Official Game of Thrones Season 5 Thread (No books/leaks spoilers; spoiler tags not allowed)

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Tyrells and Greyjoys, if they formed a partnership.
can you imagine if wilt and bill russell had played together?? :banderas:

:stopitslime:

so the man is the tree is targset too :francis:

so bran getting his power ups from us just like jon snow got his counseling and life saved by a targ :blessed:

we too deep breh :mjcry:
he's on his own shyt, really. dont trust him

why is she so highly regarded though

jaquin can change faces and so can his crew... and in season 2 he clearly says he worships the red god, but now calls him the many face god... i think he's with the same set tho, is that the same god?

the guy with the brother without banners could light swords on fire and resurrect a dead guy 8 times now

then there was the asian girl that saw tyrion... who knows if she has powers but she spoke of the lord of light and looked at him crazy... i wonder if she'll show up again

but from what i've seen... the lord of light is the only god showing his power to be true so far... where are these old gods and fukk are they doing out here? and why does she only see these visions
many faced god is not the same as lord of light

many faced god is like a Godhead represented around the world via different cultural influences, according to the braavosi who get down with the house of black and white (faceless men). all the escaped slaves of valyria brought their gods to braavos and over time the faceless men folded all of these into the idea that it's actually the same god:

ffe1c139be0b27cea19d661eadc30115.jpg

syrio never says explicitly that he gets down with the faceless men, but it wouldn't surprise me (he's not ja'qen tho, like some want to say)

thoros of myr who was in the brotherhood without banners was a red priest just like melisandre

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
can you imagine if wilt and bill russell had played together?? :banderas:

:stopitslime:

he's on his own shyt, really. dont trust him

many faced god is not the same as lord of light

many faced god is like a Godhead represented around the world via different cultural influences, according to the braavosi who get down with the house of black and white (faceless men). all the escaped slaves of valyria brought their gods to braavos and over time the faceless men folded all of these into the idea that it's actually the same god:

ffe1c139be0b27cea19d661eadc30115.jpg

syrio never says explicitly that he gets down with the faceless men, but it wouldn't surprise me (he's not ja'qen tho, like some want to say)

thoros of myr who was in the brotherhood without banners was a red priest just like melisandre
so the many face god is the same as the red god? that part has always confused me.. i thought he was down with the lord of light too.. red god fukked me up

Jaqen says he always knew she was a girl, but she was entitled to her secret. He then informs her of the debt he, Rorge, and Biter owe her. Because she saved three lives, she has taken three lives from the Red God.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
so the many face god is the same as the red god? that part has always confused me.. i thought he was down with the lord of light too.. red god fukked me up

Jaqen says he always knew she was a girl, but she was entitled to her secret. He then informs her of the debt he, Rorge, and Biter owe her. Because she saved three lives, she has taken three lives from the Red God.
it's a theological notion, i guess, how countless gods are actually one. the red god both is and is not the many faced god, he's one part of the puzzle that only those who understand the m-f god really see fully.

jaqen said that before he revealed his true identity too. he was playing a part

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I have to disagree. The show is pretty clear about Jon, Tyrion and Dany being the main characters. Books may be different, but on the show it is those three.

I dont see how that is true at all unless you are looking at magazine covers (in which case, there are easy to explain reasons why those 3 are promoted over Bran)

There is no way to know who the main characters are from watching the show unless you try and figure out what the unknown future potentially has in store for characters.

There are only 2 characters that appear to me to have invincible plot armor at the moment (thus being main characters). Dany and Bran. Thats it. Dany because her story would be a waste of time if she died soon, Bran because he is the only one dealing with the mythology of Westeros

The show props up lots of minor characters for TV purposes. Tywin being the biggest example but there are others. Jon and Tyrion are not guaranteed to do anything based on what I have seen on this show.

Moral of the story is Bran = God Level

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
it's a theological notion, i guess, how countless gods are actually one. the red god both is and is not the many faced god, he's one part of the puzzle that only those who understand the m-f god really see fully.

jaqen said that before he revealed his true identity too. he was playing a part
:ohhh:

that's right he sure was... everything he said up to that point could have been total bullshyt... shyt everything he's said up to now could be bullshyt for all we know... the way he was quick to be like "it's all the same to the many faced god" when talking about arya. i don't think he's everything we think he is

thanks for the info tho :salute:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
i'd swap out Tyrion for Bran :ehh:

Bran, Jon, Dany aren't going anywhere in my opinion

Jon is forever glued to the scene where Ned says "next time we meet i'll tell you about your mother"

Tyrion will probably have a noble and redeeming death

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont see how that is true at all unless you are looking at magazine covers (in which case, there are easy to explain reasons why those 3 are promoted over Bran)

There is no way to know who the main characters are from watching the show unless you try and figure out what the unknown future potentially has in store for characters.

There are only 2 characters that appear to me to have invincible plot armor at the moment (thus being main characters). Dany and Bran. Thats it. Dany because her story would be a waste of time if she died soon, Bran because he is the only one dealing with the mythology of Westeros

The show props up lots of minor characters for TV purposes. Tywin being the biggest example but there are others. Jon and Tyrion are not guaranteed to do anything based on what I have seen on this show.

Moral of the story is Bran = God Level

You could recast Bran and 99.9% of viewers wouldn't notice or care. You could not even pick up his storyline and most viewers wouldn't even care, some wouldn't notice. If Jon, Dany, or Tyrion just stopped being in the show tomorrow with no explanation, the average viewer would notice. I don't think that's the case for Bran.

Your plot armor argument is interesting but I don't think it really holds true. Main character doesn't necessarily equal character that won't be killed off. Main characters are the characters the plot revolves around. Game of Thrones has three main plot threads: the wall, king's landing, dany and the east. Each of these stories is a bildungsroman for our main characters.

There are other notable stories being told (stannis, arya, theon, bran, littlefinger, tyrells), and some of those (littlefinger, bran) may elevate to central plot one day, but right now on the show Game of Thrones they are supporting stories.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
i'd swap out Tyrion for Bran :ehh:

Bran, Jon, Dany aren't going anywhere in my opinion

Jon is forever glued to the scene where Ned says "next time we meet i'll tell you about your mother"

Tyrion will probably have a noble and redeeming death

tyrion probably gonna impregnate missandei since grey worm isnt able to :lolbron: