Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I think Ramin Djawadi does all the scores for GoT. The ones with lyrics are done by other artists. You got a link to those themes though? Only one I found was Dany's theme.
I see the lannisters song all the time. I don't think any are official house songs. I never hear any other called "song" but the lannisters

But they definitely all have specific themes that only play for members of that house

Tikal

Coming thru like BLAOW
Daps
Reppin
:ahh:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Stark stans still crying about their hero Ned's reign on top being shorter than leprechauns :umad:

dont hate breh. the north is so thoro even our weirdwood trees getting sponsorship money

stub-hub-ticket-oak-barbecue-large-7.jpg

:ufdup:

Daps
Are brienne and pod going to the vale??

I mean don't tell me if it wasn't revealed. But I'm watching again. They talked about it, then there was a fork. Pod wasn't sure. But they never said which direction was which and what they chose

i wasnt sure either. i think they kind of implied it but didnt make it clear.

I thought they did make it clear that they were going to the Vale.

Upon a rewatch of that scene, however, I see it's up for interpretation. I'd bet my left nutsack that they're going to the Vale tho.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I thought they did make it clear that they were going to the Vale.

Upon a rewatch of that scene, however, I see it's up for interpretation. I'd bet my left nutsack that they're going to the Vale tho.

yea its heavily implied but they dont make it a point to say its definitely the vale. im sure it is tho. not for any book reasons cause their storyline is straying from the books but just because they were just talking about how arya's only relative living is her aunt lysa or jon at the wall but then hot pie said the hound stole her. so they know he aint gonna ransom her to jon snow.

Daps
yea its heavily implied but they dont make it a point to say its definitely the vale. im sure it is tho. not for any book reasons cause their storyline is straying from the books but just because they were just talking about how arya's only relative living is her aunt lysa or jon at the wall but then hot pie said the hound stole her. so they know he aint gonna ransom her to jon snow.

Ya, it boils down to how you read Brienne walking ahead confidently/smugly. Pod had just explained why he thought she was in the Vale, but when asked if he was sure, he said no. I took that as Brienne happily getting Pod to admit he doesn't know everything, yet her still trusting his judgement because it was logically sound...sort of a growth moment in their squire-knight relationship.

However, given that Brienne had just smugly pointed out how wrong Pod was about sharing their mission on the road (since their openness led to Hot Pie sharing his intel) I could see someone else interpreting that as Brienne believing Pod is green and NOT heeding his advice especially since he was so uncertain.

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
:lolJ:

:courtumad:

what do these things have to do with stannis?

get shyt on by a non-book reader brehs

u lookin like :dunkface:

You said Ned saved Stannis. The war was over when Ned arrived :mjlol:
Atleast know what your talking about.
And ned arrived late to save this sister

Basically no head Ned aint save anyone :mjlol:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Of course they are going to the Vale, they had a choice to continue north to the Wall or go east at that fork in the road. The vale is to the east. They were debating going to the Vale when they turned east. Brienne says "are you sure" to Pod then they turn anyway. Its not so much an implication as it is a blatant smack in the head

QZqS76L.gif

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of dudes need to realize that Ned's outmoded sense of honor is not a good character trait, it is an unfortunate and detrimental part of his character. Ned's insistence on following a code of conduct only he believes in has clearly made the lives of most westerosians much worse than they would have been if Ned had swallowed his pride and practiced some real politik.

Being a leader is about making tough choices. Always following a dated moral code allows you to cop out of true tough choices (renly vs stannis) and act like you are a strong person by making easy choices look tough (beheading the deserter).

This show flips a lot of fantasy tropes on their heads and it seems like the honour bound knight is the one people pick up on the least.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
A lot of dudes need to realize that Ned's outmoded sense of honor is not a good character trait, it is an unfortunate and detrimental part of his character. Ned's insistence on following a code of conduct only he believes in has clearly made the lives of most westerosians much worse than they would have been if Ned had swallowed his pride and practiced some real politik.

Being a leader is about making tough choices. Always following a dated moral code allows you to cop out of true tough choices (renly vs stannis) and act like you are a strong person by making easy choices look tough (beheading the deserter).

This show flips a lot of fantasy tropes on their heads and it seems like the honour bound is the one people pick up on the least.

This is some dumb ass shyt from top to bottom.

I'm not even sure I want to respond any further to this. What a garbage argument.

A lot of dudes need to realize that Ned's outmoded sense of honor is not a good character trait, it is an unfortunate and detrimental part of his character. .
In what twisted world is a positive moral code a bad character trait? This is just beyond :why:

Ned's insistence on following a code of conduct only he believes in has clearly made the lives of most westerosians much worse.
Beyond the fact that this is flat out false due to the fact that he is beloved in the North which is the one place he ACTUALLY ruled, just looking at the rest of Westeros this is a clear deflection. A "blame the victim" mentality. The others around him are morally lower than pond scum and starting wars and commiting murders and treasons and you are blaming the one person who did nothing wrong. :mindblown:

Being a leader is about making tough choices. .
Ned is only a leader in one place, the North. He only became Hand in order to figure out Jon Arryn's killer. He then quit the Hand and was forced back by Robert. He was not a southern 'leader' by choice, so he needs not to be held to any standards of any other southern leaders.

Always following a dated moral code allows you to cop out of true tough choices (renly vs stannis)

This is not a question of morality. This is a question of the law. Stannis is King by law. Calling laws 'moral codes' is laughable

and act like you are a strong person by making easy choices look tough (beheading the deserter).

First off Ned isn't 'acting' like anything by beheading the NIghts Watch deserter. Second off, Ned is not doing anything to make the choice look tough. He made it very easy. The guy deserted the Nights Watch, Ned took his head off. Simple as that. This is a strange thing to say and it seems like you are just pulling stuff out your ass on that one.

IN SUMMARY: :camby:

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is some dumb ass shyt from top to bottom.

I'm not even sure I want to respond any further to this. What a garbage argument.

In what twisted world is a positive moral code a bad character trait? This is just beyond :why:

Beyond the fact that this is flat out false due to the fact that he is beloved in the North which is the one place he ACTUALLY ruled, just looking at the rest of Westeros this is a clear deflection. A "blame the victim" mentality. The others around him are morally lower than pond scum and starting wars and commiting murders and treasons and you are blaming the one person who did nothing wrong. :mindblown:

First off, Ned is only a leader in one place, the North. He only became Hand in order to figure out Jon Arryn's killer. He then quit the Hand and was forced back by Robert. He was not a southern 'leader' by choice, so he needs not to be held to any standards of any other southern leaders.

This is not a question of morality. This is a question of the law. Stannis is King by law. Calling laws 'moral codes' is laughable

First off Ned isn't 'acting' like anything by beheading the NIghts Watch deserter. Second off, Ned is not doing anything to make the choice look tough. He made it very easy. The guy deserted the Nights Watch, Ned took his head off. Simple as that. This is a strange thing to say and it seems like you are just pulling stuff out your ass on that one.

IN SUMMARY: :camby:

Okay, I'll slim it down for you.

We're talking about doing what is right vs. doing what needs to be done.

Ned chooses to do what is right every time.

This isn't a good thing.

Keep in mind the concept of right isn't absolute.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
:mjlol: Westeros 1000 years in the future

If you think this is the most ridiculous idea ever, well, isn't that what this forum is all about? Well, here goes.

I'm a huge Game of Thrones fan, and I was thinking Westeros doesn't have to stay in medieval times forever, does it? If we extrapolate beyond the end of the series (even though we don't know how it ends) they might eventually get to modern times. I was thinking of building a setting so that we could write a story in it. Here's what I predict will happen to the Lands of Ice and Fire:

- They will map out the whole world. There are only 3 continents: Westeros which is already mapped, Essos which is mostly mapped, and Sothoryos which is mostly unmapped.

- Sothoryos turns out to not be that big. The northern part is a jungle and the southern half has mountains, hills, and grasslands. It is sparsely populated.

- Once steamships are invented and travel becomes easier, millions of people from Westeros will migrate to Essos and Sothoryos to avoid the long winters.

- There will be many developments in geothermal heating and indoor farms to help people survive the long winters.

- The Others will be mostly exterminated by machine-gun wielding marines with dragonglass bullets. However, there might be a few still lurking toward the North Pole.

- Westeros will divide into many nations. They will start out as kingdoms, and some will remain that way. Other nations will become democratic over time.

- The Riverlands will not be a single nation, but will divide into a dozen or so small republics: Frey, Tully, Dondarrion, etc. They will be economically tied but will each have their own governments.

- Dorne will grow in power, prestige, and population. Especially after they invent air conditioning.

- Southern companies will travel to the North to drill for oil, but Northerners will get angry over their homeland being exploited.

- The Wolfwood will be a wildlife preserve.

- The Wildlings will reject technology and stay mostly the same, but some modern necessities will find their way across the Wall.

- The Night's Watch will be well-maintained, although less necessary as the Others disappear and the Wildlings settle down.

- Professional sports, other than jousting, will take off in Westeros.
Highgarden United will be the reigning football (soccer) champions.

- The Pyke Krakens get at least 2 red cards per game.

- Dragons will grow in numbers, but never to more than a few hundred. They will keep to themselves in the ruins of Old Valyria, which will be a popular but dangerous tourist attraction.

Even though Essos will be a huge part of the equation, I'm more interested in the future of Westeros. What do you all think?

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Okay, I'll slim it down for you.

We're talking about doing what is right vs. doing what needs to be done.

Ned chooses to do what is right every time.

This isn't a good thing.

Keep in mind the concept of right isn't absolute.
Its false to say that Ned does what is right every time. We don't know that. We know his honor is strong, but we see a very small snapshot in his life. But I digress...

What honorable thing does Ned do that is wrong? By telling Cersei about his plans that was not about honor, it was about not wanting the murders of 3 children by Robert on his hands.

His mistake was in trusting other people, not in honor. This is where your argument falls apart at the seams. Trusting other people to be honorable is a mistake, not a character flaw.

Your concept of what is a good and bad thing is twisted so badly. Good and Bad do not mean the same thing as Smart and Dumb

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its false to say that Ned does what is right every time. We don't know that. We know his honor is strong, but we see a very small snapshot in his life. But I digress...

What honorable thing does Ned do that is wrong? By telling Cersei about his plans that was not about honor, it was about not wanting the murders of 3 children by Robert on his hands.

His mistake was in trusting other people, not in honor. This is where your argument falls apart at the seams. Trusting other people to be honorable is a mistake, not a character flaw.

Your concept of what is a good and bad thing is twisted so badly. Good and Bad do not mean the same thing as Smart and Dumb

1. I'm only judging the character on what I know. That's all any critic can do. You are more or less saying "Simba might have done terrible thing a,b,c,d after the credits roll, therefore we can't assume that the Lion King makes him out to be a good king."

2. Off the top of my head, here's a list of honorable things Ned did that had negative consequences:

- disagreeing with Robert over killing Dany and resigning as Hand because of it
- Telling everyone he ordered Tyrion's capture when Cat did it
- not making peace with the Lannisters after Robert ordered him to
- ordering Mountain's execution
- threatening to strip Tywin of all his land
- telling Cersei about the kids
- refusing Renly's offer for help protecting the kids from Robert
- confessing to the treason to save sansa

3. I agree with you, good and bad don't mean the same as smart and dumb. However, always insisting on doing the honorable thing often leads to dumb decisions. This is what Ned is guilty of.