Official Game of Thrones Season 5 Thread (No books/leaks spoilers; spoiler tags not allowed)

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
. :sadcam: I don't pick sides or sets but, I need Stannis to win this shyt now.He done gave up more than everyone else for it. His only daughter, his brother, .

You have the right of it, and explained it perfectly. We have been in damage control, not thinking straight on this side, and you came through like Davos has come through for Stannis.
The duty that Stannis has to set the realm to rights is so fukking strong that he has had to give up everything, and possibly the only thing in the whole world that he loves.
Think about it, what are his motivations? Do you really think that he is going to get some pleasure out of being the King? You really think he is power hungry? That he is going suddenly relish in wealth, or whoring, or whatever? He doesn't even get to tell show his daughter anymore "look what you are inheriting". All he has left is duty, and it has literally stripped him of everything that he holds dear. How the fukk can you not ride for a mutha fukka that gave up everything just to make sure that the corrupt are not in charge.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
A lot of that is true and understandable but he had a special bond with Shireen and it seemed to me like he viewed her as his own. He loved Shireen. I can't co-sign just walking away from her. :manny:
I hear what you are saying, but at some point I'm sure Davos said to himself "Im riding for Stannis, and this is what Stannis thinks is the right thing" He cant just keep on going against his King, or he should just riding peace. I get the sentimentalism, but if you think that Davos loved Shireen more than Stannis did, you are wrong. See the post I just added above.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I hear what you are saying, but at some point I'm sure Davos said to himself "Im riding for Stannis, and this is what Stannis thinks is the right thing" He cant just keep on going against his King, or he should just riding peace. I get the sentimentalism, but if you think that Davos loved Shireen more than Stannis did, you are wrong. See the post I just added above.

This is a common debate. Is Stannis doing this for himself or doing it for "the realm" .. this goes back to his quote about sacrificing a child to save millions. Is he selfish or selfless. He's certainly an interesting character but peep this.

The show hasn't truly gone in depth about his motivations and what would lead him to desperation. All we see is a couple fires, some snow and that they are low on food/supplies. That's not enough to sacrifice your only daughter.

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
I still say Davos didn't know. He even mentions to Stannis that "a siege is no place for a little girl" before he goes on his mission to Castle Black. No one was advising him of Melisandre's counsels anymore and Stannis knew he had to get Davos out of the camp or it would've been even uglier.

Stannis gon be so cotdauymn mean, cold, and determined after this (on top of what he already was) that if Roose and Ramsay knew dis nikka they'd be shytting they smallclothes.

M'gann

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I re-watched the episode but had to FF the burning scene :mjcry:.

0784e09ec0321a9b1f993bf9856671d79a324880108f529e8680d9d999e168b8.jpg

Last edited:

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
I will say this: whatever's wrong with this season - and it's probably gonna end up ranking last for me, tho not by large margins - I love re-experiencing knowing little or nothing about the story and actually being :lupe: and:damn: again. After season #1, I tore through them mufuggas

9780345540560.jpg

in about 6 weeks and it's never been quite the same since seeing tha roll of Ned's Head, the creation of the Kang in the Norf and the re-birth of them dragons...

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
After a quick google here are the episode counts:

tyrion 45
dany 40
jon 40
bran 25

I'm not saying Bran isn't important (he clearly is) or that he isn't the central focus of the books (he might be). I'm saying he is a tertiary character that could very well move into a central focus next season (season 3 Marlo).
:ehh:

Dany in all those eps yet her story is still boring as shyt.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
I think it's important to note that a central theme of Game of Thrones is the death of children:
- The mountain butchered Oberyn's nephews/nieces
- Jamie pushed a child off of a tower
- Rob killed karstark because he wanted to kill the child prisoners
- Oberyn's brother won't allow the death of Jamie's kids
- Theon burning those farm children secures his downfall
- Stannis burns his own child alive

Every single one of these events changes the flow/narrative of the story

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it's important to note that a central theme of Game of Thrones is the death of children:
- The mountain butchered Oberyn's nephews/nieces
- Jamie pushed a child off of a tower
- Rob killed karstark because he wanted to kill the child prisoners
- Oberyn's brother won't allow the death of Jamie's kids
- Theon burning those farm children secures his downfall
- Stannis burns his own child alive

Every single one of these events changes the flow/narrative of the story

The show's central irony is that most characters primary motivation is their family (name), but all they do terrible things to their children. Kill , barter, deny. If it really was all about the family you would think some of these people would fall the fukk back and quit playing the game.

M'gann

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This weeks episode wasn't the greatest (minus the Stannis burning scene).

I can't take Dany seriously as an actress so I wasn't amazed with the drogon scene.

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
I didn't know that was just some servant girl, who wasn't even bread for prostituting served up to Ser Meryn. :snoop:

That scene far worse than princess getting burned up... just is to me :mjcry:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Cats wanna act like these scenes never happened:mjlol:

The King who cares:wow: ,The King who acknowledges the White Walker threat and The King who will save the realm and it's inhabitants at any cost.

A king who puts the needs of the many of above the needs of the few or one(himself):mjcry:.

#Stannisetlivesandmarcheson:salute: