Official Game of Thrones Season 5 Thread (No books/leaks spoilers; spoiler tags not allowed)

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
What would "freeing" Shireen have done? Stannis would've hunted them down, and even if he couldn't find them they would've perished in the winter. Gentry was grown boy capable of fleeing on his own with a several hour head start.

I think it's obvious that Davos knew what was happening (he would've had to have been aloof to not know, and Davos, hand of the king, has never been shown to be aloof), but he was powerless to do anything about it. He reasoned with Stannis up until the point he was commanded to leave, I don't see why Davos' honor is being questioned

idk i tend to think davos didnt think stannis would go so far. maybe he had a feeling, but if he knew the plan i doubt he would just meekly walk away like that.

davos probably thought "i know this bytch wants to burn shireen so i better try to get her away from here"

then when he saw stannis wouldnt let her go he was like "well he IS her dad i doubt he gonna let her be burned anyway. she'll be iight. i hope. nah yea she'll be cool."

that will all be solved tho when we see davos' reaction to finding out. if he gets super pissed and abandons stannis' cause then we will know he didnt think she would be burned

if he just sheds a little tear and continues on stannis' business, then fukk him too :pacspit:

Daps
idk i tend to think davos didnt think stannis would go so far. maybe he had a feeling, but if he knew the plan i doubt he would just meekly walk away like that.

davos probably thought "i know this bytch wants to burn shireen so i better try to get her away from here"

then when he saw stannis wouldnt let her go he was like "well he IS her dad i doubt he gonna let her be burned anyway. she'll be iight. i hope. nah yea she'll be cool."

that will all be solved tho when we see davos' reaction to finding out. if he gets super pissed and abandons stannis' cause then we will know he didnt think she would be burned

if he just sheds a little tear and continues on stannis' business, then fukk him too :pacspit:

Meh, Stannis let Shirreen rot in her quarters at Dragonstone for long periods without seeing her. It was Davos that visited her often. I don't think Davos was naive, he knew why he, specifically, was being sent to castle black and why Shireen couldn't go with him (since Davos did challenged Stannis on those two points). If Shireen had been left back at Dragonstone, I don't think Davos would've questioned why Stannis wanted Davos specifically to return to Castle Black.

But you're right, this should all be answered when they show his reaction to the news (I hope that comes this episode), anything short of abandoning Stannis means he knew, imo.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Meh, Stannis let Shirreen rot in her quarters at Dragonstone for long periods without seeing her. It was Davos that visited her often. I don't think Davos was naive, he knew why he, specifically, was being sent to castle black and why Shireen couldn't go with him (since Davos did challenged Stannis on those two points). If Shireen had been left back at Dragonstone, I don't think Davos would've questioned why Stannis wanted Davos specifically to return to Castle Black.

But you're right, this should all be answered when they show his reaction to the news (I hope that comes this episode), anything short of abandoning Stannis means he knew, imo.

yea. it just feels crazy out of character to see davos just walk away without much of a fight if he knew. especially after losing a son earlier in the story.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
:patrice:I'm not going back thru the thread but u cats that think Davos knew what was going down are probably the same ones that thought it wasn't Ramsey that set the camp on fire:camby:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
:patrice:I'm not going back thru the thread but u cats that think Davos knew what was going down are probably the same ones that thought it wasn't Ramsey that set the camp on fire:camby:
why would he give her that present?

breh puts his life and his family's life on the line for a man that took his fingertips after he bailed his hoe ass out, Davos is on that Ned Stark wave

fits perfectly with the motif of vows not being all that honorable when you get down to it

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
why would he give her that present?

breh puts his life and his family's life on the line for a man that took his fingertips after he bailed his hoe ass out, Davos is on that Ned Stark wave

fits perfectly with the motif of vows not being all that honorable when you get down to it
Can you explain why he would put his life on the line for Gendry as opposed to Shireen?

-edit-
About the gift....it's not like it's something he picked up at the mall on the way over to her tent. He had to make it and we don't know how long that took. So I'm thinking that was in the works long before he got his marching orders back to the Wall

Daps

So you think it's just a coincidence that Davos tries to get Stannis to send someone else to Castle Black and once that is rebuffed he immediately asks to take Shireen with him? :comeon:

Davos been knew that the Red Woman was going to hurt her, which is why he suggested Shireen be left at Castle Black when Stannis rode out.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
So you think it's just a coincidence that Davos tries to get Stannis to send someone else to Castle Black and once that is rebuffed he immediately asks to take Shireen with him? :comeon:

Davos been knew that the Red Woman was going to hurt her, which is why he suggested Shireen be left at Castle Black when Stannis rode out.
Davos said the battlefield was no place for a family and he was right. It could've been Shireen's tent that was set ablaze by Ramsey and company. That attack validated his position on why she should have been left at the Wall. No disputing that.

Daps
Can you explain why he would put his life on the line for Gendry as opposed to Shireen?

He sent gentry away, and figured he'd reason with Stannis later. He couldn't do that with Shireen, she's a little girl. He'd have to flee with her. And he'd get caught quick. He's not some accomplished fighter/horseman....plus it's winter! Can't flee south, or he'd be flayed by the Bolton's. If he flees to Castle Black, Stannis would just go get his daughter and hang him as a traitor.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill

-edit-
About the gift....it's not like it's something he picked up at the mall on the way over to her tent. He had to make it and we don't know how long that took. So I'm thinking that was in the works long before he got his marching orders back to the Wall
he knew stannis wouldn't let him do that again, he had used up a lot of good will freeing Gendry

Daps
Davos said the battlefield was no place for a family and he was right. It could've been Shireen's tent that was set ablaze by Ramsey and company. That attack validated his position on why she should have been left at the Wall. No disputing that.

So you do think it was just a coincidence Davos made those pleas right after another. :snoop:

Edit, and Castle Black is full of rapist and thieves with worse marching on the wall, hardly the place for a child either

The F*ck Boy

Banned
Daps
everyone complaining about the show now will be back to crack fiending for it in about......let's say a month tops

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
He can free some b*stard blacksmith he just met, but he can't feed the 11 year old girl who taught him how to read? :wtf:

Exactly. Scholastic may need to send that nikka a fukk you postcard.

Shireen :mjcry:

Daps
He said it before they left the Wall as well though.

Yes cuz he been knew the Red Woman was crazy.

In fact, I'm fairly certain he said that at the Wall immediately after giving the Red Woman a dirty look across the yard. I don't know why you seem so hell bent on ignoring these context clues.