Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:camby:

dob093.gif

Not even close :camby:

:mjlol:

The Blind Man

Illuminated Attitude Adjuster
Daps
Reppin
The Republik of Mancunia
I hear you but Its extra because his skull is in pieces now. He went out there claiming to fight for tyrion but he really just wanted to use it to serve his own agenda. Look at him now.. :snoop:

I dont think he hid his motives for wanting to fight The Mountain.

The prospect of embarrassing Tywin just got too good to him.

raff

Rookie
Daps
What GoT podcasts do y'all listen to? A cast of kings and the Baldmove one are my go to casts but sometimes I be feinding for another perspective.....and neither one put their latest episode up yet
3 Youtube channels named -aa podcast-, -philtheissuesguy- and -tony teflon- are my go to spots. Especially tony's rants are hilaroius.

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
What GoT podcasts do y'all listen to? A cast of kings and the Baldmove one are my go to casts but sometimes I be feinding for another perspective.....and neither one put their latest episode up yet
Its not a podcast, but the best thing out by far are the Whattheflick reviews on YT

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
GRRM is a smart dude. He started the the story with Ned for a reason: a character that's easy to like, has that certain every man ethos and is someone that does the "right thing" in the face of adversity (much like the view we like to hold of ourselves). Once you're invested in Ned's character, he's murked. But, you want to see the ramifications and fallout of this treachery; so you stay. You want comeuppance or some kind of resolution. From that point on, everyone that attempts to mete out retribution ends up dead. This goes back to this disillusionment with honor and fascination with chaos and entropy. Okay, got it. Oberyn had a great hero arch. He had a just cause (revenge for his sister). He was someone that loathed the main antagonists and he was cool. He even had a list of people he was going to kill (similar to Arya :ohhh: :mjpls:). He's killed by the first dude on the list. :pachaha:.

I have no problem with characters being killed, per se. I know we're both True Detective fans; if Rust would've died at the end I wouldn't have had a problem with it. The issue that I have with GRRM is that it seems like in this universe -- decent person =automatic death. This is essentially as static as a world where all decent people live happily and harmoniously. It's just the other end of the spectrum. I also realize that he uses death to advance the story thematically. But, it doesn't always have to be death (primarily to the "good" characters) that advances the character or the story arch. Jamie is a good example of that.

Agree with what you brehs are saying. At this point the "good" guy getting murked has become too predictable. With the amount of W's "good" characters have had this season I knew Oberyn would end up getting that work.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

The Blind Man

Illuminated Attitude Adjuster
Daps
Reppin
The Republik of Mancunia
Agree with what you brehs are saying. At this point the "good" guy getting murked has become too predictable. With the amount of W's "good" characters have had this season I knew Oberyn would end up getting that work.

I think we as consumers get the moral basis of a character confused with characters we're actually checking for.

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
I think we as consumers get the moral basis of a character confused with characters we're actually checking for.
I personally wasn't checking for O-Block. His whole aura was of someone who was going to get that work.

I semi-agree with you. As a member of #StarkSet i'm really stilll riding for Ned through his seeds. His daughters look ready to turn heel/anti-hero & Bran story boring AF.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

"The Black Guy Who Tips" Podcast (hosted by @rodimusprime ) does like a 40-minute discussion every week for the latest episode on Tuesdays or Wednesdays.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
so if Oberyn knew Brazilian jiujitsu would he have survived and blocked that dude from getting to his face? I mean i guess not after that strike that dazed him

and I thought it was brutal to watch Batman get his back broken...holy shyt would Batman even survive in Game of Thrones...

:russ: brazilian jiu jitsu aint doing shyt against a man who is described as close to 8 feet tall and 500 lbs of pure muscle in the books, with the strength to use a 2 handed greatsword the way arya uses needle.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Pull that thing out you bytch get to shoutin'
p*ssy goood, tight grip like the mountain

:youngsabo: #TargOvaAll #AintNada2CutDatSimpOff