Official Game of Thrones Season 5 Thread (No books/leaks spoilers; spoiler tags not allowed)

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Yeah, I know for Bran's story it's caught up, but the speculation you guys are throwing around is based on knowledge from the books. The amount of riders per dragon and max amount of riders and who can even ride dragons is something the show hasn't talking about at all. We just found out this week that people can even ride dragons. If it wasn't for someone spoiling it talking book shyt about aegon targaryaon 1000 years ago.

nah the speculation we throwing around is based on show shyt too. its not like ya didnt know bran can warg shyt. he done took over hodor and his wolf on the show already. him taking over a dragon is a guess.

as for dragon riding shyt, its been mentioned on the show that aegon and his sisters rode their 3 dragons during the conquest.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
tumblr_mtsmwsYRRk1qz8x31o1_500.jpg

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You could recast Bran and 99.9% of viewers wouldn't notice or care. You could not even pick up his storyline and most viewers wouldn't even care, some wouldn't notice. If Jon, Dany, or Tyrion just stopped being in the show tomorrow with no explanation, the average viewer would notice. I don't think that's the case for Bran.

Your plot armor argument is interesting but I don't think it really holds true. Main character doesn't necessarily equal character that won't be killed off. Main characters are the characters the plot revolves around. Game of Thrones has three main plot threads: the wall, king's landing, dany and the east. Each of these stories is a bildungsroman for our main characters.

There are other notable stories being told (stannis, arya, theon, bran, littlefinger, tyrells), and some of those (littlefinger, bran) may elevate to central plot one day, but right now on the show Game of Thrones they are supporting stories.

If we're talking about "the average viewer"....I talk to these kinds of people. They don't even know who half the characters are. The show has a lot of casual fans, same as any show with that many viewers. Trust me, you don't want to determine what characters and arcs are important based on those people.

Fred.

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
I'm glad catelyn got got :pacspit:

Catelyn gets a whole lotta hate so I get to be the one that reminds us:

-she told Robb NOT to send Theon back to his fukked up fam on the Isles which led to disaster;

-she told Robb to keep his pledge and marry the Frey girl who actually ended up looking like:

Roslin_Frey_s3.png

:ohhh:

-she told Robb NOT to execute Lord Karstark which lost Robb thousands of troops and made his political position even worse;

Even with the massive fukkup of kidnapping Tyrion, she didn't deserve to die because Robb didn't listen to her AND couldn't keep his pledge.

She shoulda told Renly to BDFU too, but was trying to get that alliance solid in keeping with Robb's mission.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
Finally was able to watch it,

I can't fukk with Stannis anymore brehs. He was the one true king, but to kill off your own seed like that is unforgivable.

He should have taken Sir Davos' advice from the jump, but ol stubborn ass didn't wanna listen.

Now I hope Davos puts a sword though Stannis, his wife and that crazy red bytch.

And holy shyt is Dany a bad actress. Everything she does looks so forced and fake, bleh. It's been hard to watch Dany's story since season 1.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I dont see how that is true at all unless you are looking at magazine covers (in which case, there are easy to explain reasons why those 3 are promoted over Bran)

There is no way to know who the main characters are from watching the show unless you try and figure out what the unknown future potentially has in store for characters.

There are only 2 characters that appear to me to have invincible plot armor at the moment (thus being main characters). Dany and Bran. Thats it. Dany because her story would be a waste of time if she died soon, Bran because he is the only one dealing with the mythology of Westeros

The show props up lots of minor characters for TV purposes. Tywin being the biggest example but there are others. Jon and Tyrion are not guaranteed to do anything based on what I have seen on this show.

Moral of the story is Bran = God Level

yeah in the show loads of side people are given hella props. Littlefinger and Tywin are good examples. Even Joffrey is basically a side antagonist only seen through other people's eyes.

In the books its clear that Bran is not only a main character but perhaps the MOST important seeing as how close he is tied to the metaphysics of Westeros. And knowing that the White Walkers (Others) are basically magical beings Bran will by far be the most effective at combating them. If anything the main protagonists are Jon, Bran, Dany, Arya, Tyrion in that order. Two wargs, a dragonrider, a possible warg and Tyrion. :manny:

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After a quick google here are the episode counts:

tyrion 45
dany 40
jon 40
bran 25

I'm not saying Bran isn't important (he clearly is) or that he isn't the central focus of the books (he might be). I'm saying he is a tertiary character that could very well move into a central focus next season (season 3 Marlo).

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
Finally was able to watch it,

I can't fukk with Stannis anymore brehs. He was the one true king, but to kill off your own seed like that is unforgivable.

He should have taken Sir Davos' advice from the jump, but ol stubborn ass didn't wanna listen.

Now I hope Davos puts a sword though Stannis, his wife and that crazy red bytch.

And holy shyt is Dany a bad actress. Everything she does looks so forced and fake, bleh. It's been hard to watch Dany's story since season 1.
her facial expressions kill me. so wack. real mexican soap opera shyt

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All this talk about "main characters" is so silly and useless to me :snoop:

And with that said, I'll add my $0.02....I find it funny that no one is mentioning Cersei as a main character. As a non-book reader, she's just as prominent as Tyrion on this show.

Cersei is one of the show's primary antagonists. I'm with you on that.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It nearly seems like it's been Littlefinger vs Varys.

shyt if there are any two people playing "Game of Thrones" it's Littlefinger vs Varys.

Them cats are the painters nearly everyone else are the paintbrushes.
True. Sometimes I think we are moving towards a Varys vs Littlefinger clash for Westeros.