Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
If ever this show needed to veer off from following the books it should have been with Oberyn. The character had so much potential and Pedro Pascal was a charismatic enough actor that he was able to leap to the top of the audience favorites list. Killing him so soon just seems like a shortsighted move on the show's part.
Making matters worse was that while a character like Oberyn that is actually enjoyable to watch dies we are still getting way too much Ramsey and Reek with portents of even more time being spent with them. Those two chaacters could disappear forever (I wouldn't even need to see a conckusion to their storyline) and I would be ecstatic.

Best part of the ep for me though would definitely be Sansa showing that she has been paying attention during the hard schooling she got from her time in King's Landing and Sophie Turner looks good as hell in her "dark side" outfit.

No, the show is bigger than one character or actor. Some people who didn't read the books said the same shyt about Ned(who was my favorite character), but his death was a catalyst for all the shyt that occurred afterwards. Don't let you affliction for one character turn you off from the show or make claims like this.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
If ever this show needed to veer off from following the books it should have been with Oberyn. The character had so much potential and Pedro Pascal was a charismatic enough actor that he was able to leap to the top of the audience favorites list. Killing him so soon just seems like a shortsighted move on the show's part.
Making matters worse was that while a character like Oberyn that is actually enjoyable to watch dies we are still getting way too much Ramsey and Reek with portents of even more time being spent with them. Those two chaacters could disappear forever (I wouldn't even need to see a conckusion to their storyline) and I would be ecstatic.

Best part of the ep for me though would definitely be Sansa showing that she has been paying attention during the hard schooling she got from her time in King's Landing and Sophie Turner looks good as hell in her "dark side" outfit.
:zzz:didnt people like you say the same shyt about Ned in the first season? had to read about a bunch of bullshyt about how game of thrones isnt that great cause most shows would see the benefit of keeping a ned stark alive etc...

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Driving around and I'm still bothered about last night's episode on some why couldn't Jamie have thrown a spear before the mountain crushed vipers head Damnit! Feels like I'm a teenager and went through my first heartbreak being in disbelief and shyt haha

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
What dirty tactics duz Bronn use?

Bronn>>>>>

well u gotta remember bronn is a sellsword. if he could kill a nikka from behind instead of fighting him 1 on 1 he will. im taking honor and being brave enough to shoot the fair 1 into account. bronn sold out his homey who put him on in kings landing. i mean i understand its the mountain, but if he was truly as good a fighter as oberyn, he woulda came in with a similar gameplan and just as confident. sellswords are not knights.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Someone explain what the imp was talking about with his brother jamie
i was thinking about that today... maybe it was a metaphor for the Mountain? how senseless of a killer her was? or maybe it had to do with obsession, ie Oberyn's obsession with bringing his sister to justice?

TheDoc

Banned
Daps
new official promo shot of Emo Sansa :ehh:

cFsjkYa.jpg

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps

This is such a short sighted reactionary post. Maintaining accuracy to source material is the most important aspect of this show

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
well u gotta remember bronn is a sellsword. if he could kill a nikka from behind instead of fighting him 1 on 1 he will. im taking honor and being brave enough to shoot the fair 1 into account. bronn sold out his homey who put him on in kings landing. i mean i understand its the mountain, but if he was truly as good a fighter as oberyn, he woulda came in with a similar gameplan and just as confident. sellswords are not knights.

Actually he did, he stated the blue print to beat the Mountain, and was willing to do it if he could get a castle out of it. Just because you think you can do something that risks your life, doesn't mean you should automatically do it. Bronn is damn good fighter, it's made clear in the books and the series. He would have taken out the Mountain because he wouldn't have gotten emotional and left himself vulnerable.

Also, we saw what being honorable can do to you in this series, so there's no such thing as dirty tactics in game of thrones. Unless you want to die that is:ld:

raff

Rookie
Daps
i give mad props to jon arryn tho cause he was one of the most respected men and he kept robert and ned safe from the mad king when he asked for their heads. to me he fukked up by not listening to ned and fukking up the lannisters for their war crimes. we should be seeing tywin AND jamie at the wall right now and cersei married to some lowly northern lord.

:childplease:you feel it would've been easy to turn down all that Lannister paper, and have them stirring shyt far away in the West without any supervision?
What has happened was the optimal option for a realm trying to rebuild after civil war.