Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

ADLT

make u feel sum type a wave
Daps
Reppin
choom gang
:whoa: Next week is the most expensive episode, episode 10 contains the most expensive scene.

:ohhh:

giphy.gif

is

my

body

ready

:lupe:

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
Breh....let's keep it real here. Nobody cared about the books until the show. So nobody had any idea who he was in relation to the books. I'm saying HBO put him front and center on all the posters, to make everyone think the entire series revolved around him, when they knew he died 9 episodes into the first season. So yeah....it was obvious misdirection.

Fred.
I was legit pissed when Ned got got. :smh:
But then :manny: the game is the game :yeshrug:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

LurkLurker

No f*cks available to be given
Daps
Reppin
Secret Location, Somewhere
:what: at "best sellers since jump street".

The first book dropped in '96 and didn't even hit the NY Times Best Seller List until '11, after the show was announced. The first book to hit the NY Best Seller List when it actually dropped, was the 4th book in the series.

The books, and the author were mostly a non-factor prior to HBO, regardless of whether or not a handful of people were checking for it.

Fred.

Fantasy was my genre breh. It was a best seller in my circles, it was winning Hugo awards, dudes were traveling to book readings and there are internet sites that don't even exist anymore that were dedicated to talking about those books. Then they started dropping on best seller lists. All before the show was even discussed. Just because the people that you interact with only know the book from the series doesn't mean there wasn't a huge fan base for the story before HBO. :manny:

I'm really fukked up on why this is even a discussion point anyway, the only reason I even brought it up is because dudes kept saying that no one even knew the series existed before the show and that is straight :trash:.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Breh....let's keep it real here. Nobody cared about the books until the show. So nobody had any idea who he was in relation to the books. I'm saying HBO put him front and center on all the posters, to make everyone think the entire series revolved around him, when they knew he died 9 episodes into the first season. So yeah....it was obvious misdirection.

Fred.

:dahell: I didn't get into GoT till this past December, but I remember there being a lot a buzz going into the 1st season back in 2011.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:dahell: I didn't get into GoT till this past December, but I remember there being a lot a buzz going into the 1st season back in 2011.

That's because people started copping the books when HBO announced the show. Again, the first book didn't hit the Best Sellers List until 2011....15 years after it was released.

Fred.

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
I barely started watching GoT binged watched all the way to the second episode of this season I'm probably gonna read the books once this season is over also

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Fantasy was my genre breh. It was a best seller in my circles, it was winning Hugo awards, dudes were traveling to book readings and there are internet sites that don't even exist anymore that were dedicated to talking about those books. Then they started dropping on best seller lists. All before the show was even discussed. Just because the people that you interact with only know the book from the series doesn't mean there wasn't a huge fan base for the story before HBO. :manny:

I'm really fukked up on why this is even a discussion point anyway, the only reason I even brought it up is because dudes kept saying that no one even knew the series existed before the show and that is straight :trash:.

You being heavy into fantasy is not an indication of how popular it was. That's like saying "I'm big into underground rap, MF Doom is a best seller in my circle". It's whatever though. :yeshrug:

Fred.

LurkLurker

No f*cks available to be given
Daps
Reppin
Secret Location, Somewhere
That's because people started copping the books when HBO announced the show. Again, the first book didn't hit the Best Sellers List until 2011....15 years after it was released.

Fred.

Breh - using your logic - why would a bunch of people start copping the books in a series no one had heard of just because HBO announced a show?

The 4th book came out in 2005 and debuted #1 on the NY Times best sellers list. That was 6 years before the show dropped and 9 years after the first book dropped. By then, the first book had been passed around in used bookstores and library sales for almost a decade, so no one needed to buy it new. This is how book series work, especially ones that have been around for almost 2 decades. There were articles all over the place talking about how HBO was taking a chance on the show because of the existing large and devoted fan base. Those numbers were based on book sales and the amount of people showing up at book events.

I don't speak French, that doesn't mean that France isn't speaking it.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
:ohhh: This also sorta ties into something I've noticed the last couple weeks. I've watched the fukk outta the various trailers that HBO released before season. Everything that happens in those trailers have already happened thorough the first 8 episodes of the season OR is gonna happen in this upcoming episode 9. Which means there is literally NO footage of the season finale in those trailers. I'm thinking the Season Finale is gonna be the biggest season finale of the series so far.
scene at 1:38, dont remember seeing it

same battle different part :49

stannis talking over it :ohhh:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
What could happen in episode 10 that's cause for the most expensive scene? :patrice:

I'm 250 pages into ADWD, so if someone has an idea that doesn't spoil anything for me...hit the reply with the tag.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Breh - using your logic - why would a bunch of people start copping the books in a series no one had heard of just because HBO announced a show?

The 4th book came out in 2005 and debuted #1 on the NY Times best sellers list. That was 6 years before the show dropped and 9 years after the first book dropped. By then, the first book had been passed around in used bookstores and library sales for almost a decade, so no one needed to buy it new. This is how book series work, especially ones that have been around for almost 2 decades. There were articles all over the place talking about how HBO was taking a chance on the show because of the existing large and devoted fan base. Those numbers were based on book sales and the amount of people showing up at book events.

I don't speak French, that doesn't mean that France isn't speaking it.

What logic can you use to explain why the first book didn't hit the Best Sellers List until after the show was announced? Nobody is going to start at the 4th or 5th book....they're going to start at book 1.

That's a coincidence? :mjlol:

And :what: at "why would a bunch of people start copping the books in a series no one had heard of just because HBO announced a show?" Gee....I dunno....so they could have a jump on the story? Which is a constant problem in these threads. You're gonna sit there and act like a fukk ton of people on this forum alone didn't start reading the series solely to spoil the show for themselves?
Like I said, it's whatever though. :yeshrug:

Fred.

• Dap
Reactions: Jax