Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
I gotta continue to roll with #Targset cause ive always been loyal. But I know hoes ain't and I'm starting to regret it, cause I'm bored as fukk. I'm bout to say fukk my loyalty and say #Houndset if the Khaleesi doesn't unleash the dragons on some bytchass Lannisters soon

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
One year ago
Bkot6WcIcAI0e8r.jpg

Today
BpKFGWkCcAAK8Gl.jpg

Leaving them Thrones have you feeling some type of way
That's gotta be a hell of a reintroduction to society. After being the king in the north, or a prince of dorne to riding the subway. :russ:

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
I gotta continue to roll with #Targset cause ive always been loyal. But I know hoes ain't and I'm starting to regret it, cause I'm bored as fukk. I'm bout to say fukk my loyalty and say Houndset if the Khaleesi doesn't unleash the dragons on some bytchass Lannisters soon
:mjlol:

his days are looking numbered

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
:lupe: I don't know if anyone has brought this up in the thread yet, But am I the only 1 that noticed that it looked like the Boltons were heading to Winterfell instead of the Dreadfort?
the warden of the north resides in winterfell

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
I might be a free agent at the end of this season if #Targset don't pick up my option :lupe:
she let some bum blow her back out and made jorah leave

those are the exciting parts

:lolJ::lolJ:

:why: fukk was grrm thinking with that storyline

johnnydakota

Star, "Skateboard High"
Supporter
Daps
Really hoping for that mini Starkset reunion to come through, Littlefinger definitely has enough coin and chickens in the stash to put Hound on the payroll.

Boltons were flexin' hard this episode, painful to see them running things in the North right now brehs but karma will catch up to them. Roose punk ass underestimating the strength of Prof Bran and Rickon Da Gawd, the North will not ride with this traitorous scum once the Starks resurface and claim what is theirs.

I'll give Roose credit for one thing though, he just raised the count of soon to be dead Boltons by one. :demonic:

Hope everybody is pouring out a little ale for Oberyn, blessed us for an entire season :blessed: sad to see him go.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
GRRM is a smart dude. He started the the story with Ned for a reason: a character that's easy to like, has that certain every man ethos and is someone that does the "right thing" in the face of adversity (much like the view we like to hold of ourselves). Once you're invested in Ned's character, he's murked. But, you want to see the ramifications and fallout of this treachery; so you stay. You want comeuppance or some kind of resolution. From that point on, everyone that attempts to mete out retribution ends up dead. This goes back to this disillusionment with honor and fascination with chaos and entropy. Okay, got it. Oberyn had a great hero arch. He had a just cause (revenge for his sister). He was someone that loathed the main antagonists and he was cool. He even had a list of people he was going to kill (similar to Arya :ohhh: :mjpls:). He's killed by the first dude on the list. :pachaha:.

I have no problem with characters being killed, per se. I know we're both True Detective fans; if Rust would've died at the end I wouldn't have had a problem with it. The issue that I have with GRRM is that it seems like in this universe -- decent person =automatic death. This is essentially as static as a world where all decent people live happily and harmoniously. It's just the other end of the spectrum. I also realize that he uses death to advance the story thematically. But, it doesn't always have to be death (primarily to the "good" characters) that advances the character or the story arch. Jamie is a good example of that.
[/QUOTE]

Like I said before, I don't think Martin or this story is beyond criticism. There is definitely merit to what you and hex are saying. I was only trying to say that you and others might be missing the main arc in my opinion. There are a multitude of subplots that may or may not contribute to the main plot's conclusion. It's up to you to determine what that is but I can't sit here and act like they haven't basically spelled it out for us, even on the show.

My only fear is that Martin is going to scrap his original plans in order to shock or stay ahead of his audience. That would be a cop out in my eyes.

But I don't think the Red Vipers scene was that in my opinion . It was probably just filler to drive a subplot that may or may not have ties to the main one, even if we did like the character and wanted him to stick around. He is most likely meaningless in the grand scheme of things.