Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:beli:
You're seriously gonna sit there and act like there isn't a vastly disproportionate number of "good", morally just, righteous characters dying vs evil ones. Seriously? :comeon:

Talking about rapists and slave masters....those people are extras. Nobody can even name or remember half those people, they're irrelevant. To put it into perspective it took 4 seasons for the Lannisters to catch a single L, meanwhile the Starks who were painted as the protagonists in the first season couldn't keep their House together for 1 season. And have been catching Ls nonstop ever since.

And I don't even care, that's not the issue. The problem is in an attempt to subvert common tropes, G.R.R. Martin is starting to fall into more obscure ones.

Fred.

Jaime getting his sword hand chopped off doesn't register as an L???

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Jaime getting his sword hand chopped off doesn't register as an L???

Compared to Ned losing his head? Compared to Cat and Robb dying? Compared to Winterfell getting burned? Compared to the Starks being scattered to the four winds since season 1?

fukk no. The only thing that hurt was his pride. He's still a Lannister, he's still rich, in the capitol safe, and still could claim land and everything that comes with being a Lannister, if he wanted to.

Fred.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Compared to Ned losing his head? Compared to Cat and Robb dying? Compared to Winterfell getting burned? Compared to the Starks being scattered to the four winds since season 1?

fukk no. The only thing that hurt was his pride. He's still a Lannister, he's still rich, in the capitol safe, and still could claim land and everything that comes with being a Lannister, if he wanted to.

Fred.
breh jaime COMPLETELY changed as a character after that L :what: first you said the lannisters had no Ls, then when someone gives you an L they took you say "well that L isn't as bad as these ones" does that not still make it an L breh?

anything short of death doesn't count as an L to you? serious question.

if that's the case then Theon hasn't taken a single L yet :comeon:

no.

girls just wanna have funds
Daps
Reppin
BRASIL

Fred.

Nah, Jaime losing his hand was accompanied by events which overturned his whole damn world view. His redemption arc is only half-done, so now he can either fall back under Cersei's influence or grow away from it. That wasn't even a question before he lost the hand. I'm looking forward to his reunion with Brienne, if it ever happens.

And I'm of opinion the Lannisters are bound to catch some major losses before my boys the White Walkers roll in. Otherwise where's the fun? You got the Tyrells (with the whole Margaery fukkery) and the Martells (who are bound to support the Targaryens) pressing down on them, as well as the Ironborn and Stannis the Mannis. They can't hold out until the end of the series. To me, the final showdown gotta be Targaryens vs White Walkers, not Lannisters vs White Walkers. But that's just me :yeshrug:

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So GRRM just said in a interview this upcoming battle is gonna be way better then the Battle of the Blackwater :banderas:

Fat fukk needs to get off the chamber pot and start writing again. He talking about upcoming episodes, and adding books, but he's still two books behind.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Check my replies in this thread, I never dive into spoiler territory. shyt I barely post in this thread, I like seeing genuine reactions to the show
you are on the book readers list, but I told them this thread won't appear if they block you

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
breh jaime COMPLETELY changed as a character after that L :what: first you said the lannisters had no Ls, then when someone gives you an L they took you say "well that L isn't as bad as these ones" does that not still make it an L breh?

anything short of death doesn't count as an L to you? serious question.

if that's the case then Theon hasn't taken a single L yet :comeon:

He didn't completely change, he was never a terrible person. One of the first scenes with him is talking to Ned and he shows obvious remorse for his role in The Mad King's reign, and eventual death.

I'm saying in the spectrum of the show someone losing their hand....and literally nothing else....isn't an L. Compared to people losing their entire families? Their lives? Their land? Are you serious with this shyt?

And comparing Theon to Jaime is :mjlol:

Theon is basically a dog at this point. He's completely broken as a person. Jaime is chilling in the capitol mad because his sister no longer wants to fukk him. Come the fukk on with this shyt son. :camby:

Fred.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
He didn't completely change, he was never a terrible person. One of the first scenes with him is talking to Ned and he shows obvious remorse for his role in The Mad King's reign, and eventual death.

I'm saying in the spectrum of the show someone losing their hand....and literally nothing else....isn't an L. Compared to people losing their entire families? Their lives? Their land? Are you serious with this shyt?

And comparing Theon to Jaime is :mjlol:

Theon is basically a dog at this point. He's completely broken as a person. Jaime is chilling in the capitol mad because his sister no longer wants to fukk him. Come the fukk on with this shyt son. :camby:

Fred.
jaime wasn't initially a terrible person but he pushed bran out of a window? :russ: okay

so jaime wasn't broken as a person when them goons had him wearin his hand as a necklace? you forgot all them scenes he had with brienne being pathetic as shyt? :mjlol:

you completely missing the point, you didn't say "in the spectrum of the show ....etc etc." initially, you said the lannisters straight up didn't take an L and now you switchin it up , an L is an L no matter how big or small you think it is and Ser Jaime of house Lannister took an L, CLEARLY, NO DEBATING :heh:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
jaime wasn't initially a terrible person but he pushed bran out of a window? :russ: okay

so jaime wasn't broken as a person with them goons had him wearin his hand as a necklace? you forgot all them scenes he had with brienne being pathetic as shyt? :mjlol:

you completely missing the point, you didn't say "in the spectrum of the show ....etc etc." initially, you said the lannisters straight up didn't take an L and now you switchin it up , an L is an L no matter how big or small you think it is and Ser Jaime of house Lannister took an L, CLEARLY, NO DEBATING :heh:

No, initially I said they took no Ls then clarified what I meant in the next post. You're quoting the first post with no frame of reference. Go down the page a bit, from where you quoted me.

And yes....I guess if we're looking at it in old school "Disney villain" black and white morality terms then yes, he's a terrible person. But if you think all it took was his hand getting chopped off to magically put him on a redemptive arc....I don't even know what to say to that. I wouldn't even watch this show if the writing was that blatant and corny.

Anything he said or felt in any scene after losing his hand, he'd already been feeling for years. I spoke on this way earlier in the thread, too.

Fred.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
No, initially I said they took no Ls then clarified what I meant in the next post. You're quoting the first post with no frame of reference. Go down the page a bit, from where you quoted me.

And yes....I guess if we're looking at it in old school "Disney villain" black and white morality terms then yes, he's a terrible person. But if you think all it took was his hand getting chopped off to magically put him on a redemptive arc....I don't even know what to say to that. I wouldn't even watch this show if the writing was that blatant and corny.

Anything he said or felt in any scene after losing his hand, he'd already been feeling for years. I spoke on this way earlier in the thread, too.

Fred.
aight i can see this shyt aint goin no where :dead: you right breh, your insight into the complexities of a character such as jaime is too much for me to comprehend :salute: