Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
For one that was a bar fight, Bronn didn't even want to fight, he was willing to fight cuz he was a stand up cat but he was trying to get the Hound to chill. Secondly, it wasn't 'all of a sudden' much time had passed since then. Earlier this season, Bronn was lamenting that he was getting old. So Bronn is older now and has had a taste of real wealth.... he's in position to start his own house, breh.

Lastly, the Mountain is a far more physically intimidating figure than the Hound, dude is a beast.

Yeah, Bronn explained to Tyrion why he couldn't take the chance. He's an aging sellsword, he could dance around The Mountain to wear him down and get his hits in but one mistake could have him getting the chop. Too high a risk and for little reward. I honestly don't blame Bronn for backing down. If I was Tyrion I probably wouldn't have asked lol.

Sugar

Banned
Daps
I think endgame is tyrion, jon and dany

Since ima writer myself, I'm having a hard time seeing why Tyrion is needed or what he could even be used for anymore. Seriously if he lived, what else is there to do for him? Where could his story go next? I think he's long reached his peak, by saving Kings Landing and marrying Sansa, and the only left for him is one last scene with Shay maybe. That'll be his "acceptance" perhaps. I dont see Tyrion doing anything important if he lived so I think his time may be near. Jon still has alot to live for, so I dont see him dying either but if he does, he'll go out like a true G. Jon wont abandon his brothers. He'll die like a man. That being said, Jon may be next too brehs :to:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Since ima writer myself, I'm having a hard time seeing why Tyrion is needed or what he could even be used for anymore. Seriously if he lived, what else is there to do for him? Where could his story go next? I think he's long reached his peak, by saving Kings Landing and marrying Sansa, and the only left for him is one last scene with Shay maybe. That'll be his "acceptance" perhaps. I dont see Tyrion doing anything important if he lived so I think his time may be near. Jon still has alot to live for, so I dont see him dying either but if he does, he'll go out like a true G. Jon wont abandon his brothers. He'll die like a man. That being said, Jon may be next too brehs :to:

If Tyrion survives he obviously has to leave King's Landing, because he's America's Most Wanted status at this point. So from there, his story is wide open. He could pop up in any other on-going story....imagine if he teams up with The Hound/Arya, or goes to Meereen to see Dany. :whoo:

Fred.

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset

Tyrion is going to find out where whores go..the end

:ohhh: maybe this entire series is based on him accomplishing that. Tyrion is GRRM favorite character so is not far fetched :leostare:

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

He goes to wall, reunites with Jon and provides a much needed Machiavellian yin to the honorable Stark yang. They end up facing off against Dany, who has recently allied with Sansa and Littlefinger, for control of Westeros. Dany and Jon realize they are cousins (or half brother and sister) and maybe make up but probably kill each other.

How does Jon find himself in a position to do battle with Dany? After his heroic actions defending the wall, Stannis decides Jon is his heir or whatever or somehow gives him a blessing. Stannis may even have a deathbed hint or two about Jon's parentage, I'm thinking.

:manny:

Last edited:

Sugar

Banned
Daps
He does to wall, reunites with Jon and provides a much needed Machiavellian yin to the honorable Stark yang. They end up facing off against Dany, who has recently allied with Sansa and Littlefinger, for control of Westeros. Dany and Jon realize they are cousins (or half brother and sister) and either maybe up but probably kill each other.

How does Jon find himself in a position to do battle with Dany? After his heroic actions defending the wall, Stannis decides Jon is his heir or whatever or somehow gives him a blessing. Stannis may even have a deathbed hint or two about Jon's parentage, I'm thinking.

:manny:
If he went to the wall tho, it'd be cuz of a royal pardon. Tywin ain't giving tyrion shyt since Oberyn lost so that outcome doesn't hold up. And I just don't see someone breaking Tyrion out either cuz it woulda happened by now, and it most likely woulda been Jaime, Bronn, or Pod and they all already shown that they can't risk that. If he ddid get free, nikka ain'tgoing to no wall :mjlol: Let alone adding support

If he lived, I think his narrative would stop anyway, and he'd just live out his life trying to be at peace in a some village.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If he went to the wall tho, it'd be cuz of a royal pardon. Tywin ain't giving tyrion shyt since Oberyn lost so that outcome doesn't hold up. And I just don't see someone breaking Tyrion out either cuz it woulda happened by now, and it most likely woulda been Jaime, Bronn, or Pod and they all already shown that they can't risk that. If he ddid get free, nikka ain'tgoing to no wall :mjlol: Let alone adding support

If he lived, I think his narrative would stop anyway, and he'd just live out his life trying to be at peace in a some village.

I think Jamie will renegotiate the wall deal with Tywin. Tywin cares more about legacy than justice for Joffrey; Jamie has him in a great position. This will also drive a permanent wedge between Cersei and Jamie/Tywin. Lots of interesting stuff you can do with a rogue Cersei.

If Tyrion does somehow escape he still may go to the wall for two reasons:

1. he might be safe from TyTy there
2. out of a sense of duty to put what happened between him and Shae in the past.

Sugar

Banned
Daps
I think Jamie will renegotiate the wall deal with Tywin. Tywin cares more about legacy than justice for Joffrey; Jamie has him in a great position. This will also drive a permanent wedge between Cersei and Jamie/Tywin. Lots of interesting stuff you can do with a rogue Cersei.

If Tyrion does somehow escape he still may go to the wall for two reasons:

1. he might be safe from TyTy there
2. out of a sense of duty to put what happened between him and Shae in the past.

If only Jonny Cochran the GOAT Negotiator Arryan was still alive, then Tyrion might have a chance at survival. Only he could broker a deal with Tywin :to:

Daps

Oberyn losing just means 'the gods' have found him guilty instead of the Tywin-Oberyn-Mace triumvirate (which was going to find him guilty anyway).

Why can't Tywin still stick to his deal worth Jamie?

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
Now you all are complaining that GRRM is so unpredictable that he's predictable with who he kills :laff: as if oberyns death won't have future implications

That's not the criticism at all, but you're smart enough to know that (which I why I responded to you). Don't turn what may or may not be a valid criticism on its own sake into a straw man argument. That's weak. If people can take umbrage with the seminal works of Shakespeare, Hemingway, Faulkner, Baldwin (see: Giovanni's Room), et al. or at least some facet of it -- people that are literary geniuses far, far exceeding the ability of GRRM, what then makes George fukkin' Martin of all writers above reproach? :wtf:. Not a goddamned thing. :beli:

Another thing, I know the book readers like to position themselves as the Guardians of the Galaxy or some shyt (not all, but enough); but, let's be honest about this. Most people read these books when the show started airing because they wanted to to know more or they wanted to be spoiled. I only know one person that had read these books before the show aired (@dem bath salts). Let's not pretend that we're all lifelong fans of this dude's work and it gives us some particular insight into his writing, style or how people are supposed to -- or should respond to themes presented, friends.

For instance, you can't tell people, "Don't get attached to the characters." Like, do you understand fundamentally why people continuously watch a TV show? Why they continue to read a book or watch a movie? Moreover, most of the people in this thread are sympathizers to some house (book readers included): be it Stannis, Stark, Lannister or what have you. You end up doing exactly what you tell others not to do even with your knowledge being a posteriori. Why? It goes back to what I was saying yesterday when I was talking about what underlies people's words when they say they like a show, movie, book, etc. To "like something," and not feel any attachment towards it is damn near counter-intuitive. I could further illustrate the absurdity of this idea by invoking Wittgenstein's family resemblance, reductio ad absurdum (i.e. the contradiction in that arises in language if I can say I like something, but have no attachment towards it) or Moore's paradox. I will leave it alone for now, though. [/Spolier]