Official Game of Thrones Season 5 Thread (No books/leaks spoilers; spoiler tags not allowed)

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
well, so the interesting thing about the whole episode - the admission that Baelish and Orinna were the ones who poisoned Joffrey. Which apparantly, has not happened in the books at all. I guess now the show is having spoilers for the books lol
we already knew the bolded tho

Daps
It seems like the cult thing is straight extra even in the books, but for a tv show only with so many storylines, favorites characters, and only two seasons left, it's not necessary and convolutes the storyline. It's kinda taxing as a watcher only to have yet another set pop up when we're not getting screen time from the existing ones. It's clear it sets up some important events, so you can't knock it completely, but I'd rather develop the dornish and skips these nuts

So then what would you cut?

It's not like they waste time showing what these wingbats do all day, showing them preaching in the streets and feeding the poor and shyt. We pretty much only see them when they're interacting with major characters. If they showed less the audience would be even more confused on who these nuts are and why they have so much power

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
There was also Loras' reaction before and after he made his accusations:comeon:

They haven't stood trial, the High Septon just deemed there is enough evidence for them to stand trial.

And the fact that they're royalty doesn't help them at all, they've beaten that point into the ground since they've introduced the concept of the faith militant. Tommem being a bytch has allowed them to have little resistance from the crown.
Basically we have this suddenly all-powerful religious sect whose power base is built on the decree of the Queen-Mother yet the actual Queen can't do jack shyt?
It just seems poorly executed to me.
A better take would have been for Cersei and Maergery to spend a couple episodes sniping and taking shots at one another and then for Maergery and her granny to come up with the idea of using the High Sparrow and his crew to remove Cersei. That way we get Cersei's comeuppance but we don't have to buy that no one challenged Cersei's power grab especially not when the show made a point to illustrate that Maergery was wanting to get rid of Cersei.
She basically just sat around doing nothing instead of actively working to remove Cersei?

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
I got a weakness for crazy bytches :francis:

5562a34d1aaec7043ea52155_game-of-thrones-sexual-assault-sand-snakes.jpg

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
It seems like the cult thing is straight extra even in the books, but for a tv show only with so many storylines, favorites characters, and only two seasons left, it's not necessary and convolutes the storyline. It's kinda taxing as a watcher only to have yet another set pop up when we're not getting screen time from the existing ones. It's clear it sets up some important events, so you can't knock it completely, but I'd rather develop the dornish and skips these nuts

none of the following is spoilers, but i know some of ya hate book talk so ima put it in spoiler tags.

its basically just a run down of what the faith militant actually is and why they are so powerful.

in the books it isnt so bad because its very subtly built up from book 3 and on. u hear about the mountain and his men and other bands of soldiers burning down septs and raping septas and then u meet travelers on the way to kings landing seeking the high septon's protection. its much more under the surface and u hear about all the travelers that fill up the city in the days before the battle of the blackwater. then in the beginning of the 4th book u get to know more about them when brienne meets a couple of them on her travels looking for sansa. then suddenly in kings landing cersei has the high septon killed because he holding out on crowning tommen until the lannisters pay their debt to the church. when she does this dumb shyt, the sparrows(the name all the pious travelers give themselves) force a new high septon on kings landing by popular vote and name him the high sparrow.

at this point they are just a bunch of homeless poor people but they are so many, that nobody can dispute them and who they choose to rule over them. he sells off all of the shiny gold shyt the previous high septons kept and starts feeding all the poor, most of whom become so appreciative of this that they join his movement. so cersei, in dumb move number 2, decides to win this current high septon over by giving in to his demand of allowing the faith to arm itself again to protect septons and septas and all the faithful from people like the mountain and other evil people doing fukked up shyt during war. first the HS asks her to provide them with soldiers to protect them and she says no, that they can protect themselves. so he gets her to sign off. once everybody hears that the faith is rearmed again, all the devout lords and ladys of westeros start sending swords to show how pious they are. some knights(like lancel) even renounce their names and lands and devote their lives to the faith.

there are 2 orders of the faith.

the warrior's sons are the real true soldiers. knights and bowmen and spearmen etc. they are all experienced and battle hardened and are basically the marines. the frontlines

n then the poor fellows(sparrows). they are the defenders. usually just poor people armed with pitchforks and knives and here and there a sword or axe. they are basically the national guard.

because of time constraints, the show didnt get into it so it appears to be some little cult of lunatics taking over the city and having more power than the king. in actuality, its a MASSIVE amount of people who have REAL soldiers and knights. this is why in the books just like the show, nobody does anything drastic to save cersei or margaery. u cant just raid the sept and kill them all, because they outnumber the lannisters and the tyrells combined, seeing as they are both lightly manned and have most of their armies off fighting and defending their own lands. on top of that, its not only the faith militant in kings landing they have to worry about, there are faith militants in EVERY southern city. so the high lords are in genuine fear of what can happen if they kill off some religious people. on top of that, some houses are actually very pious themselves so any war that the faith jumps into with anyone else, they will join.

It becomes what the high sparrow said last night "when the many stop fearing the few".

Last edited:

BreezyH

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
the lancel thing biggest implication could be when jamie finds out and truly throws his sister in the bushes.

i always thought the tyrion as a gift storyline was kinda meh. jamie would be the bigger prize and now that the Lanisters are tied with the starks for L's, he aint even a good bargaining chip. all he can do is advice Daenerys on Western politricks.

ramsay walking around real confident like stannis cant smash the boltons and winterfell loyalists cant sneak attack at a moments notice.

yall thing Daenerys' soon to be husband gonna try and boss up on her after the marriage starts?

bronn hit those broads with the zapp and roger and got the clothes off :win:

What's Tommen to do now?

sad part is his mom already had him scared to move cause majorie might die, now they got his mom too? he aint doing nothing but hiding out in his room.

They should've put her in Marjorie cell:banderas:

:gladbron:.

anyone thought majorie was smirking too much in the jail scene? it read to confident to me, like she knew she was going to be alright. at that point, i dont see how you could be anything but tight

Time to rewind back to them titties

:ahh:

:blessed::blessed::blessed::whoo:

:russ: He did go super sayian simp...

...Like trying to do And 1 basketball moves when your girl watching you play basketball...

:pachaha:

Who would win Jorah vs Bronn? :ohhh:

jorah don't fight like a regular knight no more, his street fighting game is up there.

who would've won that bronn vs. hound fight tho :sas2:.

it's also a crime that jamie got all this hype as a great swordsman but never had a scene at 100%

brienne got W's over Jamie, Loras, and the Hound, but it's still :pacspit:

that's what i think is misconstrued.... i think theon really was about to light that candle... and he opened that door and was surprised as fukk... and then at that point, ramsey knows when he lies, or at least theon believes he does... and well :francis:

unless i'm mistaken.. he didn't purposely go find ramsey to tell him... he got caught up

but how the fukk nobody from the castle see this big 7'8 blond bytch standing outside the walls on daily basis :what:

nah, ramsay was in that tower like he was living there. he wasn't shocked that theon opened the door.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
So then what would you cut?

It's not like they waste time showing what these wingbats do all day, showing them preaching in the streets and feeding the poor and shyt. We pretty much only see them when they're interacting with major characters. If they showed less the audience would be even more confused on who these nuts are and why they have so much power
It's not about what id cut, I'm simply explaining how a show watcher only could find the storyline weak, annoying, or a distraction from other lines/ characters they care abt

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Id be shocked if the Cersei story line didnt come to her being convicted, and she requests a trial by combat and the Mountain finally returns in his Frankenstein form

Who would the Sparrows have fight against him though? :lupe:
How can he fight in trial by combat if he's already dead. I'm not sure, but aren't there rules.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How can he fight in trial by combat if he's already dead. I'm not sure, but aren't there rules.
I have no idea on the rules, I doubt there are many. What other purpose would he have at this point? Hes definitely going to make an appearance this season, and last episode just set it all up pretty much

Daps
Basically we have this suddenly all-powerful religious sect whose power base is built on the decree of the Queen-Mother yet the actual Queen can't do jack shyt?
It just seems poorly executed to me.
A better take would have been for Cersei and Maergery to spend a couple episodes sniping and taking shots at one another and then for Maergery and her granny to come up with the idea of using the High Sparrow and his crew to remove Cersei. That way we get Cersei's comeuppance but we don't have to buy that no one challenged Cersei's power grab especially not when the show made a point to illustrate that Maergery was wanting to get rid of Cersei.
She basically just sat around doing nothing instead of actively working to remove Cersei?

:dwillhuh:
She was persuading Tommen to send her back to Casterly Rock....That's what led to Cersei into having the Sparrows legitimized.

You really wanted them to waste time showing Margery and Cersei snipping at each other??? They've been doing that since the beginning of season 3. Lady Oleynna went back home, why would she rush back to Kings Landing just cuz Margery is 'snipping' with Cersei? How would they even use the Sparrows when they had no power? Even if they did get Tommen to sign a decree, Cersei would subvert it immediately just because it was the Tyrrell's who made it happen. Cersei was acting as de facto ruler, she wouldn't let them legitimize the Sparrows. (Never mind the fact that before they were legitimized, they weren't even on the radar of the royalty, so how would Lady Olynena even know about them?)

I don't see what's so unbelievable about the cult. They have told you that before Aegon conquered Westeros, the Faith Militant was an armed group that carried out the justice of the gods and no one was exempt, not even kings and queens. The Targs threw them in the bushes cuz they're crazy, Cersei brought them back because she is dumb and thought she could use them to take out the Tyrrell's. This re-legitimization is made possible because the King is so weak.

What Cersei and apparently you (since you suggested the Tyrrell's use the Sparrow) don't understand is that the Sparrows aren't like other players in the game of thrones. They are not bound by alliances, they strictly follow the faith...They can't be controlled. Lady Olynna wouldn't suggest using them cuz she knows her grandson is a sword swallower and her granddaughter is a tramp.

Shaman

Poet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QC
Id be shocked if the Cersei story line didnt come to her being convicted, and she requests a trial by combat and the Mountain finally returns in his Frankenstein form

Who would the Sparrows have fight against him though? :lupe:

Maybe loras could offer to fight on the sparrows' behalf as atonement or whatever. He IS supposed to be top 5 in the seven kingdoms:ehh:

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
I have no idea on the rules, I doubt there are many. What other purpose would he have at this point? Hes definitely going to make an appearance this season, and last episode just set it all up pretty much
Maybe he'll fight for her, but once they find out that dude can't die, she'll be disqualified. We'll see though.

Daps
It's not about what id cut, I'm simply explaining how a show watcher only could find the storyline weak, annoying, or a distraction from other lines/ characters they care abt

I am a show watcher only and I don't find it to be a distraction because, again, it's directly affecting major players. Without wasting much of any time on their background. I think the only time we see them without a major character is when they run up on the High Septon