Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Promo for next week's episode:

:banderas: I was right, it looks like the Battle of Castle Black is gonna take up a whole episode just like the Battle of Blackwater Bay in Season 2.

HBO finally released the promo for next week's episode on the official GoT YouTube channel & it has way better picture quality:

Last edited:

raff

Rookie
Daps
What's more honorable, protecting your daughter's life or telling a heated crowd of people who want to see your death that you didn't commit the crime? You think they'd believe him? His daughter's safety was most important to him and that's honorable, he'd sacrifice his reputation to a bunch of ignorant peasants to make sure his kid is safe. I dunno how you argue against that.

He also lied he gave the order to to imprison Tyrion to protect his wife. Who's more honorable the man who protects his family, or the man who snitches on them to keep his own ass safe?

It's not about politics in the north, it's about making sure justice is upheld and all the houses are taken care of. Ned also put in work in battle and is a respected swordsman.
So Ned is a picker-and-chooser, Stannis (even though I loathe him and like Ned) would've always spoke the harsh truth.
You're the one that said Neds the one that kept honor to the end, but he also weighed in the safety of his loved ones, thats the thing a lot of GoT characters could/would do.
About justice/law upholding - why did he flip the responsibility about reveiling the incest/kids to Cersei? Her confessing to Robert would have the same effect as Ned snitching about it behind her back. Did he want to have a squeeky clean conscience? Cersei and Jamie commited treason,
shouldn't the law be equally important like with punishing desertion from the Wall:yeshrug:?

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
So Ned is a picker-and-chooser, Stannis (even though I loathe him and like Ned) would've always spoke the harsh truth.
You're the one that said Neds the one that kept honor to the end, but he also weighed in the safety of his loved ones, thats the thing a lot of GoT characters could/would do.
About justice/law upholding - why did he flip the responsibility about reveiling the incest/kids to Cersei? Her confessing to Robert would have the same effect as Ned snitching about it behind her back. Did he want to have a squeeky clean conscience? Cersei and Jamie commited treason,
shouldn't the law be equally important like with punishing desertion from the Wall:yeshrug:?

You say picker and chooser, but I say answer my questions...

What's more honorable, protecting your daughter's life or telling a heated crowd of people who want to see your death that you didn't commit the crime? You think they'd believe him? His daughter's safety was most important to him and that's honorable, he'd sacrifice his reputation to a bunch of ignorant peasants to make sure his kid is safe. I dunno how you argue against that.

He also lied he gave the order to to imprison Tyrion to protect his wife. Who's more honorable the man who protects his family, or the man who snitches on them to keep his own ass safe?

It's not about politics in the north, it's about making sure justice is upheld and all the houses are taken care of. Ned also put in work in battle and is a respected swordsman.

Do you not have any family? Would you let them die or be punished just to keep your own ass safe? You think that's honorable?

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR

sometimes honor and doing the right thing dont include honesty. if ned was anything like stannis, he wouldnt have the loyalty of his bannermen who rode out for him before and rode out for his son.

stannisned - "the umbers are no more than wildlings on the right side of the wall who dont believe in bathing. id be a fool to let them command my vanguard"

stannisned - "the crannogmen are no more than swamp midgets who fight with poison needles and other dirty tactics. they have no honor and are not worthy of controlling the neck"

stannisned - "of course i will be your hand robert. should have been me from the get go. in fact i should have been king since i was the first one in the throne room and you are more equipped for winning the throne than keeping it you buffoon"

stannisned - "your a b*stard jon. you may have my blood, but u dont have my name. go to the wall with the other b*stards and try to make your own honor, i wont have you besmirch mine anymore than i already did by laying with your whore of a mother"

raff

Rookie
Daps
He wasn't really going to snitch on them cause he had no leverage or power to keep them himself safe or his wife, kids from retribution even after confessing. He had no control there.
As a leader to even wind up in such a predicament is fukked up and tells about his incompetence.
Now why did he go to Cersei and tell her SHE must do the right thing? That wasn't justice or honor only chivalry.
Even if she did it still probably would've meant her Jamie and the kids die.
You say picker and chooser, but I say answer my questions...

Do you not have any family? Would you let them die or be punished just to keep your own ass safe? You think that's honorable?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:lupe: I just rewatched episode 7. Did anyone notice that the music that plays during the end credits after Littlefinger pushes Lysa down the moon door is the same music that plays in the background when Littlefinger gives the "Chaos is a Ladder" speech to Varys in Season 3? I'm gonna assume that's Littlefinger's theme music.

:stopitslime: Also can we talk about how Littlefinger ain't as smart as he thinks he is? WTF was his plan when he pushed the Lady Regent of the Vale of Arryn & The Eyrie, Lysa Arryn down the moon door? Dude is lucky as fukk that Sansa all of sudden decided to quit being so damn naive & make this much-needed heel turn.

Last edited:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
:lupe: I just rewatched episode 7. Did anyone notice that the music that plays during the end credits after Littlefinger pushes Lysa down the moon door is the same music that plays in the background when Littlefinger gives the "Chaos is a Ladder" to Varys in Season 3? I'm gonna assume that's Littlefinger's theme music.

:stopitslime: Also can we talk about how Littlefinger ain't as smart as he thinks he is? WTF was his plan when pushed the Lady Regent of the Vale of Arryn & The Eyrie, Lysa Arryn down the moon door? Dude is lucky as fukk that Sansa all of sudden decided to quit being so damn naive & make this much-needed heel turn.

i think he was mostly banking on sansa not turning on him since he just saved her life. he saved her twice actually, once from kings landing cause she sure as shyt would have been on trial with tyrion(maybe not since tywin knew she was the key to the north :ohhh:) and once from lysa. so he really just hoped his risk paid off which it did.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
:lupe: I just rewatched episode 7. Did anyone notice that the music that plays during the end credits after Littlefinger pushes Lysa down the moon door is the same music that plays in the background when Littlefinger gives the "Chaos is a Ladder" to Varys in Season 3? I'm gonna assume that's Littlefinger's theme music.

:stopitslime: Also can we talk about how Littlefinger ain't as smart as he thinks he is? WTF was his plan when pushed the Lady Regent of the Vale of Arryn & The Eyrie, Lysa Arryn down the moon door? Dude is lucky as fukk that Sansa all of sudden decided to quit being so damn naive & make this much-needed heel turn.
shyt he had this great plan and everything but how did he know that Robert was going to die to get this thing in motion

:stopitslime:

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
dudes in here upset they won't see any more Oberyn culo blasting scenes :scusthov:
Eh. I get you're just being "that dude", so it's whatever. Oberyn was the GOAT half-a-homo in Westeros though. :ehh:

But that culo blaster went into the arena to face a Westeros juggernaut, with no fear.
:dead:

:what:how was he keeping it real if he created a lie that he was plotting on Roberts death? On the other hand he seemed selfish talking I'm not afraid to die, but didn't think about his family, bannermen and smallfolk; chubby Varys had to get his mind right cause Ned's pride was talking through him in that dungeon.

:why: would he respect Ned if he confessed to killing "his" pops? Joffrey is a p*ssy but I can't fault him for feeling some type of way towards Ned.

:usure:Ned was a leader? To me he was a follower all his life, he's a soldier. He doesn't have the farsightedness of a political leader, he didn't even want to take over Winterfell, he admits that Brandon Stark was better fit for the role. This nicca Ned was even so shy he didn't have it in him to ask a girl to dance :mindblown:
I get what you're saying, but I think you're looking at it very simplistically. I think to do so, is actually is the opposite of the spirit of GoT. Seems like you wanted, or at the very least feel that Ned is somewhat less honorable than Stannis because of his perceived flip flopping. I feel like Ned is more honorable than Stannis because of this though. Ned's loss wasn't in betraying that honor to save his family. It was in assuming that everyone else were playing by the same rules he was. That's where his L came from. As much as that says about naivety, says just as much as about what a shytty place Kings Landing is.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
He didn't tell her to tell him. He told her to leave with her children so she might survive whatever punishment Robert cooked up in his anger.

Cersei heard that like :skip:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I keep seeing people say no one read the books until the show. That's totally untrue. I've been reading these books since I was in Jr High, which was waaaaay before the show. I've been waiting on the end of this story for over half my life. And they've been best sellers since jump street - HBO picked this gig up in part because of the huge, guaranteed fanbase that already existed.
GRRM isn't trolling you, the show isn't trolling you, the HBO PR department isn't trolling you - it's your preconceived notions about what's supposed to happen in the story trolling you. :yeshrug:
Just to clarify...Sean Bean getting cast as Ned was a bit of misdirection because he was the biggest name actor in the entire cast so his death had added shock value. So HBO did a little bit of trolling.

Daps
:lupe: I just rewatched episode 7. Did anyone notice that the music that plays during the end credits after Littlefinger pushes Lysa down the moon door is the same music that plays in the background when Littlefinger gives the "Chaos is a Ladder" speech to Varys in Season 3? I'm gonna assume that's Littlefinger's theme music.

:stopitslime: Also can we talk about how Littlefinger ain't as smart as he thinks he is? WTF was his plan when he pushed the Lady Regent of the Vale of Arryn & The Eyrie, Lysa Arryn down the moon door? Dude is lucky as fukk that Sansa all of sudden decided to quit being so damn naive & make this much-needed heel turn.

Y'all still think Littledikk has some master plan he's following? :laff:

Lysa got thrown in the bushes (or, rather, the mountains :mjlol:) cuz she was an asset of diminishing value who's liability had come to surpass her value. First, she keeps on blabbing about how she killed her husband and blamed it on the Lannisters...Baelish had already warned her to never speak of that. Secondly, she was this close to throwing his most prized possession through the moon door. What happens the next time and he isn't around? He just spent over two seasons trying to get Sansa, he can't have this crazy bytch throwing her out the window. He had to cancel that bytch. He didn't plan on killing her that day, or in that way, but he's a 'roll with the punches' kind of guy. :yeshrug:

And how is Littledikk lucky Sansa bossed up? The naive little girl he left in King's Landing would've just backed up his story that Lysa jumped (you gotta believe he told her the story he'd tell right after throwing Lysa out) and continued to pretend being his no-name niece and he would've gotten off. Now the other Lords of the Vale know she's Sansa Stark, giving her a little more leverage.