Official Game of Thrones Season 5 Thread (No books/leaks spoilers; spoiler tags not allowed)

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I don't get the shock and outrage? Everyone knows Ramsay and the Boltons are maniacs, Sansa decides to Marry him.:francis: What did they think was gonna happen on the wedding night? Ramsay was going to cuddle with her?:mjlol: She's actually lucky all he did was let Theon watch.:manny:

considering there was a lot of buzz about ramsay apparently doing something super-extremely fukked up, far worse than anything he's done before, it seemed kind of tame to honest.

and yeah lol@that fight in dorne. that was spectacularly bad. those sand snakes are fukking hot garbage man. every scene they're in is absolutely terrible...the dialogue and acting is a disgrace to the show. i've been saying it since i first saw them in those leaked episodes. i was shocked at how bad they were. i figured they could fight at least... :francis:

John Mayer

In your atmosphere
Daps
Reppin
Paradise Valley
This post is a crock of shyt. Rape in a context of power, historically happened all the time (not saying ANYTHING about it is redeeming because it isnt.)

Rome and its empire would not have began had it not had been for the rape of the sabines. The Boltons are a shyt family, Ramsay himself is a product of a rape. His twistedness is in his blood, also something HAD to give in order for Theon to act. I think seeing Sansa being raped is that thing. Having a woman be raped in a fictional show isn't misogyny. Terrible, oh yeah. But through Europe (which Westeros is based off of) rape after a siege or sack was common place. And its not like Ramsay hasnt been set up as a shyt individual from day one...we all saw this coming from the moment Littlefinger said she was to marry him.
Even Cersei said it in the "Blackwater" episode.

"If the city falls these fine women, should be in for a bit of a rape."

This is a reality that these women, particularly noble women, had to think about in this reality even more so during times of war. To NOT include it would be both juvenile it would insult the viewer I think. I honestly think they made a good call in not going full blast on the visuals or in the book version of what happened. But you are (I hope) an adult and you should know that rape, murder, slavery, human trafficking, and all the other horrid shyt in this show exists in the real world. And if you want your fictional, rough world to feel immersive in ANY way...unfortunately these things have to happen.

And you clearly don't understand tv writing when you get 10 weeks to flesh out a story, every episode ISNT supposed to have huge set pieces. This is a classic bridge episode where things happen to set up bigger decisions. It sounds like you just dont like the show, so stop watching. Go watch a program more episodic like the Simpsons.

I still find it funny that people bug out on this show about this rape and that Jaime/Cersei scene from last season, but are perfectly ok with a pregnant woman being stabbed to death IN THE STOMACH, or man's head being crushed till it explodes.

:stopitslime:
Did the raping of Sansa tell us anything new about Ramsey? We already know that Ramsey is a sadistic monster the rape didn’t advance any plot lines beyond where they already were. The writers literally were like hey let's throw a rape in here..

The Game of Thrones writers have written themselves into a corner and using rape as a way to write themselves out of it won't work.

The dorne sword fight proved that these guys don't know what the hell they're doing.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Did the raping of Sansa tell us anything new about Ramsey? We already know that Ramsey is a sadistic monster the rape didn’t advance any plot lines beyond where they already were. The writers literally were like hey let's throw a rape in here..

The Game of Thrones writers have written themselves into a corner and using rape as a way to write themselves out of it won't work.

The dorne sword fight proved that these guys don't know what the hell they're doing.
It actually advances the plot line for theon and foreshadows him breaking out of reek, as we see in the preview for next week

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Poor Jaime, that L for Lannister is the gift that keeps on giving, got sonned by Robert Traylor #demthrones

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

The writers dont have shyt to do with the directors or the cinematographers.......:russ:

you dont know shyt, clearly. :heh:

And that scene wasn't about Ramsay...it wasnt even really about Sansa...that scene was about THEON. After all that has happened to him you could tell that this was just as if not more traumatic to him than the things that happened to him. It was written and directed clearly...who was the last person we saw? Theon. Theon represents the viewer of the show and the viewer as it pertains to Sansa in particular. Just standing there, watching, helpless, powerless to do anything to Ramsay or any of the diabolical men that get their way in this show.

Terrible things happen in this show, but this was one of the most helpless scenes in the series.

Do you watch Game of Thrones or do you just skim through it? :dahell:

get this peon outa here breh :camby:

John Mayer

In your atmosphere
Daps
Reppin
Paradise Valley
The writers dont have shyt to do with the directors or the cinematographers.......:russ:

you dont know shyt, clearly. :heh:

And that scene wasn't about Ramsay...it wasnt even really about Sansa...that scene was about THEON. After all that has happened to him you could tell that this was just as if not more traumatic to him than the things that happened to him. It was written and directed clearly...who was the last person we saw? Theon. Theon represents the viewer of the show and the viewer as it pertains to Sansa in particular. Just standing there, watching, helpless, powerless to do anything to Ramsay or any of the diabolical men that get their way in this show.

Terrible things happen in this show, but this was one of the most helpless scenes in the series.

Do you watch Game of Thrones or do you just skim through it? :dahell:

get this peon outa here breh :camby:

Ramsey Snow is the second greatest character in the books next Joffery the Game of Thrones writers are not doing him justice they made him too predictable.

The writers suck and the season is only going to get worse but you're a dikk rider so you probably think everything they do is golden.

:heh:

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the only dude who could go wit for wit, plot for plot with little finger...but yo, is this dude even looking for tyrion? how they aint dropped back in on him so we can know how he feels about the disappearance of his homie?

The show is struggling from no Varys. It's gota mean that when he does come back it'll be with a bang.