Official Game of Thrones Season 5 Thread (No books/leaks spoilers; spoiler tags not allowed)

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
its because theyre arent following the book anymore and making things up for the show. they ran out of book material this season. everyone is in uncharted terrortory. there are no more spoiliers

The Jamie story line is borrowed from another character I believe. Plus...they are going to eventually hit all of the plot points that the book will. They are just going about it in a slightly different way.

I'm not sure if Selmy survives or not. Honestly I don't trust the previews at all. But if he does I can't imagine that he's going to have any major impact in the next book.

From what I hear though the book readers are :scust: because Selmy should have been a great character but he's pretty much :flabbynsick: in the series when it comes to showing off his skills.

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
good points, but u have to consider where that real food is going. the tyrells and lannisters are not giving it away. the problem was that there wasnt even any food to sell. now they can continue to restock the markets, but the poor will only get scraps and slop from anybody. but what they get from the sparrows is also spiritual nourishment. it isnt only the poor joining them either, look at lancel. lancel is kevan lannister's heir and a knight and he has forsaken all his claims to land and riches to fight for the faith. he is not the only knight to do that even tho the show hasnt done a good job of illustrating that.

people back then were very religious in general(think back to davos' dialogue about stannis forsaking the 7 and burning those statues). maybe they didnt go to church all the time or at all, but if suddenly u have a bunch of armed christian rebels in your town that were legitimized by the queen herself, u gonna remember your "our fathers" real quick. u also might join them if u dont want to get run over by that train.

the answer to the riddle is yea, power resides where people believe. but its an illusion as well. right now, the faith inside of kings landing is growing and growing. cersei fukked up big time by legitimizing them and not nipping it in the bud. in no time, their power will grow beyond anything they can control considering the fact that tywin is dead. its gonna be interesting in kings landing.

In short, Cersei's a dumb bytch :russ:

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
Jon made the right play too by not taking the Lordship of Winterfell and the Stark name. You know Stannis would've hung that over his head for life, plus nobody in the kingdom fukks with that dude. He'd have rebellions left and right because he has no fukking idea how to politic whatsoever.