Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The book the game of thrones didn't reach #1 on the best sellers list until after the first season came out

You are the anomaly not the standard

Book 4 debuted at Number 1 on the NY Times best seller list and that was 6 years before the show came out.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
you forgot King Robert too brah. and Drogo if he would be considered an important character.
Nah I aint forget King Robert or Drogo, I just made the mistake of adding Viserys and Renly and Oberyn to my list, none of whom are actually major characters. All them dudes are expendable and were created as nothing more than plot devices to develop other characters or shape the politics of the 7 Kingdoms

Honestly, Joffrey aint even a major character either. He was just played so amazingly well by Jack Gleason that he stole the spotlight.
HBO milked Joffrey for every ounce that that character was worth with change to spare

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
the Ironborn.

mj-laughing.gif

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
:ohhh: This also sorta ties into something I've noticed the last couple weeks. I've watched the fukk outta the various trailers that HBO released before season. Everything that happens in those trailers have already happened thorough the first 8 episodes of the season OR is gonna happen in this upcoming episode 9. Which means there is literally NO footage of the season finale in those trailers. I'm thinking the Season Finale is gonna be the biggest season finale of the series so far.
According to the director of the finale, the most expensive scene(nobody really knows what its going be) of the show will be in that episode and that its so complex (I assume its very CGI heavy) that it won't be finished until right before its gets aired.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Extended preview for next week

The budget :wow:

I would recommend not watching it because there is some shyt here that might best be left unseen until next week. But go ahead and click if you are impatient

That mammoth brehs....that shyt is just.....:wow:....no garbage ass CGI neither they put time into this shyt :wow:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
According to the director of the finale, the most expensive scene(nobody really knows what its going be) of the show will be in that episode and that its so complex (I assume its very CGI heavy) that it won't be finished until right before its gets aired.

:ohhh: I remember reading that too. What could be more expensive than a big battle that takes up a whole episode?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I keep seeing people say no one read the books until the show. That's totally untrue. I've been reading these books since I was in Jr High, which was waaaaay before the show. I've been waiting on the end of this story for over half my life. And they've been best sellers since jump street - HBO picked this gig up in part because of the huge, guaranteed fanbase that already existed.
GRRM isn't trolling you, the show isn't trolling you, the HBO PR department isn't trolling you - it's your preconceived notions about what's supposed to happen in the story trolling you. :yeshrug:

:what: at "best sellers since jump street".

The first book dropped in '96 and didn't even hit the NY Times Best Seller List until '11, after the show was announced. The first book to hit the NY Best Seller List when it actually dropped, was the 4th book in the series.

The books, and the author were mostly a non-factor prior to HBO, regardless of whether or not a handful of people were checking for it. No hate, but :wtf: at cats trying to rewrite history.

Fred.

Last edited: