Official Game of Thrones Season 5 Thread (No books/leaks spoilers; spoiler tags not allowed)

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
he knew stannis wouldn't let him do that again, he had used up a lot of good will freeing Gendry

Used up good will? Stannis ordered him put to death, there was no good will. He was saved by Mel saying he was needed to play a part in the coming war.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
@detroitwalt Its fairly obvious Davos knew what was up.

Stannis cut his fingers off tho? Somebody link that i dont remember

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
How are you determining whether he knew?
we'll go by his reaction when he finds out

And answer this, @detroitwalt if Davos did know, what would he have done? How would he have saved Shireen?
I believe he would have died for her, just like he was willing to die for freeing Gendry. And that's my main point really. If he would go against Stannis and put his life on the line for Gendry then he would damn sure do it for Shireen.
@detroitwalt Its fairly obvious Davos knew what was up.

Stannis cut his fingers off tho? Somebody link that i dont remember
After the siege that Stannis survived people always talk about. Davos smuggled onions in past the siege and Stannis later cut his fingers off for stealing. :whoa: for earlier thefts that Davos hadn't been punished for.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps

I believe he would have died for her, just like he was willing to die for freeing Gendry. And that's my main point really. If he would go against Stannis and put his life on the line for Gendry then he would damn sure do it for Shireen.

After the siege that Stannis survived people always talk about. Davos smuggled onions in past the siege and Stannis later cut his fingers off for stealing. :whoa: for earlier thefts that Davos hadn't been punished for.
How his dumbass expects the hand of the "king" to help him fight with no fingers. Stannis is a fukking idiot :why:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
An interview with Liam Cunningham( I almost typed Liam Neeson:heh:)
Both Melisandre and Davos have been trying to help Stannis get to the same goal, but they have very different methods, and we know that Davos doesn't agree with those methods but can't really stop her all that much.
Diplomacy and lateral thinking are the weapons of Davos, and Melisandre uses any means available — shadow babies and leeches and fire and magic. They both want the same thing, but Davos wants to do it honorably, and that's where the dramatic clash comes from. But because Stannis doesn't want to do what he's going to do, he sidelines Davos and sends him away, because he doesn't want to look in Davos's eyes when he does this. He wouldn't be able to go through with it. And yet, he wants to get on the throne. And he's convinced Davos wouldn't let him do it — Davos would sacrifice himself just to save Shireen. So he has to get him out of the way.
http://www.vulture.com/2015/06/game-of-thrones-liam-cunningham-on-being-sent-away-by-stannis.html

Daps

Yes he would've died for her, that's why Stannis sent him away.

My question is what, specifically was Davos going to do when Stannis commanded him to go to the wall if he believed they were going to kill Shireen?

Is he going to accuse Stannis of this plot right there? Is he going try to smuggle her out? What was his play?

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?

And then rose him to Lord. Any person in the planetos that came from humble beginnings would take that trade. It is also what bound him to Stannis forever, he is the most fair and just.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
and the sick part is... ramsay would probly prefer if she didn't want to bust it open. :mjcry:

for the love of old gods and the new, save ur sister snowman! :damn:

i think the most interesting part tho is... littlefinger clearly has no fukking clue what kind of danger he put sansa in. he loved her mother. and has a thing for her too. no way he puts sansa in that position, just off the love for cat alone. but ramsay is legitimately one of the few players in the entire series that littlefinger knows nothing about.

this is NOT going to end well brehs. :to:

i just ran thru episides 1 -7

my poor sansa my boo but

its crazy how coli thought this was going to work in her favor i have not watched episodes 8 or 9 yet maybe

btw i love reading thru the thread i have not got deep in enough yet im still on page 169

my boo sansa :sadcam:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Yes he would've died for her, that's why Stannis sent him away.

My question is what, specifically was Davos going to do when Stannis commanded him to go to the wall if he believed they were going to kill Shireen?

Is he going to accuse Stannis of this plot right there? Is he going try to smuggle her out? What was his play?
It seems like you should be agreeing that Davos didn't know what was about to go down. If you beleive he's willing to die for her then why do you think Davos would hit her with the :manny:

His play was to resort to what he's best at, which is smuggling. I mean he was alone with Shireen after Stannis gave him his orders so it's not like he didn't have an opportunity to get her out of there. His 1st order of business would have been to get her out of the camp and then he would just have to improvise about where to take her.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
It seems like you should be agreeing that Davos didn't know what was about to go down. If you beleive he's willing to die for her then why do you think Davos would hit her with the :manny:

His play was to resort to what he's best at, which is smuggling. I mean he was alone with Shireen after Stannis gave him his orders so it's not like he didn't have an opportunity to get her out of there. His 1st order of business would have been to get her out of the camp and then he would just have to improvise about where to take her.
He realizes that he wasted his defiances on lesser people, he wasn't going to defy his king again

Daps

Get her out the camp and take her where? Off to die in the snow?

Look I've conceded it's possible he doesn't know, we'll see next episode. But they've definitely hinted to the viewer that he knows. Maybe those hints were meant to be just foreshadowing devices for the viewer, but by having Davos snicker at Mel and then plead with Stannis to let Shireen stay at Castle Black, it suggest that Davos knows Shireen is in danger. That is then reaffirmed when Stannis is facing his darkest hour and clearly prime for reaching out to the Lord Of Light, and Davos pleads to have someone else sent to Castle Black and then IMMEDIATELY brings Shireen up out of nowhere. That suggests he knew she was in danger.

But it's fiction so if they say he didn't know then he didn't know :yeshrug:

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
This ain't rocket science, brehs.

Women and children ain't usually taken into battles and sieges and theatres of war in these medieval patriarchal societies. Davos was against it for that reason at Castle Black, simple. Now that conditions got worse for his King's army, he wanted to get Shireen AND Selyse to safety. Stannis refused. Then he asked AGAIN for just Shireen. Stannis refused again. "My family stays with me."

He woulda been a complete mess, at best if he knew his King wanted to burn the Princess. He woulda been a raging mutinying maniac at worst.

Davos is, other than Jon Snow, the best man from a moral standpoint on the show right now. Snow is gonna have to give that nikka the whole yard at Castle Black to :sadbron: and :damn: if he finds out next ep.