Official Game of Thrones Season 5 Thread (No books/leaks spoilers; spoiler tags not allowed)

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Olenna Tyrell later confides to Margaery that it was she who poisoned Joffrey in order to protect her from Joffrey's beastly nature that he had very clearly displayed with Sansa, and Petyr Baelish reveals to Sansa that he and Dontos Hollard provided Olenna with the poison

:aicmon:
yeah, Baelish was just happily humming along when Olenna said "hey bro, got any poison :gladbron: "

it's the other way around, Petyr knew she'd be down to protect her granddaughter

or wait maybe Ser Dontos was the one behind it all, since he was the only one connecting LF, Olenna, and Sansa together :ohhh:

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
yeah, Baelish was just happily humming along when Olenna said "hey bro, got any poison :gladbron: "

it's the other way around, Petyr knew she'd be down to protect her granddaughter

or wait maybe Ser Dontos was the one behind it all, since he was the only one connecting LF, Olenna, and Sansa together :ohhh:

I am not going go back and forth you on this...Oleanna could've back down last minute and Joffrey would still be alive...she committed the act; therefore, the death is on the Tyrells....but YOU continue to convince yourself otherwise tho

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I am not going go back and forth you on this...Oleanna could've back down last minute and Joffrey would still be alive...she committed the act; therefore, the death is on the Tyrells....but YOU continue to convince yourself otherwise tho
yeah, remember when Ilyn Payne had Ned Stark killed?

fookin legend Payne :ohlawd:

remember when Oberyn was completely satisfied with killing Gregor Clegane because he was the one that killed his sister and niece and nephew?

redemption was so sweet that episode :ohlawd:

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
:yeshrug: when Aemon is dipping into stories about being a Targaryen prince and telling Sam he too once loved a young girl

in my mind it's her. you know she was puttin it on brehs back in those days

and for the last time, LITTLEFINGER killed Joffrey, Olenna was present in KL and willing to go along with it. he used her like he uses everyone else
They both are credited.
Ones motive was to kill KJ and the other was to get Sansa away from KL. The two even have a telling discussion in season 5. Varys even talks about some plan and interest in Sansa with Olenna in season 3.

Olenna clearly takes the amethyst from Sansas necklace. Plus house tyrell funded much of the wedding.

Last edited:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Anyone have a theory that a religious type war is going to break in game of thrones? We are kinda at the end of the hundred year war and the end of the war with ending with Lannister rule.

WW and winter will bring a surge of new believers.

Faith militants = The Protestants
The Iron Throne monarchy = Catholic Church
R'hllor = Judaism

What do you guys think?

that comparison is all wrong...

The faith militant are still a branch of the 7. If there is any comparison the Faith Militant are like the Spanish monks during the Inquisition. And R'hllor and the red faith is more like Islam. A strange religion from the east that is distinct in both dress and ritual. Judaism predates orthodox Christianity and Catholicism and we have no idea that R'hllor is older than the Faith of the Seven which the Andals brought with them to Westeros.

And if anything the WW will show people that the old gods and the northerners were right all along and that the leaders in the south were folly.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
that comparison is all wrong...

The faith militant are still a branch of the 7. If there is any comparison the Faith Militant are like the Spanish monks during the Inquisition. And R'hllor and the red faith is more like Islam. A strange religion from the east that is distinct in both dress and ritual. Judaism predates orthodox Christianity and Catholicism and we have no idea that R'hllor is older than the Faith of the Seven which the Andals brought with them to Westeros.

And if anything the WW will show people that the old gods and the northerners were right all along and that the leaders in the south were folly.

Protestants are sort of like fundamentalist and branches of Catholicism.
" a movement against what its followers considered to be errors in the Roman Catholic Church"
Roman Catholic beliefs do not differ drastically from those of the other major branches of Christianity - Greek Orthodoxy and Protestantism.
Come on Breh:usure: The Thirty Years' War and Virgin Queen Elizabeth, any of this ring a bell? The Protestants and Catholics have been beefing for years.
Relations between the Catholic Church and the state(monarchy) were tied together for centuries. Hence the 7 Gods have some presence in Kings Landing still.

Judasim is older than Islam and it also came out the same region as Isalm. Hence lord of light and Hanukkah (Chanukah) which is the festival of light. So I don't understand why Islam is the first choice. Anywho someone already mentioned it was based off zoroastrianism

Last edited:

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
#IceGang coming. Bringin powder on the low

OG Bobby Night bout to G check yall

Wights up Crows down.

#BlueFlaggin #WhiteOut #IceGang #DeathSquad

White walk for the set

crip-walk-o-s.gif

Last edited:

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
Why don't u just say you're reppin #jennergang:scust:
Nothing like the Jenners. :russ: We are the only stable family in the series. You've got to be kidding me!!!!!!!

I see why ya'll hate the Tyrellset, jealously and envy :mjlol: We are rich, beautiful, smart and cunning. We have the honor of the Starks and the wealth and wits of the Lannisters. Ya'll can't stand the greatness. :manny:

Your Tyrell hate makes me filled with joy. :mjlol:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Protestants are sort of like fundamentalist and branches of Catholicism.
" a movement against what its followers considered to be errors in the Roman Catholic Church"
Roman Catholic beliefs do not differ drastically from those of the other major branches of Christianity - Greek Orthodoxy and Protestantism.
Come on Breh:usure: The Thirty Years' War and Virgin Queen Elizabeth, any of this ring a bell? The Protestants and Catholics have been beefing for years.
Relations between the Catholic Church and the state(monarchy) were tied together for centuries. Hence the 7 Gods have some presence in Kings Landing still.

Judasim is older than Islam and it also came out the same region as Isalm. Hence lord of light and Hanukkah (Chanukah) which is the festival of light. So I don't understand why Islam is the first choice. Anywho someone already mentioned it was based off zoroastrianism

Incorrect...both Christianity and Islam came out of Judaism. The shift begins at Abraham who had Issac who would father the Jews (and later the Christians) and Ishmael who would father the Muslims. And Islam is the first choice because I plays in a similar role that Saracen monks and merchants played in the dark ages. Many courts had a muslim merchant or envoy in their area until the crusades. Think more Thoros of Myr and less Melisandre, Europeans would look at a Muslim advisor in the same way that Westerosi look at her.
And if anything Catholics are the "fundamentalists" protestants were not all Quakers and Puritans. Being a separatist doesn't make you a fundamentalist. And majority of the reformation and after it was in response to the corruption in the church and not really any ideological differences. That the only similarity between the Faith Militant and that. I'm not saying that your history is wrong I'm saying comparing the Lannister crown to Queen E is wrong here.

If anything its more analogous to when Pope Alexander re-militarized the Papacy with his son Cesare and led campaigns against Romangna.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
GRRM already said R'hllor is Zoroastrianism-based, it's pretty obvious with the fire

and this:

In Zoroastrian eschatology, a 3,000-year struggle between good and evil will be fought, punctuated by evil's final assault. During the final assault, the sun and moon will darken and humankind will lose its reverence for religion, family, and elders. The world will fall into winter, and Angra Mainyu's most fearsome miscreant, Azi Dahaka, will break free and terrorize the world

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
Incorrect...both Christianity and Islam came out of Judaism. The shift begins at Abraham who had Issac who would father the Jews (and later the Christians) and Ishmael who would father the Muslims. And Islam is the first choice because I plays in a similar role that Saracen monks and merchants played in the dark ages. Many courts had a muslim merchant or envoy in their area until the crusades. Think more Thoros of Myr and less Melisandre, Europeans would look at a Muslim advisor in the same way that Westerosi look at her.
And if anything Catholics are the "fundamentalists" protestants were not all Quakers and Puritans. Being a separatist doesn't make you a fundamentalist. And majority of the reformation and after it was in response to the corruption in the church and not really any ideological differences. That the only similarity between the Faith Militant and that. I'm not saying that your history is wrong I'm saying comparing the Lannister crown to Queen E is wrong here.

If anything its more analogous to when Pope Alexander re-militarized the Papacy with his son Cesare and led campaigns against Romangna.

:wtf: Never said Queen Elizabeth was the Lannisters. I was further explaining my point. Already made reference to War of the Roses in another post. GRRM has said this out his own mouth. He mixes up history so nothing is set in stone. Another poster @horse. kills already said GRRM used zoroastrianism as an Influence Plus, I was referring to the time After the middle ages since GOT seems to mirror the end of the dark ages.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
:wtf: Never said Queen Elizabeth was the Lannisters. I was further explaining my point. Already made reference to War of the Roses in another post. GRRM has said this out his own mouth. He mixes up history so nothing is set in stone. Another poster @horse. kills already said GRRM used zoroastrianism as an Influence Plus, I was referring to the time After the middle ages since GOT seems to mirror the end of the dark ages.

I didn't say he didnt use Zoroastrianism...we arguing two different things now. I was just saying I don't think the War of Roses is the BEST of example. Yes it was a starting point for GRRM but its much more complex than even that now.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
to me the 7 are reminiscent of biblical Israel and Judea when the Judges ruled, with the 7 faces being the different names of one god, one god that came out of many, which seems to be the case if you read about Andals before they crossed into Westeros

and then there's this

1. Shabbat is the 7th day of the week.
2. There are 7 weeks in the counting of the Omer before
Shavuot. (Leviticus 23:15)
3. In Israel, there are 7 days of Passover and Sukkot.
(Leviticus 23:6, 34)
4. Every 7th year, the land lays fallow during Shmita
(Sabbatical year). (Leviticus 25:4)
5. After 7 cycles of Shmita, we have a Jubilee year (Yovel).
(Leviticus 25:8)
6. When a close relative dies, we sit Shiva for 7 days.
7. On Sukkot we shake 7 species - 1 Lulav, 1 Esrog, 2 willows,
and 3 myrtles.
8. Yitro, the first real convert to Judaism, had 7 different
names, and 7 daughters (one who married Moses).
9. Moses was born and died on the same day - the 7th of Adar.
10. Our Sukkah huts are "visited" by 7 guests - Abraham, Isaac,
Jacob, Moses, Aaron, Joseph and David.
11. The Menorah in the Temple had 7 branches.
12. Achashvarosh, King of Persia during the miracle of Purim,
held a party for 7 days. (Esther 1:5)
13. There are 7 holidays in the Jewish year: Rosh Hashana, Yom
Kippur, Sukkot, Chanukah, Purim, Passover, and Shavuot.
14. In addition to the 613 Commandments, the Sages added 7
more.
15. There are 7 Noachide Laws pertaining to all humanity.
16. At every Jewish wedding, 7 blessings are recited (Sheva
Brachot).
17. Each Shabbat, 7 people are called to the Torah reading
(Aliyot).
18. The first verse in the Torah contains 7 words (and 28
letters).
19. Our Matriarch Leah had 7 children - six sons and one
daughter.
20. There were 7 days of preparation for the construction of
the Tabernacle in the desert. (Leviticus 8:35)
21. Traditionally, the bride circles the groom 7 times under
the Chuppah (wedding canopy).
22. We wind the Tefillin straps around the arm 7 times.
23. Moses was the 7th generation after Abraham.
24. Each plague in Egypt lasted 7 days.
25. In Pharaoh's dreams there were 7 cows and 7 stalks of
grain. (Genesis 41)
26. The Biblical contamination period typically lasts 7 days.
(Leviticus 13:4)
27. God created 7 levels of heaven. (Hence the expression, "I'm
in 7th heaven!")
28. On Shabbat and holidays, we recite 7 blessings in the
silent Amidah.
29. There are 7 special species of produce by which the Land of
Israel is praised: wheat, barley, grapes, pomegranates, figs,
olives, and dates. (Deut. 8:8)
30. The world has 7 continents.
31. The 7 weeks of the Omer correspond to the 7 "sefirot," the
7 behavior traits in which we serve God: kindness, strength,
beauty, triumph, splendor, foundation, and kingship.
32. Noah sent the dove and the raven out of the Ark for 7 days
to inspect the weather conditions. (Genesis 8:10)
33. 7 nations warred with Israel: Canaanites, Hittites,
Hivites, Amorites, Perizzites, Jebusites, and Girgashytes.
34. On Yom Kippur, the High Priest sprinkled the blood in the
Temple 7 times. (Leviticus 16)
35. The Jewish New Year of Rosh Hashana occurs, surprisingly,
in the 7th month -- Tishrei. (Leviticus 23:24)
36. The Jewish calendar, largely lunar, has a cycle of
intercalation that contains 7 leap years during each 19-year
period.
37. There are 7 notes on the musical scale.
38. A Kohen (priest) should participate in the burial of 7
relatives: father, mother, sister, brother, son, daughter, and
spouse. (Leviticus 21:2)
39. We dance 7 circles (hakafot) on the holiday of Simchat
Torah.
40. The smallest allowable dimension of a Sukkah is 7 by 7
handbreadths.
41. The world has 7 seas.
42. Joshua led the Jewish People around the walls of Jericho 7
times before the walls fell. (Joshua 6:15)
43. Jacob worked for Laban for 7 years (twice) in order to
marry his daughters. (Genesis 29:27)
44. The Holy Temple contained 7 gates of entry.
45. We recite 7 blessings every day before and after the
"Shema" -- 3 in the morning and 4 at night.
46. The Talmud lists 7 female prophets: Sarah, Miriam, Deborah,
Hannah, Avigail, Chuldah, and Esther.
47. A Jewish servant regains freedom in the 7th year. (Exodus
21:2)
48. We conclude our Yom Kippur prayers by proclaiming7 times,
"The Lord is God!"
49. A Jewish wedding is followed by 7 days of celebration
(Sheva Brachot).

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

I didn't say he didnt use Zoroastrianism...we arguing two different things now. I was just saying I don't think the War of Roses is the BEST of example. Yes it was a starting point for GRRM but its much more complex than even that now.