Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Dudes taking shots at the father figure they never had now? Sansa got done up after she said I know what you want? You know she no longer a virgin. You think he going to let Robin hit it? Get real.

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix

Can't stop watching this scene. Tywin giving that dusty ass Pycelle the :camby: in the middle of him doing the intro was :pachaha: Even the crowd was laughing at that old fart.

"Size does not matter when you're flat on your back" - Oberyn. The irony of that line brehs :wow::to:

My condo needs a good clean up when I get home tonight. I'm gonna be twirling and swirling that Swiffer like O-Block with the Spear :takedat: :to:

You know Bronn was watching in the cut like ":whew: I picked the right Trial-by-Combat to retire on...... :whew:"

tyrionbron_528009.gif

Last edited:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
If ever this show needed to veer off from following the books it should have been with Oberyn. The character had so much potential and Pedro Pascal was a charismatic enough actor that he was able to leap to the top of the audience favorites list. Killing him so soon just seems like a shortsighted move on the show's part.
Making matters worse was that while a character like Oberyn that is actually enjoyable to watch dies we are still getting way too much Ramsey and Reek with portents of even more time being spent with them. Those two chaacters could disappear forever (I wouldn't even need to see a conckusion to their storyline) and I would be ecstatic.

Best part of the ep for me though would definitely be Sansa showing that she has been paying attention during the hard schooling she got from her time in King's Landing and Sophie Turner looks good as hell in her "dark side" outfit.
nah :camby: the domino effect of a change like that is too much, they're already pushing it with some other storylines as far as changing shyt right now, how you call the show short sighted while at the same time making a short sighted opinion is laughable

if they go down that slippery slope of changing stuff around for ratings and fan favorites, etc. i won't even watch this shyt anymore :snoop: shyt would be disrespectful to GRRM to throw the story he spent so many years putting together in the bushes for ratings

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
If ever this show needed to veer off from following the books it should have been with Oberyn. The character had so much potential and Pedro Pascal was a charismatic enough actor that he was able to leap to the top of the audience favorites list. Killing him so soon just seems like a shortsighted move on the show's part.
Making matters worse was that while a character like Oberyn that is actually enjoyable to watch dies we are still getting way too much Ramsey and Reek with portents of even more time being spent with them. Those two chaacters could disappear forever (I wouldn't even need to see a conckusion to their storyline) and I would be ecstatic.

Best part of the ep for me though would definitely be Sansa showing that she has been paying attention during the hard schooling she got from her time in King's Landing and Sophie Turner looks good as hell in her "dark side" outfit.
cosign 100%

pedro pascal was too good for that character to just die in 8 episodes

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
nah :camby: the domino effect of a change like that is too much, they're already pushing it with some other storylines as far as changing shyt right now, how you call the show short sighted while at the same time making a short sighted opinion is laughable

if they go down that slippery slope of changing stuff around for ratings and fan favorites, etc. i won't even watch this shyt anymore :snoop: shyt would be disrespectful to GRRM to throw the story he spent so many years putting together in the bushes for ratings
I have always been of the opinion that adaptations are fluid works that must be willing to diverge from the source material where necessary as long as it enhances the story being told.
I don't need live action pantomiming of what is on the printed page...if you are that in love with the book then read the book because no matter what happens on the adaptation that story you read is still there just as unchanged as the last time you read it.
But that is just me.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
cosign 100%

pedro pascal was too good for that character to just die in 8 episodes
I have always been of the opinion that adaptations are fluid works that must be willing to diverge from the source material where necessary as long as it enhances the story being told.
I don't need live action pantomiming of what is on the printed page...if you are that in love with the book then read the book because no matter what happens on the adaptation that story you read is still there just as unchanged as the last time you read it.
But that is just me.
ignore how keeping a character who's supposed to die alive drastically effects the story because of ratings brehs

what would doing that mean for Tyrion? he gets saved in a trial by combat again and then what? nobody gets blamed for the jofferey murder? what are the effects of that in King's Landing breh? how does that change the dynamic between the Lannister family breh? how does that effect the rest of the realm's perception of them breh? in their eyes tyrion just killed the king and got to walk away freely. how does he continue to stay in king's landing after that? Cersei gon hire some assassins or what? cuz she aint just gon let it go like that. Mind you Tywin had just added Oberyn to the council, now he gets involved in that plotline how does his character effect it? He's supposed to be dead, his opinion shouldn't even be in the council at that point. shyt is Oberyn even gonna fukk with them after the fight or is he gonna try to kill Tywin immediately after? How does that effect Dorne? That confession would give them the right to attack King's Landing, now you're adding another entire realm into the war.

you see how much extra shyt they would have to change and work around just to keep Oberyn going? :stopitslime:
shyt has nothing to do with me wanting it the be the exact same way as in the books( :childplease: but i like how you assumed that just so you could make your opinion seem more valid) cuz i like when they make certain changes to enhance the story, but that's the key word nikka, ENHANCE, not completely alter, you straight up not even thinkin about how it would effect the story as a whole just cuz you liked the character :ufdup:

Last edited:

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Knew that shyt was too good to be true with Oberyn, man. :s

What a great episode

That Oberyn scene was so ill that it overshadows some of the other sadistic shyt that happened in less than 50 minutes:

1.) Having a guy with no joint lust over a woman.
2.) Having to kiss up AND KISS the guy that conspired to get your father beheaded
3.) Being dragged, hundreds of miles, from place looking for a ransom payout but steadily getting jerked on that.
4.) Speaking of jerked, back to unsullied :ohhno:
5.) Then you got sick fukks skinning people and tasting them like a popeyes 3 piece
6.) oh and finally, having a guys teeth...and I mean a lot of fukking teef, knocked out with one blow, then having your eyes crushed like grape, all while hearing the confession you've been waiting years to get. Just moments before...before.
Q1X30X8.png

I haven't recovered yet.
:dead:

raff

Rookie
Daps
Yeah, Sansa knows she got him now, like you said dude was about to die over her ugly ass mom, and he tells her she reminds him of Cat while being more beautiful.
Meng the actress that played Cat is giving me them Janet Mason vibes :shaq:, she defo had that fierceness.
Plus Cat been always dressing up nice, Sansa is just following up on that unwillingly :whew: