south for war and basically forsake his Nights Watch vows.

Its a minor difference, but I have argued that he actually DESERVED to get stabbed in the books. In the show, he didn't. He was trying to save the realm.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
From what I hear the red witch is going to bring Jon Snow back. In the book, her and snow have a sexual relationship

It explains what happened when she tried to smash Jon and why they showed her returning back to Castle Black before his death.
Man stop lying nobody heard shyt since in the book he got stabbed up also. Also in the book lots of things different from the show. Bran could come back next year super powerful and Rickon could be aged up and since he was in the wild so long could be a tracker and top Hunter and serviceable warrior. Bran could come to wall and show the red witch real magic. They could be Reunited with Rickon and he could be everything Jon and Ned were but cunning and more ruthless since at a young age they been on their own.

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
What the fukk
this episode was half :blessed: half :pacspit:
stannis getting killed by a bigass lesbianass servant of stark, with lannister steel:wow:
serves you right, you family killing neyo hairline having uncharismatic witchthotfukking fakkit
pod in the cut
incest lannister daughter dying? Whatever. She was an expendable character, but the consequences.. War :wow:
THEY fukkED UP MY LITTLE ARYA :birdman: you fukking c*nts
you fukking c*nt show writers
cac devil fuccboi cumstains

Sansa escaping with reek:dead: he must smell like pure ass even in the freezing cold:heh:

Big pun sam tarly with his inbred bytch leaving Jon in his time of need :pacspit:

Cersei getting shyt, piss and period blood all over in public :mjlol: taste that shyt you brotherfukking slore c*nt
Frankenmountain :ohhh:

Bronn thirsty as fukk for that Mediterranean puzzy :shaq:
are tyrion and varys gonna try and run the city for themselves?? :ohhh: since the GOAT L receiver dany is once again let down by her flying chickens and is surrounded by horseriding rapist looking brehs

I swear tommen is the most useless king. I almost want to see Joffrey back just for the sheer c*ntery he would unleash.

And once again fukk all the writers involved for killing Jon Snow. I don't claim sets like anyone else in here but if I really had to I would've claimed Jonset. Dude was honourable as fukk and trying to save the world.

fukk sake now I gotta wait another year. At least we got the walking dead in a few months.

Jards

All Star
Daps
In the book they don't use that Benjen okey doke. John gets a letter that says Arya (who's really fake Arya) is being held at Winterfell by Ramsey and decides he's gonna rescue her. As he's about to ride out that's when they shank him up

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
show watchers/book readers are finally on the same point in the story, the last events we see in the books are

-dany being surrounded by dothraki
-Jon getting stabbed
-Stannis outside winterfell and us not knowing the outcome of that battle
-Tyrion stuck in mereen. Although in the books barristan is currently leading danys troops inside the city
-arya making her first assasin kill
-cersei walk of atonement and Robert strong
-last time we see bran he met the 3 eyed raven just like s4

Other storylines like jamie,sansa,brienne are completely different from the books so we REALLY don't know what they gonna do with that. the show managed not to spoil book readers with that finale :ehh:

Spoilers have finally come to an end :blessed: