Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
One year ago
Bkot6WcIcAI0e8r.jpg

Today
BpKFGWkCcAAK8Gl.jpg

Leaving them Thrones have you feeling some type of way

Last edited:

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
If we focus on the good guys that die, we are forgetting all the good guys who have lived. Jon, Dany, Tyrion, Bran, Sansa, Arya, Sam, etc. Oberyn was a side-character. He was introduced in Season 4 and had a total of like 20-30 minutes of total screen time until that fight. It was our choice as viewers to attach ourselves to him and make him out to be something he was not. He is a Prince of Dorne who came to King's Landing to seek vengeance for his murdered relatives. Thats it. He very well could have been a character that book readers and show watchers hated for all GRRM knew when he published the story 15 years ago.. We personally built those expectations.

Except GRRM made him a likable character not us. In a world that is full of sick, sadistic, morally corrupt individuals, Oberyn was a person who had honor, values, and a moral code. He is like one of 3 people on the show that have had that (ned, tyrion, and him). 2/3 of those people are now dead, the last one has been sentenced to die.

Also I'm not counting any of the young kids because they are still forming and can be swayed one way or another

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
:ehh: If we talking about on the show & in-character, I guess it's debatable who the baddest chick on the show is. If we talking off-show & the actress as themselves, Natalie Dormer (The chick who plays Margery Tyrell) is definitely the baddest.

CAC ALERT!!!!

:dahell:Hell no, better than the bytch that plays Milisanedra?:comeon:Or even Dany's translator?

This bytch got a stroke face.

She looks like a pig who got a stroke.

:blessed:

or

even

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:lupe: I don't know if anyone has brought this up in the thread yet, But am I the only 1 that noticed that it looked like the Boltons were heading to Winterfell instead of the Dreadfort?

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
:usure: Y'all can talk all that shyt about who can and won't be killed off if y'all want to. I ain't that confident.

This is how I feel about the Young Jon Snow right now

jeremy-evans-scared.gif

I didn't know there were people out here that actually cared for Jon. I honestly didn't like him til this season. I felt his best scenes were with Ygritte so I'm waiting for that reunion. Especially with her on her goon shyt.

I gotta feeling with heel turn Sansa she's gonna tell Aryra to kick rocks

ca41ad70_utuhk.gif

I'm honestly hoping not, man. They're still sisters and you could tell they loved each other even if they were annoyed by each other but they've both been through so much and changed a lot.

well u gotta remember bronn is a sellsword. if he could kill a nikka from behind instead of fighting him 1 on 1 he will. im taking honor and being brave enough to shoot the fair 1 into account. bronn sold out his homey who put him on in kings landing. i mean i understand its the mountain, but if he was truly as good a fighter as oberyn, he woulda came in with a similar gameplan and just as confident. sellswords are not knights.

Bronn didn't really sell him out, he just sees things as they are and spoke some real shyt and got something out of it for himself. Tyrion had to respect it. It seems grimy but it's just a realist point of view. After seeing that head explode trick tho I don't see how anyone could blame him.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
CAC ALERT!!!!

:dahell:Hell no, better than the bytch that plays Milisanedra?:comeon:Or even Dany's translator?

This bytch got a stroke face.

:camby:NOPE!!!! I'm a nikka, breh. And I stand by what I said, Natalie Dormer is the baddest actress on the show.

Yeah, I wouldn't go that far but there is something devious about her that makes her appealing

post-40222-Natalie-Dormer-apple-hot-gif-I-FntA.gif
:wow: Yep, they do a real good job of describing her looks on "The Tudors".

Last edited:

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
There is definitely merit to what both of you are saying, but you have to understand that GRRM wrote most of these scenes before social media existed. I don't think he did it for shock value, but as filler (my opinion, no spoilers). There was no real social media backlash. My only fear is that now that there is social media and the show happens to arguably be the most popular show in the world, he will fall victim to altering his original plan in order to shock people or to say "look, I'm better than you". That would be severely disappointing.

But (in my opinion, again no spoilers), the show and book have already told us the deal. The main arc is there, out in the open.

Pay attention to these scenes from earlier season. They don't spoil anything while telling you exactly what the main arc is (in my opinion):

GRRM is a smart dude. He started the the story with Ned for a reason: a character that's easy to like, has that certain every man ethos and is someone that does the "right thing" in the face of adversity (much like the view we like to hold of ourselves). Once you're invested in Ned's character, he's murked. But, you want to see the ramifications and fallout of this treachery; so you stay. You want comeuppance or some kind of resolution. From that point on, everyone that attempts to mete out retribution ends up dead. This goes back to this disillusionment with honor and fascination with chaos and entropy. Okay, got it. Oberyn had a great hero arch. He had a just cause (revenge for his sister). He was someone that loathed the main antagonists and he was cool. He even had a list of people he was going to kill (similar to Arya :ohhh: :mjpls:). He's killed by the first dude on the list. :pachaha:.

I have no problem with characters being killed, per se. I know we're both True Detective fans; if Rust would've died at the end I wouldn't have had a problem with it. The issue that I have with GRRM is that it seems like in this universe -- decent person =automatic death. This is essentially as static as a world where all decent people live happily and harmoniously. It's just the other end of the spectrum. I also realize that he uses death to advance the story thematically. But, it doesn't always have to be death (primarily to the "good" characters) that advances the character or the story arch. Jamie is a good example of that.