Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
Speak for yourselves. I Could see Obe was getting set-up to be built up - then suddenly torn down. I would've been surprised had he won - especially in an easy manor.

How it turned out... I expect Tyrion to somehow survive as Obe dying was meant to be a huge surprise. Once again - this is just me. SHould Tyrion's head end up on a spike I will be surprised and say-so.
Homey's original point stands - just because it was written by a top author doesn't mean I have to like it or how the story unfolds. It's not the Qu'ran and I can question decisions.

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
that dude is just crazy. probably has like a hundred voices in his head talking shyt at the same time.

just to illustrate for my non-book brehs how crazy the mountain is
:ld:
My respect for OBlock went up 100 fold. He went in there without a fear.

It might be his gigantism. People with acromegaly (which is also associated with gigantism) get severe headaches. Or maybe dude has a tumor. :yeshrug:
Makes sense

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
And just to say - i'm not mad Obe caught the L. It was the best thing for the story. But it was predictable to a lot of people. I would be surprised if Tyrion died as it would be a 1-2 punch.

Oh and if Jon Snow dies like homey up above mentioned - homey should be banned for life - fukk nikka.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
:ld:
My respect for OBlock went up 100 fold. He went in there without a fear.

Makes sense

when somebody fukks with your family, you dont even think about consequences. i remember my brother got jumped once and i went out there to chase like 5 dudes who were supposedly strapped with just a baseball bat :heh: dumbest thing i ever did but thankfully i didnt get shot

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Speak for yourselves. I Could see Obe was getting set-up to be built up - then suddenly torn down. I would've been surprised had he won - especially in an easy manor.

How it turned out... I expect Tyrion to somehow survive as Obe dying was meant to be a huge surprise. Once again - this is just me. SHould Tyrion's head end up on a spike I will be surprised and say-so.
Homey's original point stands - just because it was written by a top author doesn't mean I have to like it or how the story unfolds. It's not the Qu'ran and I can question decisions.
But half my point is that it wasnt meant to be a shocking twist. The clues were everywhere. The only reason it is shocking is because of personal expectations that we choose to have, heart vs brain conflicts. Its not a shock desth.

When I re-read it recently I kept saying to myself "I should have seen this coming a mile away. I was blinded by fandom"

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Jamie went from :gladbron: to :jawalrus:to :ohhh:to:merchant: to :beli:to :lupe:

:dead:

I loved how the cam took the expressions on everyone. Tywin going from :smugfavre: to :beli: to :beli: to :beli: to :smugfavre:

You can tell what Jaime is thinking. :krs: "This guy is going to save my lil bro! I like this guy!"

Looks at Tyrion :pachaha: "You're going to be fine, bro."

Looks at Tywin :lolbron: "Not going the way you like?"

Looks at arena :pachaha: "Now for the killing blow-" :why: "Man, what the fukk..."

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
But half my point is that it wasnt meant to be a shocking twist. The clues were everywhere. The only reason it is shocking is because of personal expectations that we choose to have, heart vs brain conflicts. Its not a shock desth.

When I re-read it recently I kept saying to myself "I should have seen this coming a mile away. I was blinded by fandom"
Fair enough. My brain kicked in way too early for my heart to get involved - that's why I didn't like it. It was predictable.

I never saw some of the previous seasons twists coming but I saw this one from a distance and I didn't like it.

statuez

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
bk3OIuF.gif

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
That's exactly what I thought as I was watching the show. I even made a post about it. Lannisters fukked up

Exactly, if Cersei had any sense she would've changed the champion to a regular knight...but she wasn't thinking about the consequences as usual...Tywin should've checked that as well...but his priority is getting an heir to Casterly Rock and that can only happen with Tyrion out of the way...

Daps
Fair enough. My brain kicked in way too early for my heart to get involved - that's why I didn't like it. It was predictable.

I never saw some of the previous seasons twists coming but I saw this one from a distance and I didn't like it.

My thing with this Oberyn killing is that him dying wasn't a twist at all. He was going up against one of (if not the best) fighters in the world. The Mountain was a beast. An incredible specimen. Oberyn dying was hardly meant to be a twist. Odds were on The Mountain from the beginning. People were just hoping Oberyn could defy them.

The twist was how he died. That he was actually winning this fight yet lost it in the end and to then die by getting his eyes gouged out. :huhldup:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
True blood didn't follow the source material and the perception is that the quality is lacking and the show veered toward the ridiculous... Ill still be watching every week but it's not considered one of the top shows on tv and it had the potential... As much as I hate to see my favorite characters die I want to see what the creators payoff is
this..it really worries me low key. hurry up george :sadcam: