Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

no.

girls just wanna have funds
Daps
Reppin
BRASIL
They might deviate from it to

Hopefully they come out with a spin off about one of the characters

Too much money to make from this

If they do ever come up with a spin off, I'd want to see the story behind Rhaegar & Lyanna, plus all the crazy action of Robert's Rebellion. That or something about The Others and the First Men, showing how the wall was built, etc. Or just a spin-off of Walder Frey being Walder Frey and doing Walder Frey things, like receiving guests and shyt.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
The problem ain't the ending, it's getting to it.

He just announced today he's not sure how many books the series will run for. Keep in mind it was originally supposed to be a trilogy, but it's going on 8+ books. I dunno these showrunners like that, to assume they can carry the show with just a rough outline instead of a detailed 1000 page book he wrote. I'd prefer they do a spin off and just wait for him to finish the next book, at least.

Fred.

Either I'm going to feast brother. I don't care if the show gets there first or Martin. I'll still watch and read.

There are a lot of things the show does better and there are things the books do better, either way I'm good. The writers of the show haven't stuck to the material, dialogue and pace of the show for a lot of things, and frankly, some of it is an improvement. Therefore, I understand your worries and concerns friend but I cannot share them with you. I wouldn't be surprised if both mediums have different endings.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
so much piff on the way, thats wat im talmbout :ohlawd:
plenty of piff breh :ahh: i can understand why alot of these dudes feel broken after havin Oberyn snatched away from them like that, but some of these nikkas havin straight up meltdowns :heh: shyt is worse than when ned died :wow:
The problem ain't the ending, it's getting to it.

He just announced today he's not sure how many books the series will run for. Keep in mind it was originally supposed to be a trilogy, but it's going on 8+ books. I dunno these showrunners like that, to assume they can carry the show with just a rough outline instead of a detailed 1000 page book he wrote. I'd prefer they do a spin off and just wait for him to finish the next book, at least.

Fred.

true but take into account there are a LOT of characters and events that were left out of the show that he still has to write about/wrap up in the books, and i mean i lot of em breh :whew: hundreds possibly thousands worth of pages dedicated to people you're never gonna see on tv, with that said i highly doubt it goes over 8, he planned to end it in 7 but there's just enough spill over that would suggest an 8th to wrap everything together nicely

imo the showrunners are doing a good job of combining and leaving out certain characters/events without leaving any plotholes :ehh: i guarantee if they put everything in the show yall woulda gave up on it cuz i almost did when i was readin that shyt :smhcraig: salute those showrunners cuz they on top of they shyt right now :salute:

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Isn't it 8?

1 season per book, but book 3 was split into 2 seasons.
I have no idea breh but I read that they were gonna start blending the material

This season is suppose to have stuff that's not in the books and next season is suppose to be the last book released plus material from the next book that hasn't been released yet

Some book readers on Facebook are saying a couple storylines have already caught up with the books so were definitely getting new material next season

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
If they do ever come up with a spin off, I'd want to see the story behind Rhaegar & Lyanna, plus all the crazy action of Robert's Rebellion. That or something about The Others and the First Men, showing how the wall was built, etc. Or just a spin-off of Walder Frey being Walder Frey and doing Walder Frey things, like receiving guests and shyt.
There is so much shyt they could do

:banderas:

Too bad Grrm is :flabbynsick: And writes slow as shyt

I'm sure he could do a book just on Roberts rebellion

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Martin just said today 7 ain't enough. :mjlol:

That's what I'm saying though, he has no idea how many books there will be, either.

Fred.

What I was saying earlier is that I think the main premise of the story has been there since 1996 and could have been wrapped in 3 books. He went on the Tolkien tip and started expanding it. One thing about Martin that I do like as as a writer is his massive undertaking of talking about little details of the society, history and houses. It adds to the overall myth but it may have no bearing on the main story, just like Tolkien. Who knows?

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
One thing we can agree on is that they have plenty of movie material.

Age of Heroes
Aegon the Conqueror
Roberts Rebellion

All three of those could be trilogies like LOTR

:feedme:
i swear the Rebellion would be the piffiest movie ever :banderas: so many legendary show downs were poppin off simultaneously i know that shyt would be bananas

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
sometimes honor and doing the right thing dont include honesty. if ned was anything like stannis, he wouldnt have the loyalty of his bannermen who rode out for him before and rode out for his son.

stannisned - "the umbers are no more than wildlings on the right side of the wall who dont believe in bathing. id be a fool to let them command my vanguard"

stannisned - "the crannogmen are no more than swamp midgets who fight with poison needles and other dirty tactics. they have no honor and are not worthy of controlling the neck"

stannisned - "of course i will be your hand robert. should have been me from the get go. in fact i should have been king since i was the first one in the throne room and you are more equipped for winning the throne than keeping it you buffoon"

stannisned - "your a b*stard jon. you may have my blood, but u dont have my name. go to the wall with the other b*stards and try to make your own honor, i wont have you besmirch mine anymore than i already did by laying with your whore of a mother"

:laff: If Ned was like this than the Boltons wouldn't have had to wait for Ned to die before taking over the North.

I commend Stannis for not sugar coating shyt but man he doesn't have to speak his mind like that. Showing just a little tact could go a long way.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh, instead of looking at "numbers lost" look at "Ls collected". And the two ends of the spectrum are the Lannisters, with virtually none, and the Starks, with more than we can count. One is seen as the protagonists, one is the antagonists. I don't mean in terms of their importance to the story, I mean their relation to each other.

Also don't look at numbers, look at who died. The Lannisters would have to lose Tywin for it to be equal to losing Ned....they'd have to lose Cersei for it to be equal to Catlyn....and even if it happened, that's 4 seasons that passed in the mean time.

As far as "the story isn't over"....I agree but this show has no idea how many season it will run for, and G.R.R. Martin could die before the books are done. So I'm looking at what we have right now. An article was just released today, saying the show will most likely run out of book material long before Martin is done, so that's an issue as well:

‘Game Of Thrones’ Can’t Wait For George R.R. Martin Anymore : MTV Proto

Fred.

I wouldn't look at it this way, from what I read in interwiews GRRM is trying to move away from that narrative of ridged defined "good" and "bad" guys. I'm pretty sure as the story concludes we're going to get some :mindblown: conclusions and characters who sea saw between being "good" and "bad". I would def hold up before coming to that conclusion.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One thing we can agree on is that they have plenty of movie material.

Age of Heroes
Aegon the Conqueror
Roberts Rebellion

All three of those could be trilogies like LOTR

:feedme:

This would be :banderas:, not to mention the possible stories involving the Valyria vs Ghis, and the battle with the Children before signing the Pact.:banderas:

Would HBO have the rights for any films?

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
This would be :banderas:, not to mention the possible stories involving the Valyria vs Ghis, and the battle with the Children before signing the Pact.:banderas:

Would HBO have the rights for any films?

Time Warner and Warner Bros right? They own HBO.

Only movies I can think of from HBO is Sex and the City flicks.