Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I find it funny that a lot of the people celebrating Joffrey's death in episode 2 of this season are so butthurt over Oberyn's death last episode.

If GRRM only killed off the good guys, then Joffrey should have lived forever. This show kills off villains like Viserys, Joffrey, and The Mountain as well as slavemasters, rapists, evil sorcerers, child killers etc.

ALL men can die. A lot of good characters have died, but so have bad ones. To act as though bad people are immune to the fukkery going on in Westeros while good guys drop like flies is delusional.

:beli:
You're seriously gonna sit there and act like there isn't a vastly disproportionate number of "good", morally just, righteous characters dying vs evil ones. Seriously? :comeon:

Talking about rapists and slave masters....those people are extras. Nobody can even name or remember half those people, they're irrelevant. To put it into perspective it took 4 seasons for the Lannisters to catch a single L, meanwhile the Starks who were painted as the protagonists in the first season couldn't keep their House together for 1 season. And have been catching Ls nonstop ever since.

And I don't even care, that's not the issue. The problem is in an attempt to subvert common tropes, G.R.R. Martin is starting to fall into more obscure ones.

Fred.

• Dap
Reactions: Jax

LurkLurker

No f*cks available to be given
Daps
Reppin
Secret Location, Somewhere
Damn, how do they even measure the year on that planet ? By the Suns location through the sky? I don't remember reading that or hearing that.

I've always wondered that too. Especially how it relates to the ages of characters, like was Jon supposed to be 15 years old based on the way we keep track of years or 15 years old based on some Westeros formula made up around the way seasons happen?

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
I've always wondered that too. Especially how it relates to the ages of characters, like was Jon supposed to be 15 years old based on the way we keep track of years or 15 years old based on some Westeros formula made up around the way seasons happen?

I never really thought about it until right now. I know Martin has said that the seasons are based on Magic and mystical aspects as opposed to astronomical reasons

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Damn, how do they even measure the year on that planet ? By the Suns location through the sky? I don't remember reading that or hearing that.

idk, but establishing some kind of calender is important to any civilization practicing agriculture. so I assume they've figured something out

although they do have all these stories of winters that lasted 'years' :patrice:

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
idk, but establishing some kind of calender is important to any civilization practicing agriculture. so I assume they've figured something out

although they do have all these stories of winters that lasted 'years' :patrice:

Yea, see above. Martin already came out and said the seasons don't make sense because of mystical aspects. Probably a cop out.

I was reading about how early readers proposed a two star system model before Martin's comments, or the world was really a moon or satellite object.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Yea, see above. Martin already came out and said the seasons don't make sense because of mystical aspects. Probably a cop out.

I was reading about how early readers proposed a two star system model before Martin's comments, or the world was really a moon or satellite object.
I always thought of the unusually long winters as 'ice ages' or whatever

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
i blocked all the book readers in here breh

and its :blessed:
This is funny cause when I checked the thread the other day I saw 3 shaky ass posts from you

I could've sworn you were a book reader posting spoilers disguised as theories but now I'm not so sure :patrice:

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
tumblr_n6lepwocLr1rhy3two1_500.jpg
Lion King :gladbron:
Where's Scar doe? :birdman:
Reek is one of them hyenas :scusthov:

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
This is funny cause when I checked the thread the other day I saw 3 shaky ass posts from you

I could've sworn you were a book reader posting spoilers disguised as theories but now I'm not so sure :patrice:
Yeah breh I think I saw him in the book thread before, should prolly put him on ignore just to be safe

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
What's more honorable, protecting your daughter's life or telling a heated crowd of people who want to see your death that you didn't commit the crime? You think they'd believe him? His daughter's safety was most important to him and that's honorable, he'd sacrifice his reputation to a bunch of ignorant peasants to make sure his kid is safe. I dunno how you argue against that.

He also lied he gave the order to to imprison Tyrion to protect his wife. Who's more honorable the man who protects his family, or the man who snitches on them to keep his own ass safe?

It's not about politics in the north, it's about making sure justice is upheld and all the houses are taken care of. Ned also put in work in battle and is a respected swordsman.
You talking to a Lannister Stan.They used to Tywin having no honor and throwing his family under the bus.So Ned is like an alien to them.