Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

yeahisaidit

All Star
Daps
I think the main reason he has a hard time finishing the books is because he already killed off the characters he spent the most time developing and he doesn't no where to go from there and this is coming from some body who never read the books
GRRM knows the end game (as well as the producers of the show). He just has so many different projects going at once, he hasn't had the time.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Breh....let's keep it real here. Nobody cared about the books until the show. So nobody had any idea who he was in relation to the books. I'm saying HBO put him front and center on all the posters, to make everyone think the entire series revolved around him, when they knew he died 9 episodes into the first season. So yeah....it was obvious misdirection.

Fred.

Even if nobody cared about the books, that's the source material.

The Starks (first Ned, now Jon), along with Dany and Tyrion are the MAIN CHARACTERS of the series. GRRM just decided to punch you in your mouth killing the first Stark you got attached to. Then he did it again with Robb :lawdeddie: Its no way you can say Ned wasn't a main character. He's directly involved in all the major events prior to the start of the series and his death sets off damn near everything.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
He didn't volunteer for the fukk of it. He had a legitimate grievance with The Mountain/Lannister regime. I'm sorry you took my words about your dead hero to heart :to:

I'm an Oberyn fan doggie I ain't wanna see him go either. One death is enough though we don't need no more bloodshed :whoa:

you apologize like a bytch

:troll:

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
tyrion aint dying

some stupid rule will come up that we didnt know about, like someone else can volunteer to take his spot

or

he will escape somehow

:patrice:

LurkLurker

No f*cks available to be given
Daps
Reppin
Secret Location, Somewhere
Breh....let's keep it real here. Nobody cared about the books until the show. So nobody had any idea who he was in relation to the books. I'm saying HBO put him front and center on all the posters, to make everyone think the entire series revolved around him, when they knew he died 9 episodes into the first season. So yeah....it was obvious misdirection.

Fred.

I keep seeing people say no one read the books until the show. That's totally untrue. I've been reading these books since I was in Jr High, which was waaaaay before the show. I've been waiting on the end of this story for over half my life. And they've been best sellers since jump street - HBO picked this gig up in part because of the huge, guaranteed fanbase that already existed.
GRRM isn't trolling you, the show isn't trolling you, the HBO PR department isn't trolling you - it's your preconceived notions about what's supposed to happen in the story trolling you. :yeshrug:

LurkLurker

No f*cks available to be given
Daps
Reppin
Secret Location, Somewhere
People will stan anything to death

What
if romeo and juliet killed themselves halfway through the play would anyone care to read the rest

Killing main characters is all good but...

Killing off all your best characters well before the story is finished is not a good look

Especially when all the other characters havent been getting as much shine

I think the main reason he has a hard time finishing the books is because he already killed off the characters he spent the most time developing and he doesn't no where to go from there and this is coming from some body who never read the books

None of the deaths get the dame reaction as the red wedding the best villain joffrey is dead and died anti climatically

So know all the polarizing characters are gone and all the remaining characters are subplots

What if Romeo and Juliet lived, got married and rode off into the sunset because some fanboi couldn't handle losing Romeo's swag at the end of the story?

And how do you know the remaining characters are subplots? Do you have some copy of the next book in your hands that confirms who the main characters of this story are going to end up being?

Sugar

Banned
Daps
off topic, I would've loved to see a scene with Tywin and Ned. Those two got the aura of Goku and Vegeta. Scar and Mufasa. Lil Scrappy and the gawd Stevie J
lcRiRjr.png

the tension and power in that room woulda been insane

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
People will stan anything to death

What
if romeo and juliet killed themselves halfway through the play would anyone care to read the rest

Killing main characters is all good but...

Killing off all your best characters well before the story is finished is not a good look

Especially when all the other characters havent been getting as much shine

None of the deaths get the dame reaction as the red wedding the best villain joffrey is dead and died anti climatically

So know all the polarizing characters are did sone and all the remaining characters are subplots
Robb and Oberyn were the best characters now?:comeon:

2 months ago you didnt know Oberyn existed.

Ned and Robb were "all the best characters"?:comeon:

Dudes are just grasping at straws now

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I keep seeing people say no one read the books until the show. That's totally untrue. I've been reading these books since I was in Jr High, which was waaaaay before the show. I've been waiting on the end of this story for over half my life. And they've been best sellers since jump street - HBO picked this gig up in part because of the huge, guaranteed fanbase that already existed.
GRRM isn't trolling you, the show isn't trolling you, the HBO PR department isn't trolling you - it's your preconceived notions about what's supposed to happen in the story trolling you. :yeshrug:
exactly, no point in even wasting time tryna explain that to them anymore, if Oberyn dyin got them this fukked up then i feel sorry for em cuz and they might wanna stop watchin the show before even more "heartbreak" causes them to commit that :camby: he was dope character but damn these nikkas actin like the show killed the actual actor in real life or somethin :mjlol:

Robb and Oberyn were the best characters now?:comeon:

2 months ago you didnt know Oberyn existed.

Ned and Robb were "all the best characters"?:comeon:

Dudes are just grasping at straws now
:laff: im sayin, hopefully they'll be over this shyt by next week, you can tell some of these dudes are used to watchin stuff like harry potter or somethin where you know certain people have plot armor, people dyin really got them fukked up

Daps
Reppin
NULL
What if Romeo and Juliet lived, got married and rode off into the sunset because some fanboi couldn't handle losing Romeo's swag at the end of the story?

And how do you know the remaining characters are subplots? Do you have some copy of the next book in your hands that confirms who the main characters of this story are going to end up being?

Once again the stanning gets you emotional

The point was not if they did or not
But what would the story be about if they died half way in

The characters outside of tyrion that are left alive havent had the screen time or enough attention paid to them

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
The book the game of thrones didn't reach #1 on the best sellers list until after the first season came out

You are the anomaly not the standard