Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
Just to clarify...Sean Bean getting cast as Ned was a bit of misdirection because he was the biggest name actor in the entire cast so his death had added shock value. So HBO did a little bit of trolling.
I don't know that I'd say his casting, but the decision to have him featured prominently on most, if not all of season 1 solicits and promotional material gave people that idea. It sure as hell did. I remember wondering if there'd even be a season 2 without a "main character"

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Yeah i don't get all the fukking bellyaching over Oberyln dying...dude was a tangential character AT BEST...the lord of a house, that while technically is billed as one of the great houses of westeros, has barely been acknowledged on the show at all..the only plot point I can actually remember them being involved in before this season is cersi's daughter (a most minor of character in her own right) being betrothed and sent off to them...Oberlyn randomly shows up the beginning of this season, has like half a dozen scenes of note, expresses that he's there for revenge for some wrong that happened years before the events of the series, volunteers to fight a murderous giant and is predicted to lose by EVERYONE...actually dies like 7 episodes after his debut...and muh'fukkas are whining and crying like they killed Danerys in a throwaway episode...characters like Oberyln were created to be killed off

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
:pachaha: :pachaha:

y0UKCRi.png
b

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I find it funny that a lot of the people celebrating Joffrey's death in episode 2 of this season are so butthurt over Oberyn's death last episode.

If GRRM only killed off the good guys, then Joffrey should have lived forever. This show kills off villains like Viserys, Joffrey, and The Mountain as well as slavemasters, rapists, evil sorcerers, child killers etc.

ALL men can die. A lot of good characters have died, but so have bad ones. To act as though bad people are immune to the fukkery going on in Westeros while good guys drop like flies is delusional.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
I find it funny that a lot of the people celebrating Joffrey's death in episode 2 of this season are so butthurt over Oberyn's death last episode.

If GRRM only killed off the good guys, then Joffrey should have lived forever. This show kills off villains like Viserys, Joffrey, and The Mountain as well as slavemasters, rapists, evil sorcerers, child killers etc.

ALL men can die. A lot of good characters have died, but so have bad ones. To act as though bad people are immune to the fukkery going on in Westeros while good guys drop like flies is delusional.

There's good and evil on both sides of every war ever fought

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
GRRM is a sick individual. I only read about 1/2 of the first book and Daenery is THIRTEEN and having sex with Drogo and he goes into graphic detail. All the characters are much much younger in the book. Jon Snow is 13 or 14, Theon is 17 and so and so on. On the show Ned Stark was in his late 40's or early 50's, but in the book he was only 35. That should give you an idea of how much younger everyone is.

What kind of dude goes into graphic details about kids having sex? That bothered me.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
GRRM is a sick individual. I only read about 1/2 of the first book and Daenery is THIRTEEN and having sex with Drogo and he goes into graphic detail. All the characters are much much younger in the book. Jon Snow is 13 or 14, Theon is 17 and so and so on. On the show Ned Stark was in his late 40's or early 50's, but in the book he was only 35. That should give you an idea of how much younger everyone is.

What kind of dude goes into graphic details about kids having sex? That bothered me.
in medieval times 35 was the average age of death, so everyone got married really early

now the graphic detail about kids having sex :huhldup:

Last edited: