Official Game of Thrones Season 5 Thread (No books/leaks spoilers; spoiler tags not allowed)

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
What Stannis said was true, it was Ned's honor that got him killed. Also, he wasn't trying to shyt on Ned, he was just trying to get John Snow to have the Nights Watch fight for him. It was the fact that John is Ned's son that Stannis treated John Snow with respect in the first place.

That's kind of fukked up too. Stannis already knows the Nights Watch should be neutral and a brother in the Night's Watch is in it for life Getting Jon Snow to go against those rules is making him dishonorable.

Daps
That's kind of fukked up too. Stannis already knows the Nights Watch should be neutral and a brother in the Night's Watch is in it for life Getting Jon Snow to go against those rules is making him dishonorable.

Man Stannis wants the throne by any means necessary. He burned men alive simply because they refused to throw away the idols of the gods they worshipped their entire lives...you Think he gives a shyt about making Jon Snow dishonorable? :heh:

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps

Stannis feels like the fight for that Iron throne and paying back that disrespect from the Lannisters is more important than some dudes on the wall. Nobody takes the nights watch that seriously, because they haven't seen the white walkers or the army of the dead. Stannis probably figures, well they're just fukkin around with the wildings, they might as well fight for me.
:francis:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Man Stannis wants the throne by any means necessary. He burned men alive simply because they refused to throw away the idols of the gods they worshipped their entire lives...you Think he gives a shyt about making Jon Snow dishonorable? :heh:

:russ: Breh, you think I don't know that? I hate that dude. He wants the throne because he wants to save the world, doing all kinds of fukked up shyt to get it. :royalcamby::

Ned's death can be blamed on him as well. He should have told Jon how he ran away from KL and just chilled in Dragonstone while Ned was getting fukked over. fukk him.

John Mayer

In your atmosphere
Daps
Reppin
Paradise Valley
Yeah, that had me :dwillhuh: unless Stannis has a different definition of honor.

But then Stannis was probably jealous of Ned's relationship with Robert and doesn't like him much which may be why he shyts on him like that.

But these broads probably enjoyed it when Theon was getting that torture marathon and got his dikk cut off. Lots of males, good and bad, died or got maimed horribly in this show but they can't take a broad getting raped :smh:

The problem is that the rape scene added no value to the overall narrative.

John Mayer

In your atmosphere
Daps
Reppin
Paradise Valley
a "woman" dapping this comment @Arianne Martell:snoop:
Yeah, that had me :dwillhuh: unless Stannis has a different definition of honor.

But then Stannis was probably jealous of Ned's relationship with Robert and doesn't like him much which may be why he shyts on him like that.

But these broads probably enjoyed it when Theon was getting that torture marathon and got his dikk cut off. Lots of males, good and bad, died or got maimed horribly in this show but they can't take a broad getting raped :smh:

John Mayer

In your atmosphere
Daps
Reppin
Paradise Valley
She dapped it because she knows what I'm talking about. Doesn't add to overall narrative? :rudy: The same thing (in fact more extreme) happened to a different girl in the books. They just replaced her with Sansa.

Yeah the same thing happen to a different girl see the word you used "different" as not really relevant to do this the Sansa is bad writing at it's finest. The writers have these rape fantasies and violent revenge scenarios that they try to disguise as female-empowerment they tried to show us that Sansa was this a strong woman who will go back to Winterfell to claim it and who wouldn't be intimidated by Ramsey's girl and thenthey have her raped it's classic shock jock misogyny. For some time now,Game of Thrones episodes have followed a familiar pattern: Large swaths of episode are eaten up by the infinitesimal advancement of various plot lines, many of which are deeply boring, and those scenes are then offset by the inclusion of some Cool shyt. Usually, this Cool shyt takes the form of a sword fight, or a dragon cameo, or a Sam shivving a White Walker. Last night’s episode seemed to be following that pattern Arya walked through a door! Cersei had some conversations! Tyrion got sidetracked! but instead of a dragon, we got a rape. This was an episode that said, “Sorry for making you sit through 55 minutes of nothing really happening, but here, enjoy this rape!”

JetLife

/ SOHH /
Daps
Reppin
Golden State
The Dorne scene was a huge letdown ... Jaime and Bronn just gonna roll up into a castle that easily? After OG Oberyn set the bar high for expectations, it looks like all the money for the scenes was spent on outfits.

Probably the worst fight scene with the best potential? I mean Jaime, Bronn Bronn, and the supposedly fearsome SandSnakes and they give us this ... da hell girl on the right doing?

UPcmC7b.gif

8a4c0947bfb80108f84174b85d0fb4ee.gif

:mjlol:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
a "woman" dapping this comment @Arianne Martell:snoop:
im a woman and I feel the same...I don't understand how you're outraged at a FICTIONAL show that depicts one of the most brutal eras in human history. It's one thing if a show was making a joke of rape or glorifying it/a rapist, but I mean, she was forced to fukk her husband who doesn't love her, not beyond the scope of the show and very expected. This show has dealt with rape before, so it's not uncharted territory

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Yeah the same thing happen to a different girl see the word you used "different" as not really relevant to do this the Sansa is bad writing at it's finest. The writers have these rape fantasies and violent revenge scenarios that they try to disguise as female-empowerment they tried to show us that Sansa was this a strong woman who will go back to Winterfell to claim it and who wouldn't be intimidated by Ramsey's girl and thenthey have her raped it's classic shock jock misogyny. For some time now,Game of Thrones episodes have followed a familiar pattern: Large swaths of episode are eaten up by the infinitesimal advancement of various plot lines, many of which are deeply boring, and those scenes are then offset by the inclusion of some Cool shyt. Usually, this Cool shyt takes the form of a sword fight, or a dragon cameo, or a Sam shivving a White Walker. Last night’s episode seemed to be following that pattern Arya walked through a door! Cersei had some conversations! Tyrion got sidetracked! but instead of a dragon, we got a rape. This was an episode that said, “Sorry for making you sit through 55 minutes of nothing really happening, but here, enjoy this rape!”

This post is a crock of shyt. Rape in a context of power, historically happened all the time (not saying ANYTHING about it is redeeming because it isnt.)

Rome and its empire would not have began had it not had been for the rape of the sabines. The Boltons are a shyt family, Ramsay himself is a product of a rape. His twistedness is in his blood, also something HAD to give in order for Theon to act. I think seeing Sansa being raped is that thing. Having a woman be raped in a fictional show isn't misogyny. Terrible, oh yeah. But through Europe (which Westeros is based off of) rape after a siege or sack was common place. And its not like Ramsay hasnt been set up as a shyt individual from day one...we all saw this coming from the moment Littlefinger said she was to marry him.
Even Cersei said it in the "Blackwater" episode.

"If the city falls these fine women, should be in for a bit of a rape."

This is a reality that these women, particularly noble women, had to think about in this reality even more so during times of war. To NOT include it would be both juvenile it would insult the viewer I think. I honestly think they made a good call in not going full blast on the visuals or in the book version of what happened. But you are (I hope) an adult and you should know that rape, murder, slavery, human trafficking, and all the other horrid shyt in this show exists in the real world. And if you want your fictional, rough world to feel immersive in ANY way...unfortunately these things have to happen.

And you clearly don't understand tv writing when you get 10 weeks to flesh out a story, every episode ISNT supposed to have huge set pieces. This is a classic bridge episode where things happen to set up bigger decisions. It sounds like you just dont like the show, so stop watching. Go watch a program more episodic like the Simpsons.

I still find it funny that people bug out on this show about this rape and that Jaime/Cersei scene from last season, but are perfectly ok with a pregnant woman being stabbed to death IN THE STOMACH, or man's head being crushed till it explodes.

:stopitslime:

John Mayer

In your atmosphere
Daps
Reppin
Paradise Valley
im a woman and I feel the same...I don't understand how you're outraged at a FICTIONAL show that depicts one of the most brutal eras in human history. It's one thing if a show was making a joke of rape or glorifying it/a rapist, but I mean, she was forced to fukk her husband who doesn't love her, not beyond the scope of the show and very expected. This show has dealt with rape before, so it's not uncharted territory

Exodus was fiction too and people made quite the fuss over it. :sas1: