Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

raff

Rookie
Daps
mj-laughing.gif

c640x360_2.jpg

article-0-0E04B7D400000578-941_306x345.jpg

and also :beli:
soldier-with-eye-patch.jpg
for doubting the Iron Born Adam.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
:beli:
You're seriously gonna sit there and act like there isn't a vastly disproportionate number of "good", morally just, righteous characters dying vs evil ones. Seriously? :comeon:

Talking about rapists and slave masters....those people are extras. Nobody can even name or remember half those people, they're irrelevant. To put it into perspective it took 4 seasons for the Lannisters to catch a single L
, meanwhile the Starks who were painted as the protagonists in the first season couldn't keep their House together for 1 season. And have been catching Ls nonstop ever since.

And I don't even care, that's not the issue. The problem is in an attempt to subvert common tropes, G.R.R. Martin is starting to fall into more obscure ones.

Fred.
we gon write off Jaime being tortured off? i get what you sayin but in reality the startks only lost 3 people :manny: Lannisters lost 1 and the other is basically useless without his sword hand, but they're IN king's landing so the chances of them losing people were slim anyway, Stannis damn near lost his entire army, all he got is the Red Witch, Daavos, Shireen, and his wife and none of them are important enough to where their deaths would mean anything right now :manny: yall in the middle of the story right now, even though i kind of view it the same as you im not really gonna go hard at GRRM until we get closer to the end of the series cuz right now,

starks got 5 remaining family members if you count Jon
lannisters got 5 remaining
stannis got 5 left in his set too

lookin at it like that, it aint as lopsided as you think breh :yeshrug: starks just started off with more people on their team so it seems like that

• Dap
Reactions: hex

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
This is funny cause when I checked the thread the other day I saw 3 shaky ass posts from you

I could've sworn you were a book reader posting spoilers disguised as theories but now I'm not so sure :patrice:
im on p.141 of the first book

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
we gon write off Jaime being tortured off? i get what you sayin but in reality the startks only lost 3 people :manny: Lannisters lost 1 and the other is basically useless without his sword hand, but they're IN king's landing so the chances of them losing people were slim anyway, Stannis damn near lost his entire army, all he got is the Red Witch, Daavos, Shireen, and his wife and none of them are important enough to where their deaths would mean anything right now :manny: yall in the middle of the story right now, even though i kind of view it the same as you im not really gonna go hard at GRRM until we get closer to the end of the series cuz right now,

starks got 5 remaining family members if you count Jon
lannisters got 5 remaining
stannis got 5 left in his set too

lookin at it like that, it aint as lopsided as you think breh :yeshrug: starks just started off with more people on their team so it seems like that

Breh, instead of looking at "numbers lost" look at "Ls collected". And the two ends of the spectrum are the Lannisters, with virtually none, and the Starks, with more than we can count. One is seen as the protagonists, one is the antagonists. I don't mean in terms of their importance to the story, I mean their relation to each other.

Also don't look at numbers, look at who died. The Lannisters would have to lose Tywin for it to be equal to losing Ned....they'd have to lose Cersei for it to be equal to Catlyn....and even if it happened, that's 4 seasons that passed in the mean time.

As far as "the story isn't over"....I agree but this show has no idea how many season it will run for, and G.R.R. Martin could die before the books are done. So I'm looking at what we have right now. An article was just released today, saying the show will most likely run out of book material long before Martin is done, so that's an issue as well:

‘Game Of Thrones’ Can’t Wait For George R.R. Martin Anymore : MTV Proto

Fred.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Breh, instead of looking at "numbers lost" look at "Ls collected". And the two ends of the spectrum are the Lannisters, with virtually none, and the Starks, with more than we can count. One is seen as the protagonists, one is the antagonists. I don't mean in terms of their importance to the story, I mean their relation to each other.

Also don't look at numbers, look at who died. The Lannisters would have to lose Tywin for it to be equal to losing Ned....they'd have to lose Cersei for it to be equal to Catlyn....and even if it happened, that's 4 seasons that passed in the mean time.

As far as "the story isn't over"....I agree but this show has no idea how many season it will run for, and G.R.R. Martin could die before the books are done. So I'm looking at what we have right now. An article was just released today, saying the show will most likely run out of book material long before Martin is done, so that's an issue as well:

Fred.

The show will outpace the books, it has already begun this season.

For one, I don't care. I welcome it.

Martin has told the show runners the overall story and ending anyway so that's all that matters.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

Fred.
you forgettin that martin already told them how the story ends so just in case he dies or can't keep up they can finish it without him breh, so the "this show has no idea how many seasons it will run for" isn't correct

and yea you right it's been 4 seasons that have passed, but you actin like the series is almost over when we know for a fact he got at LEAST 2 more books to WRITE breh, and the show aint even completely caught up to where the books are at now. What's the first 4 seasons of a series that ends up being 8-9 seasons long? :manny: we still got a long way to go that's all im sayin

Sugar

Banned
Daps
you forgettin that martin already told them how the story ends so just in case he dies or can't keep up they can finish it without him breh, so the "this show has no idea how many seasons it will run for" isn't correct

and yea you right it's been 4 seasons that have passed, but you actin like the series is almost over when we know for a fact he got at LEAST 2 more books to WRITE breh, and the show aint even completely caught up to where the books are at now. What's the first 4 seasons of a series that ends up being 8-9 seasons long? :manny: we still got a long way to go that's all im sayin

so much piff on the way, thats wat im talmbout :ohlawd:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The show will outpace the books, it has already begun this season.

For one, I don't care. I welcome it.

Martin has told the show runners the overall story and ending anyway so that's all that matters.

The problem ain't the ending, it's getting to it.

He just announced today he's not sure how many books the series will run for. Keep in mind it was originally supposed to be a trilogy, but it's going on 8+ books. I dunno these showrunners like that, to assume they can carry the show with just a rough outline instead of a detailed 1000 page book he wrote. I'd prefer they do a spin off and just wait for him to finish the next book, at least.

Fred.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Can't remember where but I read somewhere the show will be 7 seasons and HBO already knows how grrm ends the story

Daps
The show opens with the 7 kingdoms headed into chaos (with Littlefinger's murder of Jon Arryn and framing of the Lannisters), of course the 'good guys' will take the most L's thus far...but who shall prevail?

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Can't remember where but I read somewhere the show will be 7 seasons and HBO already knows how grrm ends the story

Martin just said today 7 ain't enough. :mjlol:

That's what I'm saying though, he has no idea how many books there will be, either.

Fred.

raff

Rookie
Daps
You talking to a Lannister Stan.They used to Tywin having no honor and throwing his family under the bus.So Ned is like an alien to them.
You sadly got it all twisted, I think Ty Dolla is the only interesting (for me; I cast my sympathy to those who are interesting) character from the Lannister clan. The rest I don't give that major of a fukk. And you missed the point that was raised, I didn't want a character assassination for Ned
just can't see him as the Most honorable and doing it in every instance. I think thats false advertising, cause to me Ned isn't the first in anything really
other than parenting/instilling values.
He isn't the: most clever, the best swordsman, on-time guy (Stannis and Lyanna may attest), money/deal maker, free-thinker, modernizer, best educated, etc.

And I do like Ned :childplease:, but I have to see that Stannis would actually handle the situation better and would never betray his word ( conversly I hate Stannis, he's the alien to me :youngsabo:). And the best thing is that Stannis was actually salty that Robert chose Ned as the Hand, he thought that he wasn't the best (mildly put) for the position and it was confirmed empiricaly.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
They might deviate from it to

Hopefully they come out with a spin off about one of the characters

Too much money to make from this