Official Game of Thrones Season 5 Thread (No books/leaks spoilers; spoiler tags not allowed)

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Martin is constantly switching up his shyt. It's hard to get one official map.

content

Ralph Wiggum

All Star
Supporter
Daps
nikkaz doubting them dragons and Khaleesi training them are about to get a rude awakening. :ahh:

#Targset

That dumb ho who plans on "breaking the wheel" can't even get control of the ONE city under her rule, let alone some wild ass dragons :mjlol: Have fun heading to Westeros :lolbron:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
GRRM basically said the map will never be complete because its to highlight how much the maesters DON'T know about Ulthos (which could either be SE Asia or Australia basically) and Sothouryos (Africa).

He literally compared it to how in Antiquity and the Dark Ages Europe knew virtually nothing about sub-saharan africa.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
after looking at the map its more caribbean and ulthos is africa
In Martin's words:

"Some of that is, Here there be dragons," Martin cautioned. "It's beyond the world they know." Of the other continents yet to be explored, Martin said he "deliberately" kept Sothoryos mysterious, to echo real-life history: "Even though Africa was known to Europe from the earliest days of ancient Greece,” he said, “we knew relatively little about sub-Saharan Africa."
He chuckles at the complaints he gets from fans about the lack of boundaries on his maps: "What's this Ulthos thing over here? Is it just a big island? Or is it another continent?

Now check where summer isles is then look at cape verde's history vs summer isles

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Going to be real sad next season when I'm not able to read this thread until the season is over. I only read it now because I've read the books, but I'm actually looking forward to having no idea about what will happen next.

You really think avoiding this thread will keep you spoiler free? Bruh show watchers have been waiting for years to have the shoe on the other foot. You gonna be out shopping for milk one day and someone will just spoil shyt for you. I know so much shyt from Breaking Bad and I haven't seen 2 minutes of the show.

You can't even watch ESPN without having big pop culture shows spoiled.

Harry Potter spoilers were dropped on random YouTube video comments.

It's unavoidable.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
GRRM basically said the map will never be complete because its to highlight how much the maesters DON'T know about Ulthos (which could either be SE Asia or Australia basically) and Sothouryos (Africa).

He literally compared it to how in Antiquity and the Dark Ages Europe knew virtually nothing about sub-saharan africa.

That's what I figured. The world on the show always seemed a tad smaller than our world but I thought it'd be because this takes place in a time where Essos and Westeros is what's been really explored and the rest has yet to be discovered.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
You really think avoiding this thread will keep you spoiler free? Bruh show watchers have been waiting for years to have the shoe on the other foot. You gonna be out shopping for milk one day and someone will just spoil shyt for you. I know so much shyt from Breaking Bad and I haven't seen 2 minutes of the show.

You can't even watch ESPN without having big pop culture shows spoiled.

Harry Potter spoilers were dropped on random YouTube video comments.

It's unavoidable.
someone said they were watching a random YouTube vid and in the comments someone spoiled the red wedding completely out of nowhere