Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I wouldn't look at it this way, from what I read in interwiews GRRM is trying to move away from that narrative of ridged defined "good" and "bad" guys. I'm pretty sure as the story concludes we're going to get some :mindblown: conclusions and characters who sea saw between being "good" and "bad". I would def hold up before coming to that conclusion.

He already has done that. He's great at it. Jaime Lannister is a good example. He fukks his sister, tosses kids out windows, but as we've seen in the last 2 season he does have a sense of honor and feels bad about how people perceive him as the Kingslayer.

However, I don't know how anybody can watch the show and not classify the Lannisters as villains. Not all of them, but for the most part. They took the throne under false pretenses, they're incestuous, and the last person they put on the throne was a murderous sociopath. The Red Wedding alone solidifies them as villains, they couldn't even take credit for that it was so dishonorable.

They're just 3 dimensional villains.

Fred.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
i just finished season 2, so i'm not here to discuss, but can i say this show is maaaaaaaaaad overrated. it's definitely a show you follow simply because you want to know what happens next, i'm not impressed by any other facets (aside from costume/set design)

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
I'm like 2 episodes back and I just started season 1 about a month ago :whoo::wow:
Who you reppin?
ibgwqTIdG5llTe.png

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
He already has done that. He's great at it. Jaime Lannister is a good example. He fukks his sister, tosses kids out windows, but as we've seen in the last 2 season he does have a sense of honor and feels bad about how people perceive him as the Kingslayer.

However, I don't know how anybody can watch the show and not classify the Lannisters as villains. Not all of them, but for the most part. They took the throne under false pretenses, they're incestuous, and the last person they put on the throne was a murderous sociopath. The Red Wedding alone solidifies them as villains, they couldn't even take credit for that it was so dishonorable.

They're just 3 dimensional villains.

Fred.

I don't view Tywin as a true villain though, at least not the megalomaniac or chaotic type, I think that goes to Littlefinger instead.

Remember Tywin was a guy that everyone preferred when the Mad King wasn't mad. It's his fam fukking up or threats to his House status that makes him go :demonic:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't view Tywin as a true villain though, at least not the megalomaniac or chaotic type, I think that goes to Littlefinger instead.

Remember Tywin was a guy that everyone preferred when the Mad King wasn't mad. It's his fam fukking up or threats to his House status that makes him go :demonic:

Tywin is definitely a villain. Like I said he orchestrated the Red Wedding, which he can't even take credit for because it's so foul. Also he allowed Cersei to place Joffrey on the throne, knowing damn well they had no claim to it. Then sat idly by while Joffrey spazzed the fukk out for 4 seasons. Then imprisoned/sentenced to death Tyrion, knowing damn well he had nothing to do with Joffrey's death.

And that family shyt holds no water. That's like saying Walter White isn't a villain because he was just trying to provide for his family....or Tony Soprano wasn't a villain because he used mob money to put Meadow in college. They're all villains, just not the stereotypical, twirl-their-mustache variety.

Fred.

Last edited:

no.

girls just wanna have funds
Daps
Reppin
BRASIL

Littlefinger isn't chaotic, the man knows what he's doing. He comes across as chaotic because he needs to shake things up in order to be able to ascend, because he's low-born and in the strict hierarchical structure of succession he'd never even be a player in the game. But with the world in disarray, he can prey on the weak, take advantage of his connections and thus elevate himself by cutting down the ones born into power.:demonic: It's also part of his strategy to never let people know what he wants, so he can confuse his enemies and get the upper hand :demonic: