Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
10336679_10152519063941095_5524103271329050693_n.jpg

Sorry Jorah, you can no longer sit at the cool table

#targset

tumblr_n6liloUS0Y1r6f8cpo4_250.gif

JLaw

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So my coworker is arguing that it is physically impossible for the Mountain to knock off the Viper's teeth while laying down. and crush his skull while having his core shredded.

I tried to explain to him that the Mountain is abnormally strong...but he didn't buy it.

even for a freakishly strong guy, it's not far-fetched.

he was wearing steel gauntlets, which would hit like brass knuckles and then some.

and that wasn't just a regular punch. his left hand was holding Oberyn's head/neck perfectly rigid so his dome couldn't recoil and redirect some of the force. all the power of that punch went right to his jaw.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
Its gonna be like psychological warfare here

Tyrion living is predictable

GRRM is predictably unpredictable, so Tyrion will die

But he is so predictably unpredictable that now we expect Tyrion to die just to fukk with us, so the actual unpredictable thing to do is to let Tyrion live

:mindblown: I can't keep straight what I'm supposed to predict now :mindblown:
I think Tyrion somehow survives. Then they kill off a major character like a Jon Snow.

LurkLurker

No f*cks available to be given
Daps
Reppin
Secret Location, Somewhere
Its the dumbest criticism I have read in a while :mjlol:

shyt makes no sense. They act like GRRM is Orson Lannister out here smashing beetles with no purpose just to fukk with the readers. George never made any promises to anyone as to who the main characters are. For all we know, Jaime or Sansa are the main characters in this story (I"m dead fukking serious, we don't know shyt). But people build up these expectations for how the story should be told, and then when it doesn't go their way they say "It's getting too predictably unpredictable now"

:mjlol:

Oberyn's death was laid out both as the hero who saves the day, and as the hero who makes promises he can't fulfill. There was nothing predictable about that fight either way, and anyone who says 'I knew he would die' is confusing the word knew with the word suspected. Would they have been in here say "Holy shyt this show blows my mind, I can't believe Oberyn won the fight" if he had won? Hell no, they would be in here saying "It was obvious he was going to win"......straight on some bullshyt

They act like all these good guys are dying. Ignoring all the good guys that are still living. Yes, the bad guys continue to catch major W's. But yall do realize this is still the first act, right? Like, literally, the original plan for this story was a trilogy and the material that has been covered is still in the first intended book of the trilogy, he just got carried away with the storytelling and stretched it out.

There are still 2 acts to go. If this shyt is so predictable, then please tell me how the series is going to end and who is going to live and who is going to die, because I am fukking dying to know

In fairness, it takes a day or two to process the Thrones completely and people tend to be immediately, emotionally reactionary after the show airs. When I read Oblock die, I was immediately pissed. I questioned why I was even reading this series when nothing ever seems to turns out the way I pictured it should for anyone I liked. It's hard because GRRM fleshes out all his characters, not just the important ones. He gives background and context to everything, which makes you feel attached to even the most filler characters in the story. I hear people saying the exact same thing I said at the exact same part of the books and it's understandable. This story makes a person feel uncomfortably strange feelings and it can be a jolt to the emotional system.

Having said all that, I agree with what you are saying completely and if they're still talking that emotional shyt after the next episode, they really need to move on from the series because their delicate hearts aren't gonna be able to handle it. So far, this is a series for the Littlefingers of the world, not the Neds. Gotta look at that big picture and remember where all the pieces are sitting on the chessboard.

Edited for some random smiley that appeared for no reason at the top of this.

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
even for a freakishly strong guy, it's not far-fetched.

he was wearing steel gauntlets, which would hit like brass knuckles and then some.

and that wasn't just a regular punch. his left hand was holding Oberyn's head/neck perfectly rigid so his dome couldn't recoil and redirect some of the force. all the power of that punch went right to his jaw.

His counter argument on this part is that in order for the punch to be that strong, one has to use their hips because the arm alone does not have enough power.

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
Seeing the reaction of dude when Ned dies... :mjlol:

I try really hard to understand Ned Stark fanaticism...but I still don't see it.
I always took it be that Ned is the typical stoic, honorable fantasy character. He's easy to like. Painfully so.

So my coworker is arguing that it is physically impossible for the Mountain to knock off the Viper's teeth while laying down. and crush his skull while having his core shredded.

I tried to explain to him that the Mountain is abnormally strong...but he didn't buy it.
Those types are the worst. I mean, it's a fukking fantasy show. :mindblown:

That nikka didn't get the memo? :dead:

The Mountain stats for non-book readers:

Name: Gregor Clegane aka The Mountain That Rides aka The Mountain
Height: Approx. 8 ft.
Weight: Over 420 lbs. (Over 90% Muscle)
Notes: Certified freak of nature.

Weapon of Choice: Two-Handed Greatsword 6ft long (used single handed :merchant:)
Armor: Custom made, full body armor. Thicker and heavier than normal. Unsuitable for an ordinary warrior. :huhldup:
Notes: Consumes vast amounts of Milk of the poppy (Westeros morphine) to soothe headaches. :wtf:

And imagine a dude with those attributes in adrenaline fueled combat... :whoa:
:wow:
Insane. He truly is a monster then. I wonder what causes his headaches though. :ld:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I always took it be that Ned is the typical stoic, honorable fantasy character. He's easy to like. Painfully so.

Those types are the worst. I mean, it's a fukking fantasy show. :mindblown:

:wow:
Insane. He truly is a monster then. I wonder what causes his headaches though. :ld:

that dude is just crazy. probably has like a hundred voices in his head talking shyt at the same time.

just to illustrate for my non-book brehs how crazy the mountain is

Gregor's history is dark and filled with blood. As a twelve-year-old, he caused his brother Sandor's facial scars by holding the seven-year-old boy's face to a hot brazier as punishment for playing with a toy he had discarded. Their father spread the story that the injuries were caused by bedding that had caught fire.[7]

Four years later, Gregor was knighted by Prince Rhaegar Targaryen.[7] There were rumors that Gregor killed his father, sister, and his first two wives. His keep is said to be a grim place where servants vanish unaccountably and even the dogs are afraid to enter the halls.[2] Gregor has committed rapes and cold blooded murders beyond count but his most infamous deed came from his service to House Lannisterduring Robert's Rebellion.

Aged 17, Gregor was one of the first Lannister soldiers to enter King's Landing during its sack at the end of the war. He and Ser Amory Lorch scaled Maegor's Holdfast when the Lannister troops reached theRed Keep. Gregor entered the nursery of the infant Prince Aegon, son of Prince Rhaegar, and killed the baby present by dashing the boy's head against a wall. Then he raped and murdered Aegon's mother, Princess Elia, supposedly with the boy's blood and brains still on his hands