Official Game of Thrones Season 5 Thread (No books/leaks spoilers; spoiler tags not allowed)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
random thoughts:
did the Khaleesi's right hand woman who used to translate for her and shyt (the one that Big Worm was simping) get the bushes?
she was in a few eps this season already..it probably conflicted with her filming furious 7 or something

it's not like she gets much screen time she just stands in the background lookin pretty

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Jon made the right play too by not taking the Lordship of Winterfell and the Stark name. You know Stannis would've hung that over his head for life, plus nobody in the kingdom fukks with that dude. He'd have rebellions left and right because he has no fukking idea how to politic whatsoever.
I actually like Stannis because he is a no bullshyt kind of guy beside eddard stark,who else has any kind of moral code and honor besides Stannis?

If you don't bend the knee, the knee will be broken

:banderas:

Gotta be one of the best quotes on the show

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I love this season so far.I don't know what the hell some of you are talking about.Some of those earlier seasons had me going to sleep at times.They are hitting on all cylinders now imo.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
All these posts and not one mention of the Littlefinger/Sansa scene in the crypts talking about the Tournament at Harrenhal

Gems being dropped left and right. Backstory and mythology that has been mostly left out of the show.

Go back and rewatch if you aint already up in the game

Rhaegar getting namedropped all over this episode tonight

@horse. kills favorite episode to date :lolbron:

I talked about it in the book thread....low key one of the most important events in Westerosi history for what came after it. :wow:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Tommen getting checked by the Jehovas witness :snoop: Made me miss Joffery. I was like...NO WAY would Joffery allow that shyt...

I hope Jaime starts using his hand like a dagger and he becomes ill at parring sword attacks...Cause he looking mad
23gy0lu.png
with the sword play, I need him to get his confidence back ASAP..

I think my nikka Terry Funk is gonna get handled by those Sand Snake bytches...Them hoes all got different weapons and it sounds like the Red Viper taught them how to scrap.

nicolascageconfusedemotions.gif

nefarious

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
good points, but u have to consider where that real food is going. the tyrells and lannisters are not giving it away. the problem was that there wasnt even any food to sell. now they can continue to restock the markets, but the poor will only get scraps and slop from anybody. but what they get from the sparrows is also spiritual nourishment. it isnt only the poor joining them either, look at lancel. lancel is kevan lannister's heir and a knight and he has forsaken all his claims to land and riches to fight for the faith. he is not the only knight to do that even tho the show hasnt done a good job of illustrating that.

people back then were very religious in general(think back to davos' dialogue about stannis forsaking the 7 and burning those statues). maybe they didnt go to church all the time or at all, but if suddenly u have a bunch of armed christian rebels in your town that were legitimized by the queen herself, u gonna remember your "our fathers" real quick. u also might join them if u dont want to get run over by that train.

the answer to the riddle is yea, power resides where people believe. but its an illusion as well. right now, the faith inside of kings landing is growing and growing. cersei fukked up big time by legitimizing them and not nipping it in the bud. in no time, their power will grow beyond anything they can control considering the fact that tywin is dead. its gonna be interesting in kings landing.

you know this shyt didn't really happen, right breh? it's fiction.

:sas2:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
:russ: i know breh but its loosely based on medieval times. the faith of the 7 = christianity. high septon = pope. high sparrow = fanatical church reformer like martin luther or whoever.

And the Red Faith is analogous to Islam. A "new" faith who's followers STRICTLY follow its tenants, garb that makes them instantly recognizable and has practices total foreign to the west. Remember even during the dark ages there were Saracen merchants and traders.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Is Baelish on his way back to Kings Landing to die? :mjcry:

If so, is he aware of the intent?

Of course Khaleesi gotta hit the rock bottom of stupidity in order for her to wake up. Now, hopefully this turn of events will make her get her daddy's mean streak that's in her blood. :demonic:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
And the Red Faith is analogous to Islam. A "new" faith who's followers STRICTLY follow its tenants, garb that makes them instantly recognizable and has practices total foreign to the west. Remember even during the dark ages there were Saracen merchants and traders.

The old Gods would be pagan I guess right? Or old native american nature based faiths maybe

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
cersei:snoop: she always thinks she's making power moves, but actually, it's the complete opposite. every time she starts scheming, she sets events in motion that are beyond her control and come back to blow up in her face.

Textbook definition of someone who thinks they're smarter than they actually are. How can she not see the downsides of arming religious fanatics who don't answer to the crown? :snoop:

And then there's Lancel, who's really about that life now. Which means the one of the only two people besides herself who knows first hand how she gets down when it comes to incest and the truth behind Robert's death is a born-again zealot.

So how long before he drops the dime on her and the High Sparrow decides to show Cersei that he really meant it when he said "all sinners are equal in the eyes of the gods"? :troll::sas2: