Official Game of Thrones Season 5 Thread (No books/leaks spoilers; spoiler tags not allowed)

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
He says both of them first, but then says "at least let me take Shireen" after Stannis rebuffs.

Again it may just supposed to be foreshadowing for the viewer, but in this scene Davos comes off as a man afraid to leave Shireen with Stannis and the Red Woman. A man who knows that there's some ulterior motive for Stannis insisting Davos go and not anyone else.

He definitely is afraid, and has been for a long time. The reaction shots for many episodes show that and are constructed for that effect. That's why his realization could be so painful, because he'll see how he wondered if Shireen was safe, and decided every time that it was unthinkable Stannis would decide to harm her.

Mane I'm all kinds of fukked up with these feelings again. This was my Red Wedding (show version).

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
The crazy thing is, Davos will return with the food supplies and horses and the Lord of Light will get all the credit for delivering them from their despair....gotta love religion :heh:

But look at it from the ground-level reality of that world. #TeamLOL the only one other than #Branset who seen a God do actual work; Melle Mel had some success in her flame predictions too. So they're doing the only thing they think they can.

One of the most brutal shots in the sacrifice scene was how the soldiers loyal to R'hllor and Melle Mel held Selyse back when she tried to bum rush the pyre. I was like :merchant:

And methinks Davos is ending this season at the Wall. No idea what he'll do once he's done :to:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
FYI, for everyone down w/ the #DemThrones movement, the originators got product!

Thrones_Fiya.jpg

http://fiyastarter.bigcartel.com/
are half the articles on that site just text message logs?

as someone who posts avidly and frequently in two long-running threads discussing the sociopolitical web of a fictional universe, i cant think of a bigger waste of time than reading those :ehh:

Daps
But look at it from the ground-level reality of that world. #TeamLOL the only one other than #Branset who seen a God do actual work; Melle Mel had some success in her flame predictions too. So they're doing the only thing they think they can.

One of the most brutal shots in the sacrifice scene was how the soldiers loyal to R'hllor and Melle Mel held Selyse back when she tried to bum rush the pyre. I was like :merchant:

And methinks Davos is ending this season at the Wall. No idea what he'll do once he's done :to:

v8H4jw0.png

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps

:mjlol:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Get her out the camp and take her where? Off to die in the snow?

Look I've conceded it's possible he doesn't know, we'll see next episode. But they've definitely hinted to the viewer that he knows. Maybe those hints were meant to be just foreshadowing devices for the viewer, but by having Davos snicker at Mel and then plead with Stannis to let Shireen stay at Castle Black, it suggest that Davos knows Shireen is in danger. That is then reaffirmed when Stannis is facing his darkest hour and clearly prime for reaching out to the Lord Of Light, and Davos pleads to have someone else sent to Castle Black and then IMMEDIATELY brings Shireen up out of nowhere. That suggests he knew she was in danger.

But it's fiction so if they say he didn't know then he didn't know :yeshrug:

:whoa: Nah, you guys are reading into this too much. Davos wanted to take Shireen with him because they're in enemy territory. You don't bring your fam to a war zone brehs. And Davos is basically Diet Ned, I refuse to believe Davos would go away knowing Stannis was going to put her at the stake like that. Not after all that he did to save Gendry.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
:whoa: Nah, you guys are reading into this too much. Davos wanted to take Shireen with him because they're in enemy territory. You don't bring your fam to a war zone brehs. And Davos is basically Diet Ned, I refuse to believe Davos would go away knowing Stannis was going to put her at the stake like that. Not after all that he did to save Gendry.
I think you are. Clear as day to me that with the gift and the suggestion he take the girls back to castle black, he knew exactly what was going down. That Shireen was going to insist Pops let her make the ultimate sacrifice. I mean, who can say no to their little girl if they have the means to get her what she wants. :smugdraper:

Daps

Then why did Davos try to get out riding to Castle Black in the first place? I don't buy his "the hand should always be by the king" line cuz they're just chilling in camp, Stannis ain't marching forward until he returns with the food and horses.

I just thought about this, tho, the Night's Watch is supposed to remain neutral in the affairs of the kingdoms below....if Jon aids Stannis in his effort to stomp out the Boltons, doesn't that prove his allegiance to #StarkSet #WolfGang?

• Dap
Reactions: CJ

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I think you are. Clear as day to me that with the gift and the suggestion he take the girls back to castle black, he knew exactly what was going down. That Shireen was going to insist Pops let her make the ultimate sacrifice. I mean, who can say no to their little girl if they have the means to get her what she wants. :smugdraper:

Then why did Davos try to get out riding to Castle Black in the first place? I don't buy his "the hand should always be by the king" line cuz they're just chilling in camp, Stannis ain't marching forward until he returns with the food and horses.

full

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
the same Ned who watched Tywin present dead kids at his best friend's feet?