Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Iamnoone

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
My thing with this Oberyn killing is that him dying wasn't a twist at all. He was going up against one of (if not the best) fighters in the world. The Mountain was a beast. An incredible specimen. Oberyn dying was hardly meant to be a twist. Odds were on The Mountain from the beginning. People were just hoping Oberyn could defy them.

The twist was how he died. That he was actually winning this fight yet lost it in the end and to then die by getting his eyes gouged out. :huhldup:

This is small, but i appreciate you actually spelling out the complete names of the character. All these corny ass nick names annoy me way more than they should. :yeshrug:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
And just to say - i'm not mad Obe caught the L. It was the best thing for the story. But it was predictable to a lot of people. I would be surprised if Tyrion died as it would be a 1-2 punch.

Oh and if Jon Snow dies like homey up above mentioned - homey should be banned for life - fukk nikka.
Suck a dikk bytch. I don't read the books. Its not a fukking spoiler.

Daps
That's exactly what I thought as I was watching the show. I even made a post about it. Lannisters fukked up

I can't see why the Tyrell's would be any more mad at the Lannisters. Oberyn volunteered to serve as Tyrion's champion. The Lannisters made him a judge and gave him a seat on the small council.

Exactly, if Cersei had any sense she would've changed the champion to a regular knight...but she wasn't thinking about the consequences as usual...Tywin should've checked that as well...but his priority is getting an heir to Casterly Rock and that can only happen with Tyrion out of the way...

Why would he need Tyrion out the way to get his heir? If they chose a lesser champion and Oberyn beat him (assuming he'd remain on as Tyrion's champion, since revenge was his motive, not saving the imp), Tyrion would live as he promised Jamie and Jamie would still have to agree to take the Rock. I guess you could argue that Jamie wouldn't need to live up to the deal if Tyrion was found guilty, but Tywin would only need to get Jamie to agree to the new terms to before changing Cersei's champion.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Its gonna be like psychological warfare here

Tyrion living is predictable

GRRM is predictably unpredictable, so Tyrion will die

But he is so predictably unpredictable that now we expect Tyrion to die just to fukk with us, so the actual unpredictable thing to do is to let Tyrion live

:mindblown: I can't keep straight what I'm supposed to predict now :mindblown:

Tyrion will most likely live, because the character has been in jeopardy for half the season.

G.R.R. Martin kills people at weddings....he kills people in the last 30 seconds of a fight. He's not gonna kill a guy that spent half the season in a dungeon, facing death. Not saying it's impossible, but it would surprise me.

Fred.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
that dude is just crazy. probably has like a hundred voices in his head talking shyt at the same time.

just to illustrate for my non-book brehs how crazy the mountain is

The Mountain is just dominating a weak era for goons, imagine how useless he'd be if those giants were South of the wall.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Tyrion will most likely live, because the character has been in jeopardy for half the season.

G.R.R. Martin kills people at weddings....he kills people in the last 30 seconds of a fight. He's not gonna kill a guy that spent half the season in a dungeon, facing death. Not saying it's impossible, but it would surprise me.

Fred.

Ned

LurkLurker

No f*cks available to be given
Daps
Reppin
Secret Location, Somewhere
My thing with this Oberyn killing is that him dying wasn't a twist at all. He was going up against one of (if not the best) fighters in the world. The Mountain was a beast. An incredible specimen. Oberyn dying was hardly meant to be a twist. Odds were on The Mountain from the beginning. People were just hoping Oberyn could defy them.

The twist was how he died. That he was actually winning this fight yet lost it in the end and to then die by getting his eyes gouged out. :huhldup:

This is it. The fukking Hound - the personal bodyguard to the King, dude that will rob your ass indiscriminately and arguably gives less fukks than anyone else in the show about killing someone - is terrified of the Mountain. The Mountain is a huge ass beast monster that has no soul or conscious at all and was gonna win the fight based on size alone.
It was Oblock swagging and flipping his spear like a pimp cane that made it so hard when he got his head popped :sadbron: not because it was supposed to be a great twist. Tyrion talked to Jamie about how he thought Oblock would lose in the scene right before the fight - the one no one was paying any attention too cuz we were all looking at the clock :lolbron:.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
and his swag won the battle for him! (Which means the Hound was wrong, and also bodes well for Syrio in these 'best swordsman' debates, but that's more of a midweek convo

Its about time I called you out for this garbage breh:lolbron:

Using Oberyn's skill as proof of Syrio's prowess gotta be the biggest reach of all time

Even trumped the "Sansa is Byrdgang" shyt that was posted

SMH on this one:russ:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Nah....the reason his death was so :ohhh: was HBO put him front and center in all the promotional material for that very reason, to fool people.

Tyrion been almost dying for like 2 seasons now, leading up to getting framed for regicide, with his arc more or less in stasis (will he or won't he be executed) for literally half the season. Him actually dying would be a huge surprise.

Fred.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
This is it. The fukking Hound - the personal bodyguard to the King, dude that will rob your ass indiscriminately and arguably gives less fukks than anyone else in the show about killing someone - is terrified of the Mountain. The Mountain is a huge ass beast monster that has no soul or conscious at all and was gonna win the fight based on size alone.
It was Oblock swagging and flipping his spear like a pimp cane that made it so hard when he got his head popped :sadbron: not because it was supposed to be a great twist. Tyrion talked to Jamie about how he thought Oblock would lose in the scene right before the fight - the one no one was paying any attention too cuz we were all looking at the clock :lolbron:.

Nah, The Hound is terrified of fire. He wasn't p*ssy to face The Mountain in season one. They were going toe to toe until King Robert told them to stop and breh nonchalantly takes a knee during combat ducking The Mountain's swing that could have scalped him.

Last edited:
Daps
Its about time I called you out for this garbage breh:lolbron:

Using Oberyn's skill as proof of Syrio's prowess gotta be the biggest reach of all time

Even trumped the "Sansa is Byrdgang" shyt that was posted

SMH on this one:russ:

I'm not using it as proof of his prowess. :snoop:

I said it bodes well for him in these debates. He clearly knows how to dance, and according to the Hound all that dancing doesn't mean a got damn thing against strength. People used the Hound's overpowering a pre-teen (who was is far from an expert dancer) to suggest that dancing abilities are no real advantage for real fighters, Oberyn just showed that was false.

It doesn't address the other issues facing Syrio's case (mainly that we don't get to really see him fight), but his dancing is def an advantage.