Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
Brehs? What are we even arguing about? :wtf:

Characters come and go. They serve their purposes. And anyone criticising GRRM for his choice of killing off certain characters need to realize that none of this is done haphazardly. I can't think of a single death of a "main character" (whatever that means in the GoT universe) that hasn't led to something worthwhile, or had an impact. As fun as it is to joke about, I'm sure he isn't trolling us.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Robb and Oberyn were the best characters now?:comeon:

2 months ago you didnt know Oberyn existed.

Ned and Robb were "all the best characters"?:comeon:

Dudes are just grasping at straws now

You forget joffrey
Too

Yes they are the best characters because most the writing has been focused around them

Jon snow story moves at a snail s pace and he is removed from the main scene

The dragon ho is the same

If tyrion dies the show is over because he has had more involvement in scenes then anyone

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
The book the game of thrones didn't reach #1 on the best sellers list until after the first season came out

You are the anomaly not the standard
breh you do realize that that's the case for damn near ALL books that end up being tv shows and movies right?

:mjlol: you nikkas man i swear

Brehs? What are we even arguing about? :wtf:

Characters come and go. They serve their purposes. And anyone criticising GRRM for his choice of killing off certain characters need to realize that none of this is done haphazardly. I can't think of a single death of a "main character" (whatever that means in the GoT universe) that hasn't led to something worthwhile, or had an impact. As fun as it is to joke about, I'm sure he isn't trolling us.
the fact that he's shown us this multiple times with other characters and these nikkas still can't comprehend that concept is crazy

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
breh you do realize that that's the case for damn near ALL books that end up being tv shows and movies right?

:mjlol: you nikkas man i swear
Ok and?

He was acting all big and bad because he was one of the few that read the books before the tv series came out

Stay in the book thread if u have a problem

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
:snoop:

My man Ob went out like that? :why:

I was expecting him to finish up the mountain, then throw his spear between Tywins eyes :pacspit:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Ok and?

He was acting all big and bad because he was one of the few that read the books before the tv series came out

No he wasn't :mjlol:

you read that man's post and YOU took it that way, somebody said NOBODY cared about the books before the show and he just told him that it's not true, because it Iisn't breh

i dont see how you took that as him talkin down to anyone, you reached for whatever reason, if you know bookreaders who are smug about it in your personal life then that's on you, but dont act like all of em are that way :smh: cuz that makes you look just as bad

Last edited:

LurkLurker

No f*cks available to be given
Daps
Reppin
Secret Location, Somewhere
Ok and?

Saying I read the books before the show is acting all big and bad? C'mon now breh, really? :what:

I was just trying to offer my perspective. :manny:

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
No he wasn't :mjlol:

you read that man's post YOU took it that way, somebody said NOBODY cared about the books before the show and he just told him that it's not true, because it Iisn't breh

i dont see how you took that as him talkin down to anyone, you reached for whatever reason, if you know bookreaders who are smug about it in your personal life then that's on you, but dont act like all of em are that way :smh: cuz that makes you look just as bad
Still a anomaly

So :yeshrug:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
That's not the criticism at all, but you're smart enough to know that (which I why I responded to you). Don't turn what may or may not be a valid criticism on its own sake into a straw man argument. That's weak. If people can take umbrage with the seminal works of Shakespeare, Hemingway, Faulkner, Baldwin (see: Giovanni's Room), et al. or at least some facet of it -- people that are literary geniuses far, far exceeding the ability of GRRM, what then makes George fukkin' Martin of all writers above reproach? :wtf:. Not a goddamned thing. :beli:

Another thing, I know the book readers like to position themselves as the Guardians of the Galaxy or some shyt (not all, but enough); but, let's be honest about this. Most people read these books when the show started airing because they wanted to to know more or they wanted to be spoiled. I only know one person that had read these books before the show aired (@dem bath salts). Let's not pretend that we're all lifelong fans of this dude's work and it gives us some particular insight into his writing, style or how people are supposed to -- or should respond to themes presented, friends.

For instance, you can't tell people, "Don't get attached to the characters." Like, do you understand fundamentally why people continuously watch a TV show? Why they continue to read a book or watch a movie? Moreover, most of the people in this thread are sympathizers to some house (book readers included): be it Stannis, Stark, Lannister or what have you. You end up doing exactly what you tell others not to do even with your knowledge being a posteriori. Why? It goes back to what I was saying yesterday when I was talking about what underlies people's words when they say they like a show, movie, book, etc. To "like something," and not feel any attachment towards it is damn near counter-intuitive. I could further illustrate the absurdity of this idea by invoking Wittgenstein's family resemblance, reductio ad absurdum (i.e. the contradiction in that arises in language if I can say I like something, but have no attachment towards it) or Moore's paradox. I will leave it alone for now, though. [/Spolier]
I don't mind people criticizing the show, but its fukking hilarious the stuff people end up criticizing because overall the show is so good. Form attachments to characters, thats how you know the writing is so good, it makes it hurt all the more when something bad happens, the fact that it can illicit so much emotion from it's fans says a lot.

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
10321700_551216348320833_6893741022997108082_o.jpg

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
being interested in a story before it becomes a nationwide hit is an anomaly now? :leon:

let's use that logic in another setting, liking a music artist before they go mainstream makes you some type of special anomaly too? :ohhh:

damn we got a couple thousand anomalies on the coli then :wow:
Hey breh, I was reading Harry Potter books way before the movies came out. Count me as an anomaly :win: