Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Can we get some Pedro Pascal appreciation in here? He killed that role of Oberyn. I'm convinced people are more infatuated with what he brought to the role more than the actual writing and character development. He made that shyt his own.

The-Rock-Clapping-Reaction-Gif.gif

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
Can we get some Pedro Pascal appreciation in here? He killed that role of Oberyn. I'm convinced people are more infatuated with what he brought to the role more than the actual writing and character development. He made that shyt his own.

The-Rock-Clapping-Reaction-Gif.gif
Most definitely agreed. While I dislike when people say things like "I don't think anyone else could have played that role", I will say that he thoroughly killed that role. Like you said, I think people cared just as much for him as they did the character of Oberyn. I was hurt til he posted that picture of him and the mountain chilling. I felt like I just got word that he survived or something. :laugh:

JetLife

/ SOHH /
Daps
Reppin
Golden State
Do we all agree House Bolton is a bunch of fekkets literally and figuratively?

These dudes rolling through the North unencumbered and think they REALLY doing it big. They needed a backstab move, couldn't sweep the ironborn handily, and are outchea on kid killing missions.

Whether it's the Wildlings, Whitewalkers, or StarkSet Rookie Class '14, I hope these dudes get they ass handed properly. :pacspit:

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
:comeon:

he beat the fukk out of the mountain

if anything the big bad mountain went out like a bytch, having to take a cheap shot at the end

be 8 foot and get whooped by someone who is 5'10 brehs

:mjpls: you mad, breh?

I was simply referring to him getting his head squashed up

"b-b-but you'd be screaming too"

let's hear it :sas2:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Tyrion will most likely live, because the character has been in jeopardy for half the season.

G.R.R. Martin kills people at weddings....he kills people in the last 30 seconds of a fight. He's not gonna kill a guy that spent half the season in a dungeon, facing death. Not saying it's impossible, but it would surprise me.

Fred.

You forgot about Ned already? :mjpls:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You forgot about Ned already? :mjpls:

I already explained Ned was the exception because HBO intentionally misled people into thinking he was the main character. His face was plastered all over the promotional material for the 1st season. It's a trick that only works once though.

Fred.

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
I already explained Ned was the exception because HBO intentionally misled people into thinking he was the main character. His face was plastered all over the promotional material for the 1st season. It's a trick that only works once though.

Fred.

GRRM tricked us into thinking he was the main character HBO just did what the books told 'em :yeshrug:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly

Fred.

They didn't trick you. Ned was the MAIN character in Game of Thrones (book). The Starks are the "good guys", the moral center of the story. The Starks were the first family we met, remember? The story starts with the Starks finding the direwolves. The entire book was him trying to go at Cersei and all the cutthroats in King's Landing. Ned was the main character breh. Martin chopped his head off anyway :denzellaugh:

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
:mjpls: you mad, breh?

I was simply referring to him getting his head squashed up

"b-b-but you'd be screaming too"

let's hear it :sas2:
:mjlol:

first of all u wouldnt even volunteer

second of all if u went out there u would shyt ur pants

third of all u would be dead after the first swing

:umad:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They didn't trick you. Ned was the MAIN character in Game of Thrones (book). The Starks are the "good guys", the moral center of the story. The Starks were the first family we met, remember? The story starts with the Starks finding the direwolves. The entire book was him trying to go at Cersei and all the cutthroats in King's Landing. Ned was the main character breh. Martin chopped his head off anyway :denzellaugh:

Breh....let's keep it real here. Nobody cared about the books until the show. So nobody had any idea who he was in relation to the books. I'm saying HBO put him front and center on all the posters, to make everyone think the entire series revolved around him, when they knew he died 9 episodes into the first season. So yeah....it was obvious misdirection.

Fred.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
Seeing the reaction of dude when Ned dies... :mjlol:

I try really hard to understand Ned Stark fanaticism...but I still don't see it.

Because in a world where everyone is disingenuous, evil, murdering, raping, enslaving, fukking their siblings and whatever else. Here's one dude who keeps it real right until the end, and lives his life honorably and trustworthy. Everybody had respect for Ned, well except for that evil b*stard Joff who didn't respect anyone. But anyways it's nice to see a real nikka who you feel like you can trust in Ned, who is also a leader of men and handy with the sword.

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
:mjlol:

first of all u wouldnt even volunteer

second of all if u went out there u would shyt ur pants

third of all u would be dead after the first swing

:umad:

He didn't volunteer for the fukk of it. He had a legitimate grievance with The Mountain/Lannister regime. I'm sorry you took my words about your dead hero to heart :to:

I'm an Oberyn fan doggie I ain't wanna see him go either. One death is enough though we don't need no more bloodshed :whoa:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's not the criticism at all, but you're smart enough to know that (which I why I responded to you). Don't turn what may or may not be a valid criticism on its own sake into a straw man argument. That's weak. If people can take umbrage with the seminal works of Shakespeare, Hemingway, Faulkner, Baldwin (see: Giovanni's Room), et al. or at least some facet of it -- people that are literary geniuses far, far exceeding the ability of GRRM, what then makes George fukkin' Martin of all writers above reproach? :wtf:. Not a goddamned thing. :beli:

Another thing, I know the book readers like to position themselves as the Guardians of the Galaxy or some shyt (not all, but enough); but, let's be honest about this. Most people read these books when the show started airing because they wanted to to know more or they wanted to be spoiled. I only know one person that had read these books before the show aired (@dem bath salts). Let's not pretend that we're all lifelong fans of this dude's work and it gives us some particular insight into his writing, style or how people are supposed to -- or should respond to themes presented, friends.

For instance, you can't tell people, "Don't get attached to the characters." Like, do you understand fundamentally why people continuously watch a TV show? Why they continue to read a book or watch a movie? Moreover, most of the people in this thread are sympathizers to some house (book readers included): be it Stannis, Stark, Lannister or what have you. You end up doing exactly what you tell others not to do even with your knowledge being a posteriori. Why? It goes back to what I was saying yesterday when I was talking about what underlies people's words when they say they like a show, movie, book, etc. To "like something," and not feel any attachment towards it is damn near counter-intuitive. I could further illustrate the absurdity of this idea by invoking Wittgenstein's family resemblance, reductio ad absurdum (i.e. the contradiction in that arises in language if I can say I like something, but have no attachment towards it) or Moore's paradox. I will leave it alone for now, though. [/Spolier]

People will stan anything to death

What
if romeo and juliet killed themselves halfway through the play would anyone care to read the rest

Killing main characters is all good but...

Killing off all your best characters well before the story is finished is not a good look

Especially when all the other characters havent been getting as much shine

I think the main reason he has a hard time finishing the books is because he already killed off the characters he spent the most time developing and he doesn't no where to go from there and this is coming from some body who never read the books

None of the deaths get the dame reaction as the red wedding the best villain joffrey is dead and died anti climatically

So know all the polarizing characters are gone and all the remaining characters are subplots