Official Game of Thrones Season 5 Thread (No books/leaks spoilers; spoiler tags not allowed)

Daps
i just rewatched some parts and remembering last week. Littlefinger is too smart to side with the faith militants. I think he has something else up his sleeve, while he does want to take Cersei down, I think he realizes the impact the faith militant could have (specificaly after thrashing his brothel).

so , lets think about it brehs who could Littlefinger deliver to save them - who was the catalyst of all of this

he states he has a gift for Olenna

same gift he had for Cersei "a handsome young man"

so how do you take that.

1. if his gift for Cersei was "Lancel", then does that mean he has some dirt on Olenna as well to get her put in faith militants target?

2. is the gift for Olenna and Cersei the same "handsome young man". If so which young man would be a gift for both Cersei and Olenna

Gentry? - wouldn't be a gift for Cerei nor Olenna becase Gentry would have a claim to the throne - that puts Olenna and Marg out of power completely. Unless Littlefinger said it in a sarcastic way.

Olyvar - could potentailly retract his statement or be killed off but that doesn't help Cersei, unless he's the one who got Olyvar to rat on Loras . This makes sense, he might have given him to Cersei and now will use him to help Olenna by either kiling him (no testimony) or having him recan.t

Can someone remind me...why did Cersei summon LF to King's Landing again?

I need to rewatch that scene and the LF/Lancel scene in the streets again.

Daps
This is easily the worst season that dosnt mean i wont be watching and anticipating that crack cocaine

Dorne is the worst subplot the show has ever put on.
I hate that gay ass cult in Kings Landing i dont care for it

Straight Margaret from Boardwalk.Empire status

Im only invested in Jon Snow's and Sansa's and Aryas story and its going way too slow.. this is nothing but a build up season

I truly don't understand the hate for the cult storyline, but to say it's Schrooooooeder status is just stupid. The High Sparrow has thrown the Queen, the Queen Mother, and the Queen's brother in cells, having a DIRECT impact on the game of thrones as it's making the King look like a biggity bytch.

Margaret made us suffer through her moral dilemmas building hospitals and championing women's health in the middle of a show about bootlegging and gangsterdom :camby:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I truly don't understand the hate for the cult storyline, but to say it's Schrooooooeder status is just stupid. The High Sparrow has thrown the Queen, the Queen Mother, and the Queen's brother in cells, having a DIRECT impact on the game of thrones as it's making the King look like a biggity bytch.

Margaret made us suffer through her moral dilemmas building hospitals and championing women's health in the middle of a show about bootlegging and gangsterdom :camby:
My biggest issue with the High Sparrow running roughshod over King's Landing is that tossing a sitting (and popular with the people) queen like Maergery into a jail cell on the word of a man-whore makes no sense to me.
Even Loras' arrest was kind of weak when you take into account the only proof that was presented was the man-whore knowing about a birthmark which is not that odd of a thing for the man-whore to know since he did spend time as Loras' squire which means he helped Loras get dressed on the regular.

Daps
My biggest issue with the High Sparrow running roughshod over King's Landing is that tossing a sitting (and popular with the people) queen like Maergery into a jail cell on the word of a man-whore makes no sense to me.
Even Loras' arrest was kind of weak when you take into account the only proof that was presented was the man-whore knowing about a birthmark which is not that odd of a thing for the man-whore to know since he did spend time as Loras' squire which means he helped Loras get dressed on the regular.

There was also Loras' reaction before and after he made his accusations:comeon:

They haven't stood trial, the High Septon just deemed there is enough evidence for them to stand trial.

And the fact that they're royalty doesn't help them at all, they've beaten that point into the ground since they've introduced the concept of the faith militant. Tommem being a bytch has allowed them to have little resistance from the crown.

MikhailSaeed

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And it works out in Oleanna's favor because the only charge against Cersei is one of incest with Lancel. No one is accusing her of fukking Jaime. So Tommen's parentage or kingship doesn't get challenged by Cersei admitting she is a "cousin fukker". Cersei just loses her power, her standing in society and gets publicly shamed/punished while Tommen is left all alone to be manipulated by The Tyrells.

The actual cousin fukking part might not even be illegal there, marriages between cousins are actually legal in most of the real world :scusthov: and since the Targs were on that brother + sister flex they may have relaxed laws on incest. I would guess the sparrow would insist that the old gods rules supercede targ rules :manny:

Either way, I'm sure that adultery is still a heavy sin there though and so Cersei is still fukked

smARTmouf

Ascended Member
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
This beautiful face no one mentioned until the titties came out :sas2:

I'm not gonna argue with someone about their opinion, but she's not what I'd ever consider bad :manny:

Truthfully....I thought she was a little immature girl at first, so i kind of ignored her...then BOOM...lol...So I'm thinking she has to be of age to be showing her presents off like that...

Shaman

Poet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QC
That Women, Wine, and Weather.
eyyav.png

tumblr_nm341odVTo1s5m21go2_250.gif

Prince Doran boolin in his waterfront estate, sipping on that dornish red, smoking on that Tywin pack :wow:

the good life :obama:

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Braavos was shown in the opening and there were no scenes there unless I dozed off and missed something.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

It seems like the cult thing is straight extra even in the books, but for a tv show only with so many storylines, favorites characters, and only two seasons left, it's not necessary and convolutes the storyline. It's kinda taxing as a watcher only to have yet another set pop up when we're not getting screen time from the existing ones. It's clear it sets up some important events, so you can't knock it completely, but I'd rather develop the dornish and skips these nuts

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Nah, there were no scenes in Braavos this episode.

First time I watched the intro since someone said last week it shows all the places the show will take place.

It showed Bravvos in the intro though.....so I guess that isn't always the case.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not a good look for #TheonSet this week brehs :huhldup:

But we're just getting set up for an even more epic comeback. The Kraken is gonna rise from the ashes like a Phoenix :banderas:

Even if he rises, he still lost his manhood

thats an everlasting L

:francis: