Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I disagree with this.

Ned was behind Stannis cuz he was the rightful heir, not cuz he was some great leader. He may have been against the Red Woman, but he wouldn't have supported the usurping of the throne over it.

maybe i overstated it. i dont think he would have fully backed renly against stannis, but he woulda had second thoughts about backing a religious nut.

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
nah it's because to Ned, when his pops and brother was getting murdered by the mad king Jaime was chilling doing his "duty" it wasn't until the war was done and tywin came tru kl that Jaime stab the mad king in the back and was sitting on the throne like:heh: nikka we made it, Jaime was content with being viewed as the kingslayer

:laff:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If Ned knew Stannis was gonna become a cult leader I think he'd just bow out of that situation entirely. He wouldn't back anyone against Stannis and he wouldn't support him, either.

#Starkset ain't with all that witchcraft. :scusthov:

Fred.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
If Ned knew Stannis was gonna become a cult leader I think he'd just bow out of that situation entirely. He wouldn't back anyone against Stannis and he wouldn't support him, either.

#Starkset ain't with all that witchcraft. :scusthov:

Fred.

word i just picture ned finding out about the shadow baby killing renly and just backing away from stannis like :whoa:

n shyt the first scene we get of stannis and melisandre is of them burning statues of the faith of the 7. so theres no reason to think they gonna respect the northern gods. the only reason the old gods and the new co-existed was because they respected each other. almost every castle had a church for the 7 and a godswood for the old gods. people were allowed to choose.

melisandre and stannis just burned one of his relatives for not being a believer :snoop:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
tumblr_n5v5458MK91sh566ao1_500.png

Place your bets, folks. :blessed:

Daps
maybe i overstated it. i dont think he would have fully backed renly against stannis, but he woulda had second thoughts about backing a religious nut.

I tend to think he'd be like Daavos. He'd advise Stannis to drop ol girl, but he would never support Renly in any way shape or form.

I'm not sure he'd just back out either, killing babies was enough to make him consider doing that for Robert, I'm not sure magic would cause him to quit.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I disagree 100%. We've seen that actor portray "trolling"....it's half of Jaime's character....and there was none of that in that scene. He seemed legitimately upset that Ned responded how he did.....which is further illustrated in season 3 when he's in the hot tub with Brienne. He even mentions Ned by name in that scene, and laments the fact that nobody respects him despite the fact that he did the right thing.

Jaime is an @sshole but deep down he believes he's a good guy. He wants to be a good guy. We seen flashes of that in season 3, when he saved Brienne. We see that when he legit feels bad that he couldn't keep the oath to Catyln Stark, despite the fact that he should technically hate her because she's "the enemy". If Jaime was really on some "fukk the world" trolling shyt he wouldn't be so upset at his rep as The Kingslayer.

Fred.

Yep, here he admits he doesn't like being called Kingslayer. It's also obvious Jaime had a man crush on Ned Stark and even tried to make the fight they had clean.

Last edited:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I tend to think he'd be like Daavos. He'd advise Stannis to drop ol girl, but he would never support Renly in any way shape or form.

I'm not sure he'd just back out either, killing babies was enough to make him consider doing that for Robert, I'm not sure magic would cause him to quit.

:ehh: i see your point. i can see him being more like davos. i think whats most likely is he would just back out of the war and defend the north. if ned, arya and sansa arent in kings landing, there is no need for the northern lords to march south.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
i wonder if the northern lords would still think to declare the north as an independent kingdom if ned had left kings landing and went north. maybe ned wouldnt want them to, but the convo would probably be a little like this.

ned: stannis is the rightful king by all laws
northern bannermen: he is no king of ours with his queer god!
northern bannermen #2: it was the dragons we bent our knee to, and the dragons are all dead!
ned: what u are suggesting is treason. demon god or no, we are pledged to the iron throne
nb: it is no more treason than when u rode south against the mad king. he is burning anyone who does not want to convert to his red god! stannis and his red queen are no kings of me or mine! what do they know of the old gods or the wall or the wolfswood?!

:yeshrug: 2 weeks without an episode. :lolbron:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
i wonder if the northern lords would still think to declare the north as an independent kingdom if ned had left kings landing and went north. maybe ned wouldnt want them to, but the convo would probably be a little like this.

northern bannermen #2: it was the dragons we bent our knee to, and the dragons are all dead!
ned: what u are suggesting is treason. demon god or no, we are pledged to the iron throne
nb: it is no more treason than when u rode south against the mad king. he is burning anyone who does not want to convert to his red god! stannis and his red queen are no kings of me or mine! what do they know of the old gods or the wall or the wolfswood?!

:dead:

Robb Stark fukked up letting Greatjon gas him up like that. Ned would have squashed that King In The North speech ASAP.

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
nah it's because to Ned, when his pops and brother was getting murdered by the mad king Jaime was chilling doing his "duty" it wasn't until the war was done and tywin came tru kl that Jaime stab the mad king in the back and was sitting on the throne like:heh: nikka we made it, Jaime was content with being viewed as the kingslayer

Thats not true
The Mad king was about to Burn down kings landing :leostare:
He killed the pyro mancer also

Basically he did it to save Kings Landing
The Mad King ordering Jamie to kill his father didnt help either

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Thats not true
The Mad king was about to Burn down kings landing :leostare:
He killed the pyro mancer also

Basically he did it to save Kings Landing
The Mad King ordering Jamie to kill his father didnt help either

And some already forget that Jaime begged the Mad King to surrender first. It's not like Jaime just killed him on some Starscream shyt.

DonkeyPuncher718

If Your Knee Dont Bend It Can Be Broken
Daps
Reppin
The Wall

You make a good point but Ned is all about honor he would have bent the knee too dont get shyt twisted:birdman:

Whats really funny is Stannis and Ned are mirror images of each other yet Robert hated Stannis and loved Ned.

@Adam3000 posted this before I have I have to agree how can anyone watch this video and not respect Stannis???

He is the definition of RIDE OR DIE a man we would all be proud to call brother.:wow:

Westeros should be proud to call him King.

And they will all bend the knee to the rightful King

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
:dead:

Robb Stark fukked up letting Greatjon gas him up like that. Ned would have squashed that King In The North speech ASAP.

idk. the north are VERY dedicated to the old gods. only the north is blood of the first men and have that history. maybe at first, before stannis gets the throne, if anybody in the north brought up being independent ned would squash it. but if stannis gets the throne, and just a year later is trying to convert ALL of westeros to the lord of light, we might have a jihad on our hands. there is no way that anybody will put up with that. if stannis is like "ok ill let u all rock with your religions" there is no way melisandre is putting up with that. her god is a jealous god and every other religion is demon shyt to her.

assuming stannis would have won the throne, i just cant see there being peace. not with melisandre by his side. ESPECIALLY if she helps him win the throne. she gonna be like "you owe me son :ufdup:"