Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

ADLT

make u feel sum type a wave
Daps
Reppin
choom gang
dont hate breh. the north is so thoro even our weirdwood trees getting sponsorship money

stub-hub-ticket-oak-barbecue-large-7.jpg

:ufdup:

:pachaha:

raff

Rookie
Daps
1. I'm only judging the character on what I know. That's all any critic can do. You are more or less saying "Simba might have done terrible thing a,b,c,d after the credits roll, therefore we can't assume that the Lion King makes him out to be a good king."

2. Off the top of my head, here's a list of honorable things Ned did that had negative consequences:

- disagreeing with Robert over killing Dany and resigning as Hand because of it
- Telling everyone he ordered Tyrion's capture when Cat did it
- not making peace with the Lannisters after Robert ordered him to
- ordering Mountain's execution
- threatening to strip Tywin of all his land
- telling Cersei about the kids
- refusing Renly's offer for help protecting the kids from Robert
- confessing to the treason to save sansa

3. I agree with you, good and bad don't mean the same as smart and dumb. However, always insisting on doing the honorable thing often leads to dumb decisions. This is what Ned is guilty of.

I'd also add that he was a bad leader, because he lacked farsightedness. He was oblivious to the consequences and the stakes of the "game". He said while being locked down in the dungeon that HE didn't care about dying, like being a Lord of the North was all about him. What about his family, what about his subjects.

His and the rest of the Norths disdain for politics/politicking was their anti-intelectual fatal flaw, and will be an alley for the Boltons, Freys, Balons, LFingers
or Tywins plots until the North learns and not just remembers..

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
If this were any other story and if he was born to any other family, Jaime could have been THE hero of the story. His character is reminiscent of Anakin and other fallen hero types. Jaime lannister is obviously a deconstruction of the knight in shining armor trope. Jamie Lannister is the quintessential noble demon.

Last edited:

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
Lannisters shytting on Ned:mjlol:.What about the dumb shyt Tywin is doing?His allies the Tyrells murdered his grandson right under his nose.What does he do?Marry his other grandson to them.Picks oblock to be a judge.What does he do?Becomes Tyrions champion.

His only capable child he has locked up about to get executed or sent to the wall.His other two been fukking since they were teens and he's too proud to notice what everyone else knows.Tywin is the most overrated Nikka in this show.Only thing he's good at is committing war crimes.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
You said Ned saved Stannis. The war was over when Ned arrived :mjlol:
Atleast know what your talking about.
And ned arrived late to save this sister

Basically no head Ned aint save anyone :mjlol:
Tyrells didn't leave when the war was over they stayed until Ned showed up

:umad:

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Lannisters shytting on Ned:mjlol:.What about the dumb shyt Tywin is doing?His allies the Tyrells murdered his grandson right under his nose.What does he do?Marry his other grandson to them.Picks oblock to be a judge.What does he do?Becomes Tyrions champion.

His only capable child he has locked up about to get executed or sent to the wall.His other two been fukking since they were teens and he's too proud to notice what everyone else knows.Tywin is the most overrated Nikka in this show.Only thing he's good at is committing war crimes.
I don't like the lannisters at all save Tyrion and when Tywin shyts on his kids

He knows about cersi and Jamie, he just act like he doesn't

He only cares about his name and legacy

His kids are means to an end, he doesn't give a shyt about them

I wouldn't be surprised if he had a hand in killing Joffrey

He wants and demands ultimate power and he didn't have that at all with Joffrey

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If this were any other story and if he was born to any other family, Jaime could have been THE hero of the story. His character is reminiscent of Anakin and other fallen hero types. Jaime lannister is obviously a deconstruction of the knight in shining armor trope. Jamie Lannister is the quintessential noble demon.

Most of the shows characters are like this, GoT intentionally inverts expectations.

Tyrion's a manipulative imp ... but he is the moral center of the story
Ned is the noble lord .... but his insistence on following his code causes terrible suffering
Robert's the heroic king ... he's a drunk and a whoremonger
Tywin is an old man obsessed with his family name .. so much so that he ruins his children
Cersei and Sansa (and countless others) are princesses ... in reality they are treated like animals at best, prostitutes at worst

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
starkset setting up for the big W tho. anybody can see that.

jon STARK is the realest nikka standing between the white walkers and the realm that targset is laying claim to but still isnt anywhere close to approaching.

arya is becoming the baddest most unassuming hitter to ever live.

bran is basically a young professor x out here.

rickon is mia but that just gives him time to grow up and harness that anger of being abandoned.

sansa is learning game from one of the smartest schemers in the kingdom. she's posed to become lady of the vale and plus, whether or not tyrion dies, her marriage with him was never consummated so she is gonna be sought after for her claim to the north.

meanwhile...

khaleesi taking over projects and then losing them as soon as she gets them. she talking about staying in this one to rule, iight i get it.

but then she in the bedroom getting drunk off that thunderbird telling one of her doljas to show her his dikk. meanwhile her kids are nowhere to be seen, probably out stealing more sheep and committing fly-bys

ya queen is looking like cersei out here with her stupid decisions. she shoulda been in westeros by now with her 8,000 unsullied trying to marry into a house with a large army. any house would do. 3 dragons, 8,000 unsullied, 2,000 second sons and maybe 5 - 10,000 soldiers from any house at all should be enough to take over westeros. even if the dragons aint full grown, u take over 1 castle in the only country that actually matters, the armies will flock to u. you sit there and let your dragons grow while taking pledges of fealty from other houses and letting everybody else shyt themselves. she coulda even went to holla at the iron bank!

:comeon:

Exactly, she has all the power and dont know what to do with it.. She seems like she is more ready than anyone

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
I don't like the lannisters at all save Tyrion and when Tywin shyts on his kids

He knows about cersi and Jamie, he just act like he doesn't

He only cares about his name and legacy

His kids are means to an end, he doesn't give a shyt about them

I wouldn't be surprised if he had a hand in killing Joffrey

He wants and demands ultimate power and he didn't have that at all with Joffrey
He didn't know shyt about Joffrey.And if he cares about his name and legacy he would of stopped the incest along time ago.He doesn't know shyt.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
He didn't know shyt about Joffrey.And if he cares about his name and legacy he would of stopped the incest along time ago.He doesn't know shyt.

That's one of the most puzzling shyt about Tywin I don't get. Is he in denial? At this point of the story it's almost blindingly obvious that Jaime and Cersei are fukkin, yet it looks like Tywin is either ignorant about it or chooses to stay ignorant (despite the fact that Stannis put the whole thing on blast) which is stupid as fukk. :mindblown: