Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
:comeon:

He still was able to roll, he rolled the wrong way tho

I must say "with the way it was shot"

You'd expect a guy that athletic and with those cat quick reflexes....to roll up outta that shyt. I mean dude spin moving in the air like Jordan.

They should have showed him clearly smashing his head on the ground and "being out of it" for a second.

Because there were times The Mountain knocked him down or had him in a good position to be struck by a sword...yet Oberyn would get out of target range quickly.

LurkLurker

No f*cks available to be given
Daps
Reppin
Secret Location, Somewhere
That you saw the ending coming a mile away? Well yeah, that was the point and how it was framed. Everything leading up to the fight foreshadowed Oberyn losing. But we can't detach our brains from our hearts and we all thought he would pull it out despite fitting every stereotype of the hero that dies. Out bloodlust for Lannister deaths clouded our judgement

I read the books and knew it was coming, but there was still 3 seconds in the middle of that fight when the Mountain was laid out where I was thinking they might have changed it. I knew in my head how stupid that was and how there's no way that would work, but it was still there when I watched it. 3 seconds of legit hope.

fukking Game of Thrones. :wow:

PewPew

I came from nothing
Daps
Reppin
Earth
GOT11-2-Oberyns-Eyes.gif

He doesn't roll, the Mountain grabs him by the neck and picks him up with one arm. Watch again

After watching this scene over and over for the past 10 minutes I think you're right. The way it's shot I thought dude rolled towards the mountain on some Fu Fu Lame S**t. Now that Le Mountain admitted to killing his sister and kids does this mean war or........

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I just finished watching the last ep :damn::damn::damn::damn:, I though Oberyn was going to punish and kill that nikka, they gone and pulled another Robb Stark moment on me :birdman::damn:. The editing felt off during the fight though :patrice:, especially when Oberyn was talking to the mountain.

We gonna act like Stannis wouldn't have got straight back up :sas2:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Not really...Ned dying is a far more widespread narrative point then Oberyn's death. Keeping Ned alive is untenable and would change the entire story from top to bottom. Keeping Oberyn alive wouldn't be that big of a deal. I bet if we ran a poll the majority would be in favor of his not being killed off too.
Now you made your opinion known and I have made mine...it aint that serious bruh for you to keep harping on it.
My God I forgot how much I hate the attitudes of the majority of the Game of Thrones book reading contingent. Acting like this shyt is the fukking Quran or something. That is why I stopped posting in the book thread. You dudes are annoying as fukk.

Oberyn dying has MAD ramifications. Machinations that are actually STILL moving where the story stands now...to not have him die would mean Tryion wouldn't be sentenced to death. Which means even MORE stuff wouldn't happen. This nikka dying is IMPORTANT.

Ya'll get on the stan train and forget that all of the story is connected and not even Benioff and Weiss can just fukk with it for shyts and giggles. :comeon:

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
There was alot of piff in this episode yet no one has talked about my boy Tyrion delivering another piff speech from prison. "Piles and piles of them, years and years of them. How many countless, living, crawling things?" Why'd he do it brehs. Does Orson symbolize God?

(No book readers answer this please)
beatles have families too! :damn:

:dead: at tywin giving pycelle the :camby:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:dwillhuh:

Thats like watching "The Rains of Castemere" and saying great episode except for the Red Wedding

I don't get it breh, what was :beli: about it?

The over the top goofy violence? This show has many other examples of that, its the style of the show

Oberyn dying? Thats the viewers fault for getting attached to a character, nobody is safe (Rickon excluded)

That you saw the ending coming a mile away? Well yeah, that was the point and how it was framed. Everything leading up to the fight foreshadowed Oberyn losing. But we can't detach our brains from our hearts and we all thought he would pull it out despite fitting every stereotype of the hero that dies. Out bloodlust for Lannister deaths clouded our judgement

I'm curious why you disliked it, I personally think it is a GOAT-level TV moment on par with anything else this series has offered

I'll put it in spoilers so that way people can scroll past what I got to say like :manny:

I don't want to be that guy and nitpick the episode for people that liked it.

First off I don't read the books. So anything I say is strictly about the show....and I guess by extension the books.

The show tries so hard to go against the grain that it's becoming predictable. "The grain" being the usual happy "good guys win" Hollywood bullshyt. After 4 seasons anytime I see a new interesting character that seems halfway decent I assume they'll die a horrible death. I swear to God I had a convo earlier in the day....and I called the fight ending more or less exactly how it did. I knew Obreryn would die, and he'd die horribly, and it would somehow undermine the Trial By Combat, thus keeping Tyrion in danger. That's G.R.R. Martin 101 at this point.

So the reasons you're saying....nah. They've been pulling the same okey-doke since Ned Stark, and I don't want some happy shyt because I want the Lannisters to catch an L....I want anything beyond the usual "introduce/prop up a decent character....oh they're dead" routine going on 4 seasons. "Nobody is safe" is cool but eventually somebody has to be safe, or else death means nothing, because you always expect it. Or at least let off the gas pedal a bit, then catch people slipping. Beloved characters catching Ls late in the season is a cliche at this point.

"Oh look, he died". :yeshrug: That's basically how I watched that fight. Not trying to start a stan war but "The Wire" pulled off the "nobody is safe" shyt better, without it seeming like borderline trolling.

It's whatever. I'm not gonna stop watching but I hope at some point G.R.R. Martin understands that if everyone is constantly in danger that becomes as meaningless as nobody ever being in danger.

Fred.

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
I dont see how anyone can argue that this isnt the GOAT tv show :whew:

Im #StannisSet until the wheels fall off but I was getting real attached to Oberyn (no homo) :to: his screams kept me up last night :merchant:

I cant take Stannis, Tyrion or Jon Snow getting dropped :sadbron:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
After watching this scene over and over for the past 10 minutes I think you're right. The way it's shot I thought dude rolled towards the mountain on some Fu Fu Lame S**t. Now that Le Mountain admitted to killing his sister and kids does this mean war or........
Nah no war, because he never admitted Tywin gave the order

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
theon destroyed mentally:sadbron:

That's the most disturbing part of this show by far. I can't even watch that part of the episode where they were hunting that girl and Reek was like acting like one of the dogs. A broken human being.

nikka sleeping in the dog kennels. Didn't even want to be rescued. :wow:

It's like how much trauma did he endure that we didn't even see? :damn:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Easily the baddest female on the show, not even remotely close, can't even believe dudes a couple pages back weren't naming her in the top 5.
She's perfection, honestly.

The way her titties have the perfect amount of jiggle....:ohlawd:

Emilia fukked around and told them no more nudity....now she's been overshadowed by her handmaiden....:to:

If I lived in that world, I wouldn't even care about that "high born" shyt....I'm trying to get me a nice docile Naath girl....:shaq: