Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Tywin is definitely a villain. Like I said he orchestrated the Red Wedding, which he can't even take credit for because it's so foul. Also he allowed Cersei to place Joffrey on the throne, knowing damn well they had no claim to it. Then say idly by while Joffrey spazzed the fukk out for 4 seasons. Then imprisoned/sentenced to death Tyrion, knowing damn well he had nothing to do with Joffrey's death.

And that family shyt holds no water. That's like saying Walter White isn't a villain because he was just trying to provide for his family....or Tony Soprano wasn't a villain because he used mob money to put Meadow in college. They're all villains, just not the stereotypical, twirl-their-mustache variety.

Fred.

I'm just saying Tywin isn't the type that starts shyt for no reason like Littlefinger.

I read a post somewhere that said Tywin doesn't start wars, he ends them. Tywin's intro to the story is when Catelyn Stark commits the first open act of aggression against House Lannister by kidnapping Tyrion with no damn proof :mjlol: Dude was just chilling and wasn't even a part of the KL court fukkery.

Also not letting Cersei place Joffrey on the throne or working against the sadistic fukk may as well have been House Lannister suicide. Not like there was any other options to throne but Stannis....

Littlefinger isn't chaotic, the man knows what he's doing. He comes across as chaotic because he needs to shake things up in order to be able to ascend, because he's low-born and in the strict hierarchical structure of succession he'd never even be a player in the game. But with the world in disarray, he can prey on the weak, take advantage of his connections and thus elevate himself by cutting down the ones born into power.:demonic: It's also part of his strategy to never let people know what he wants, so he can confuse his enemies and get the upper hand :demonic:

I'm not sure what you mean by a character not being chaotic when their machinations has caused biggest chaos in series. :dwillhuh: You must be talking about Varys. The amount of bodies that drop during the War of the Five Kings you could blame on Littlefinger. His ambition to ascend and his care for no one else proves he's a megalomaniac. Nah... He's a bigger villain than Tywin.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
IU0AZOp.jpg
:russ:

If you told me this were a childhood pic of Ladeau in True Detectives, I would 110% believe you

no.

girls just wanna have funds
Daps
Reppin
BRASIL
I'm just saying Tywin isn't the type that starts shyt for no reason like Littlefinger.

I read a post somewhere that said Tywin doesn't start wars, he ends them. Tywin's intro to the story is when Catelyn Stark commits the first open act of aggression against House Lannister by kidnapping Tyrion with no damn proof :mjlol: Dude was just chilling and wasn't even a part of the KL court fukkery.

Also not letting Cersei place Joffrey on the throne or working against the sadistic fukk may as well have been House Lannister suicide. Not like there was any other options to throne but Stannis....

I'm not sure what you mean by a character not being chaotic when their machinations has caused biggest chaos in series. :dwillhuh: You must be talking about Varys. The amount of bodies that drop during the War of the Five Kings you could blame on Littlefinger. His ambition to ascend and his care for no one else proves he's a megalomaniac. Nah... He's a bigger villain than Tywin.

How so? They're both out there to win the game of thrones. The difference is that Tywin is already a Lord. His grandchild is already gonna be king. That's why he seeks to conserve the system and preserve his position & his legacy. He's trying to keep the status quo. Why would he start shyt for no reason? Things are fine for him.

Littlefinger on the other hand is low-born. He has to take power. He has to kill Jon Arryn to take over. That generates chaos, but he hasn't a chaotic personality. He doesn't just want to see the world burn, he's a man with a plan & a purpose. And even if Littlefinger hadn't killed Arryn when he did, do you think the Lannisters would just sit there and take it when Jon Arryn accused Joffrey & the others of being b*stards? Tywin would have gone to war all the same. The only difference is that the Starks & Baratheons & Arryns would have been able to put up a solidified front against the Lannisters.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
shyt he had this great plan and everything but how did he know that Robert was going to die to get this thing in motion

:stopitslime:

It's called seizing the opportunity friend

Don't know if this was posted yet.

@GQMagazine: Why @GameOfThrones is secretly the most moral show since The Brady Bunch: Why Game of Thrones Is Secretly the Most Moral Show Since The Brady Bunch: The Q: GQ

I hate to always ask this, but you book readers are my spyware. Is this a spoiler free link? Rep will be given.

Last edited:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yeah i don't get all the fukking bellyaching over Oberyln dying...dude was a tangential character AT BEST...the lord of a house, that while technically is billed as one of the great houses of westeros, has barely been acknowledged on the show at all..the only plot point I can actually remember them being involved in before this season is cersi's daughter (a most minor of character in her own right) being betrothed and sent off to them...Oberlyn randomly shows up the beginning of this season, has like half a dozen scenes of note, expresses that he's there for revenge for some wrong that happened years before the events of the series, volunteers to fight a murderous giant and is predicted to lose by EVERYONE...actually dies like 7 episodes after his debut...and muh'fukkas are whining and crying like they killed Danerys in a throwaway episode...characters like Oberyln were created to be killed off

I'm late to this argument. But the reason everyone loved Oberyn is because he was the charismatic Anti-Lannister character that everyone so desperately wanted. Yes that's a direct shot at StannisStans.

Most cats, whether they want to admit it or not, love the Starks. Oberyn's character, in seeking revenge, not only upholds his families honor, but provides a sense of justice for Robb's death.

Homosexual tendencies aside, Maybach O seemed like a chill dude. Notice how he got along with Tyrion from the jump.